Blackmist_FFXI

"Come back here kenny"

19 posts in this topic

So as soon as I found out bout the clousers. I jumped back into vx. To do comrades

Now. Aside from some afking.

Ive dumped 20 hours of ffxv comrads in the last 4 days.

Ive lost count of how many missions ive done. But i went from lv 2. To 40...

And still no kenny..

Aside from what guide says.

Is there anyother way to get kenny to spawn?

The best way it seems is to get a party of 4 human characters and no-one picks up any ingredients at the start of the mission or within the mission.  I've encountered him a lot whilst doing the Daily mission.

Edited by Mesopithecus

It looks like there are some gaming sessions running to try and help groups get that trophy, so you could always try and group up with them.  I'm done with the DLC but still playing for fun so if you want to send me a friend request, I can always try to help too.

Sure xp as im finding i insta que with 1 human player when quick playing.

Ill add after a nap

I need this trophy, but only A.I. On daily mission. Please add me.

Edited by marciojramos

Sure ill add ya after work

Im gettin just a.i to

Friend got kenny to appear on robo resurection. Lv 19. All a.i as well

Can try for lobby matches vs low lv missions low lv toons and try

I managed to luck into this on a daily quest with 3 human players and I didn't know about getting ingredients. I don't understand why it worked. 

5 hours ago, marciojramos said:

I need this trophy, but only A.I. On daily mission. Please add me.

That's weird it won't even let me start the daily without at least 1 live person besides myself

As for Kenny I've got him to appear many times I'd say I get him more than any 1 other person altho I don't remember any chefs in the game dancing that much lol

i get the brown head almost all the time

Mariea or something

.*shrugs*

Bound to get it thou

Dam rng

I saw Kenny three time, the first one was in a online match with no IA character and nobody had meat and the mission was a daily mission. The other two time was absolutely random with IA while grind wkh. So yeah, the best method is play online match and hope nobody get a meat before the battle. Also if you can’t play online, the guide explain that you may create a new charcter and repeat the first mission and wait to see Kenny after the battle.

Edited by AlchemistWer

By the time I finished every other trophy for Comrades I still hadn't gotten Kenny.

What I recommend is trying the Daily mission a few times a day during busy periods and trying for the full human team, and if that's still no good, just make a new character and equip them with gear from your original character. Take them to a mission where the A.I will probably die and once they've used their ingredient, you should be all good.

I ended up getting Kenny luckily through the Daily mission, but I got it on a friend's account by using that second method and using the Baleful Bandersnatch mission. Good luck!

Hi mate I got Kenny in daily quest since 3 days everytime... aslong no players take ingredients of the camp he should appear. Good luck ✌️

The RNG in this game is strange indeed - I get Kenny at least once a day, any combination of players or missions. I have also never seen Cid, and I am done with Comrades (I had to buy his buff from the Potion Shop).

What many have said above is correct though, play the daily and don't pick up any ingredients. Hopefully you get him soon!

I got Kenny to show up on the daily infernal with a full human party. A lot of the time you may just get one or two people and it just cripples your chances of him getting to show up. 

Not a lot of people are playing, especially when I was. It depends on the time you play it too. 

Friend of mine says he has gotten kenny 3x this week w just a.i

I.sadly have been too bussy to play with work. And is looking like i wont get it.

How ever. From what i understand.

So long as your "offline" and dont update your client.  

In theory you can still farm kenny past the pull date 

As ive seen a few posts saying they played 100% offline. Disconnected from net. And still got trophys to ding. As playing with a.i is an option. Outside of daily spam

Now if only load times didn't take longer then missions..

I know I always picked up ingredients before the end of the mission and mostly played with AI. Saw Kenny 5-6 times in about 45-50 hours of gameplay. Saw him for the first time at around the 19 hour mark and I think I was playing with another human player.

I've noticed that Kenny typically shows up if you don't have any good ingredients at the end. 

Most of the time, when he did show up for me, it's because the quest I was doing was beyond what I was capable of doing. Take the Jabberwock quest for example, I wasn't prepared for it at all. All my AI were down. I used up all the food I could find in the map and finished with no one having food in their inventory and no food on the map. 

When the cook at the end collects your food, they also had no premium food to use. That is typically when Kenny shows up. When your options of ingredients is total garbage. 

Edited by ShianKiri