"Come back here kenny"

Blackmist_FFXI

So as soon as I found out bout the clousers. I jumped back into vx. To do comrades

Now. Aside from some afking.

Ive dumped 20 hours of ffxv comrads in the last 4 days.

Ive lost count of how many missions ive done. But i went from lv 2. To 40...

And still no kenny..

Aside from what guide says.

Is there anyother way to get kenny to spawn?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marciojramos said:

I need this trophy, but only A.I. On daily mission. Please add me.

That's weird it won't even let me start the daily without at least 1 live person besides myself

As for Kenny I've got him to appear many times I'd say I get him more than any 1 other person altho I don't remember any chefs in the game dancing that much lol

I saw Kenny three time, the first one was in a online match with no IA character and nobody had meat and the mission was a daily mission. The other two time was absolutely random with IA while grind wkh. So yeah, the best method is play online match and hope nobody get a meat before the battle. Also if you can’t play online, the guide explain that you may create a new charcter and repeat the first mission and wait to see Kenny after the battle.

Edited by AlchemistWer

By the time I finished every other trophy for Comrades I still hadn't gotten Kenny.

What I recommend is trying the Daily mission a few times a day during busy periods and trying for the full human team, and if that's still no good, just make a new character and equip them with gear from your original character. Take them to a mission where the A.I will probably die and once they've used their ingredient, you should be all good.

I ended up getting Kenny luckily through the Daily mission, but I got it on a friend's account by using that second method and using the Baleful Bandersnatch mission. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

The RNG in this game is strange indeed - I get Kenny at least once a day, any combination of players or missions. I have also never seen Cid, and I am done with Comrades (I had to buy his buff from the Potion Shop).

What many have said above is correct though, play the daily and don't pick up any ingredients. Hopefully you get him soon!

Friend of mine says he has gotten kenny 3x this week w just a.i

I.sadly have been too bussy to play with work. And is looking like i wont get it.

How ever. From what i understand.

So long as your "offline" and dont update your client.  

In theory you can still farm kenny past the pull date 

As ive seen a few posts saying they played 100% offline. Disconnected from net. And still got trophys to ding. As playing with a.i is an option. Outside of daily spam

Now if only load times didn't take longer then missions..

I know I always picked up ingredients before the end of the mission and mostly played with AI. Saw Kenny 5-6 times in about 45-50 hours of gameplay. Saw him for the first time at around the 19 hour mark and I think I was playing with another human player.

I've noticed that Kenny typically shows up if you don't have any good ingredients at the end. 

Most of the time, when he did show up for me, it's because the quest I was doing was beyond what I was capable of doing. Take the Jabberwock quest for example, I wasn't prepared for it at all. All my AI were down. I used up all the food I could find in the map and finished with no one having food in their inventory and no food on the map. 

When the cook at the end collects your food, they also had no premium food to use. That is typically when Kenny shows up. When your options of ingredients is total garbage. 

Edited by ShianKiri
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I signed just to say that it's still possible to get this freaking kenny trophy while playing AI solo after Standalone upgrade

I finished the 13 sigil and 999.999 trophys with 25 hours, but no kenny

I tried the no ingredients method a lot (let all AI die twice at the double deadeyes quest) - nothing 

I tried the first garula mission with a new avatar method a lot - nothing

For some days, I though about downgrading the game to get the 1.0 comrades version (less specials guests, only cid, cindy and Kenny)

For some days, I though about deleting comrades data from the PS4 and restart from the scratch

Only when I went new game+ I got something: at the door behind Monica you can restart the electrical grid, but you mantain your old avatars and weapons

I repeated the first garula mission for 2 days, restarting my ps4 after 5 or 6 missions to soft reset the RNG - and finnaly...

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't know if anything I did improved the odds, prob not, but still, I FINNALY got it today.

I only got this trophy after 40 hours of comrades, and I have to say, this DLC almost ruined the whole FF experience for me, but still, great game

Now I only have Ignis and Ardyn DLC left for the 100% 

Thank you all for the tips

• Like 1

Valxis92 thank you so much. I was in the same boat as you, and then some. 55 hours in, I unlocked the entire grid and had over 1 million KW left over, completed every mission, and had enough mats to redo all my weapon upgrades a second time. I tried every trick, tip and method I could find online several times and to exhaustion. Still no Kenny. 

After reading your post, I figured I’d try it. Hit the door behind Monica and entered New Game plus. Restarted my PS4 after 5-6 runs of the first Garula mission. On my third cycle Kenny finally showed. 

I can’t explain how happy I am to have this ridiculous RNG trophy done. 

A million times thank you! ❤️

• Like 1

On 05/06/2020 at 7:18 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I will have to try this.

Would love 100% on this lol..sadly gotta do it again on standalone too uggh lol

Did you end up trying on 1.0?

I used the 1.26 FFXV version with the 1.2 comrades.

people usually thing it's easier to get kenny in the 1.0 because there was only 3 specials cooking (cid, cindy and kenny), while in the 1.2 we have gentiana, liberus, iris, coru...

And about the standalone.... I don't have psn+ and I'm not gonna subscribe just to play it. This mode made me hate multiplayer more than I already hate it.

On 04/06/2020 at 10:38 PM, JoeBallz79 said:

Valxis92 thank you so much. I was in the same boat as you, and then some. 55 hours in, I unlocked the entire grid and had over 1 million KW left over, completed every mission, and had enough mats to redo all my weapon upgrades a second time. I tried every trick, tip and method I could find online several times and to exhaustion. Still no Kenny. 

After reading your post, I figured I’d try it. Hit the door behind Monica and entered New Game plus. Restarted my PS4 after 5-6 runs of the first Garula mission. On my third cycle Kenny finally showed. 

I can’t explain how happy I am to have this ridiculous RNG trophy done. 

A million times thank you! 2764.png

When I posted my struggle, I thought that if at least one person uses it and gets the trophy, it would be everything for me. I'm really happy you managed to get it.