Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Platinum is UNOBTAINABLE

8 hours ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

conclusion ?? No more Challenges ??

So I give up and stop searching...

and also stop playing old games from Ubisoft ?!!

Correct. The challenges aren't coming back, unless Ubisoft decides to make more and restore the server - which has almost zero chance of ever happening.

20 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I always love these suggestions of turning on the servers for a weekend, as if the server unit is just sitting there ready to go and all that needs to be done is the power switch flicked on at the wall. 

This^

No developer is going to restore the servers for an old game, just for the weekend so a tiny number of trophy hunters can get their Platinums - it's simply not going to happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct. The challenges aren't coming back, unless Ubisoft decides to make more and restore the server - which has almost zero chance of ever happening.

This^

No developer is going to restore the servers for an old game, just for the weekend so a tiny number of trophy hunters can get their Platinums - it's simply not going to happen.

you don't know what's gonna happen in the near future...

still there's no clear evidence that the daily and weekly challenges are stopped permanently !!

it stopped showing before and got fixed later... so I'm not giving up on this , unless Ubisoft itself mention it clearly...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

Not saying that they won't be restored for whatever reason, but it's not as easy as Potent said earlier as a  "power switch flicked on at the wall."

• Like 1

This is a lack of respect for us, thankfully I can delete from my account the game because it is 0%. But there are players making the weekly and daily challenge trophies through bug / glitch in the shadownet. It would be nice for someone to make a video showing if this is so, one of the players said that while walking through online mode and playing the trophy came out of nowhere. So they must and have to solve it, only the achievers in the trophy have risen from 2.202 to 2.206, so I know there are hackers making the trophy and others with bugs in the game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

still there's no clear evidence that the daily and weekly challenges are stopped permanently !!

it stopped showing before and got fixed later... so I'm not giving up on this , unless Ubisoft itself mention it clearly...

Most of us use this human ability called "critical thinking" (the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.) After a year, its pretty safe to say they aren't coming back.  We don't need clarification from Ubisoft.  Their lack of a statement IS their statement.

• Like 1

I honestly don't want to sound mean here, but: you really expect publishers to keep indefinitely supporting online functionality in old last-gen titles, which in this case are soon to be TWO generations old? I know Splinter Cell: Blacklist isn't a super old game (2013), but the version your upset about IS on old hardware at this point. If you really want Achievements try the newer 'enhanced' 4K re-release of Blacklist on Xbox One X, or the PC version on UPlay (that's my preferred release).

PS5 will be out it just a short year, you can't expect publishers to keep expensive servers up on PS3 games nobody plays except the few occasional Trophy addicts a year who wander online long enough to nab a sticker and leave.

Before you buy ANY Last-Gen game (not just Ubisoft titles), don't expect or assume that the developers or publishers of that title are required to support the online services that no longer make them money, and cost them to maintain. This is precisely why I hate when developers tie trophies to online modes in mostly single-player games. It's actually why I like how a few PS4 games have their online trophies separate from the main games trophy list (sectioned off like DLC trophies) - that way you can still Platinum without the Online trophies (forward thinking). 

Edited by Fragtaster
  • Like 4

I have no idea where the assumption that a switch to turn on the server was what I said (at least I think I was indirectly quoted above) but I did mention how I was sure that's not how it worked.

In any case I meant it in a way where similar to EA's UFC 2 they added a live event that seems to extend for 2 years thus allowing those who want that trophy time to get it even if there isn't a daily update. Same goes for FIFA 18 and I assume other FIFA games where you need to play the team of the week but since it doesn't update anymore, the final team is still there even after there are no more updates to it. In regards to Blacklist, I figured they could add a challenge or challenges that don't end for some time to appease to those who want it. And by that, in worst case, I meant even a weekend could be enough for those needing it. Perhaps I should have clarified but it's not like it would make a difference seeing as it's all gone largely ignored anyways. And it seems like it's on separate servers from the actual multiplayer and uplay challenges too which makes what I suggest for naught anyways.

But yeah, I always love these suggestions that clearly add to the discussion ;) 

• Like 2