"Come back here kenny"

Blackmist_FFXI

• 3 months later...

playing 1.26 100% offline with AI and Kenny showed up 8 hours in game time for me (3 hours spent trying to get Beacons of Hope trophy which I did get eventually, Kenny will not show up while doing this) while I was farming materials

Finished my playthrough, took me 50hours and Kenny only showed up once the whole time... lucky.

Edited by SirWaWa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m playing through this with my level 15 avatar. Haven’t seen him yet...I’ve managed to get every other cook I believe. I wish there was a solid way for him to spawn. I finished some quests with no good on myself of any of the ai. 

EDIT. I ended up getting him on the roboressurection mission after about 10 times. So happy! Still have to beat the story and farm the kW. 

Edited by Side-Quest-Shane
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 9:26 PM, Side-Quest-Shane said:

I’m playing through this with my level 15 avatar. Haven’t seen him yet...I’ve managed to get every other cook I believe. I wish there was a solid way for him to spawn. I finished some quests with no good on myself of any of the ai. 

EDIT. I ended up getting him on the roboressurection mission after about 10 times. So happy! Still have to beat the story and farm the kW. 

I can confirm roboressurection mission also works for me, got it within 20 times, in same session without closing the application.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:38 AM, JoeBallz79 said:

Valxis92 thank you so much. I was in the same boat as you, and then some. 55 hours in, I unlocked the entire grid and had over 1 million KW left over, completed every mission, and had enough mats to redo all my weapon upgrades a second time. I tried every trick, tip and method I could find online several times and to exhaustion. Still no Kenny. 

After reading your post, I figured I’d try it. Hit the door behind Monica and entered New Game plus. Restarted my PS4 after 5-6 runs of the first Garula mission. On my third cycle Kenny finally showed. 

I can’t explain how happy I am to have this ridiculous RNG trophy done. 

A million times thank you! ❤️

Wow, I have no idea if it is the RNG gods or something but I got him with this method on the third cycle as well!

Thank god this suffering is behind me...

On 5/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, valxis92 said:

I signed just to say that it's still possible to get this freaking kenny trophy while playing AI solo after Standalone upgrade

I finished the 13 sigil and 999.999 trophys with 25 hours, but no kenny

I tried the no ingredients method a lot (let all AI die twice at the double deadeyes quest) - nothing 

I tried the first garula mission with a new avatar method a lot - nothing

For some days, I though about downgrading the game to get the 1.0 comrades version (less specials guests, only cid, cindy and Kenny)

For some days, I though about deleting comrades data from the PS4 and restart from the scratch

Only when I went new game+ I got something: at the door behind Monica you can restart the electrical grid, but you mantain your old avatars and weapons

I repeated the first garula mission for 2 days, restarting my ps4 after 5 or 6 missions to soft reset the RNG - and finnaly...

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't know if anything I did improved the odds, prob not, but still, I FINNALY got it today.

I only got this trophy after 40 hours of comrades, and I have to say, this DLC almost ruined the whole FF experience for me, but still, great game

Now I only have Ignis and Ardyn DLC left for the 100% 

Thank you all for the tips

All praises to Valxis92. Same method just worked for me. 50+ hours with no luck, then this hit for me on like my 5th cycle. It took a little while, but I definitely noticed a lot more rare cooks than usual on the run up to the pop. Can finally stop worrying about canceling that 1.3 update notification now.

Edited by Zskins26
Triple Post?

• 6 months later...

I can add, that I got it on the Roboressurection mission as well at around 20 hrs, while grinding out kW to get to Galdin Quay.

I had previously been attempting Lv 1 characters replaying the first Garula mission for hours without success before giving up and blitzing to the end, where I got lucky with it.

These are seriously the worst kind of trophies to include in a game, and are a good way to ruin any enjoyment that might otherwise be there. ?

Once I had gotten it and didnt have to worry about it, the missions following were far more enjoyable.

• 1 year later...