Darksiders 3 trophy list discussion

GoldenShaka

17 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

This isn't Darksiders anymore. The game screams Dark Souls in almost all of its mechanics. Apocalyptic mode is a pain because most enemies can kill you in two hits but mostly because the dodge is clunky and has a small range without any IF. You often dodge into the combo and you get hit. Very frustrating.

22 minutes ago, Void said:

that worries me

Yeah if this game is more akin to the Souls series in terms of gameplay then I'm more than likely giving this game a hard miss. I enjoyed the first 2 games very much in terms of gameplay.

Question for @Moiledieu. What is the combat button setup? Is it :square: for normal attacks or is it :r1:. If it's the latter are the buttons able to be remapped?

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah if this game is more akin to the Souls series in terms of gameplay then I'm more than likely giving this game a hard miss. I enjoyed the first 2 games very much in terms of gameplay.

Question for @Moiledieu. What is the combat button setup? Is it :square: for normal attacks or is it :r1:. If it's the latter are the buttons able to be remapped?

i agree, that is the one aspect that kept me from enjoying Souls games. The sluggish and clunky controls kept them from being FUN. I am hoping it plays more akin to Lament of Innocence or Lords of Shadows than a Souls game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Normal attacks are bound to :square: and you cannot remapped the buttons yet. I am saying yet because I am playing without the Day One patch as the game is not officially out. You also have to know that there are no dungeons anymore and thus no puzzles to solve. You have no map anymore so you have to remember everything which is a little hard for a Metroidvania game. Vulgrim acts as merchant as much as bonfire. When you die, you lose your souls that you have to get back where you passed away. There is no skill tree anymore, just stats to invest souls in but only 3 stats. Your weapons can be upgraded with fragments, shards, chunck of adamantine up to +10. You have some sort of Estus flasks that you can improve and increase their number ....

I think you get the point. ^^

Edited by Moiledieu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Any missables or is there a new game +? I wanna do one playthrough and make sure I can do everything in one go, two if new game plus.

I sure hope there is NG+ both previous games had it. I plan on doing first playthrough on normal and NG+ on Apocalyptic.

For Whom the Bell Tolls seems to be missable don't know about the other trophies.

Edited by Quink666

11 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

Normal attacks are bound to :square: and you cannot remapped the buttons yet. I am saying yet because I am playing without the Day One patch as the game is not officially out. You also have to know that there are no dungeons anymore and thus no puzzles to solve. You have no map anymore so you have to remember everything which is a little hard for a Metroidvania game. Vulgrim acts as merchant as much as bonfire. When you die, you lose your souls that you have to get back where you passed away. There is no skill tree anymore, just stats to invest souls in but only 3 stats. Your weapons can be upgraded with fragments, shards, chunck of adamantine up to +10. You have some sort of Estus flasks that you can improve and increase their number ....

I think you get the point. ^^

I'm really, really, really, not liking this. Souls is probably the worst thing to happen to gaming with all of the copy cats it's spawned. Darksiders was more of an edgy Zelda, it should have stayed that way

• Like 1

This game i a true button mash game. No light/heavy attack just spam :square: and dodge, no boss checkpoints at the very start of the fight forcing you to run several minutes to fight the boss again, tons of glitches and some of them game breaking... what a fucking joke. Thanks for butchering the Darksiders series. Avoid this game and save your money for something worth while.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

This game i a true button mash game. No light/heavy attack just spam :square: and dodge, no boss checkpoints at the very start of the fight forcing you to run several minutes to fight the boss again, tons of glitches and some of them game breaking... what a fucking joke. Thanks for butchering the Darksiders series. Avoid this game and save your money for something worth while.

Looks like I will be holding off buying the game until everythings been fixed

On 27 November 2018 at 2:20 AM, Quink666 said:

If you time your presses right, you do a move that throws the enemies into the air, meaning they cant attack. You can also hold the button for an AoE attack or a charged attack for secondary weapons.

Not really fair to call this a button masher unless you're on lower difficulties.

8 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

Be careful with the fight with Abraxis because after killing me, he is not appearing anymore. I don't know if this is the game breaking bug PS4 Trophies talked about but there is one.

I never mentioned this particular bug but this one happened to me as well My original bug was fixed in 1.02 after I had a conversation and sent them a video of it. For this bug, I went back to the title screen or closed the app (I forget which I did) and went back into the game and it was fine.

Edited by PS_4Trophies