Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Platinum is UNOBTAINABLE

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 0:55 PM, II--KAMAL--II said:

can anyone please check this website:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

someone in ubisoft forum mentioned this website can solve this issue like what they did for call of duty black ops !!

Pretty sure the BBB dgaf about people not being able to get trophies.  The thing is, the game is 6 years old.  Anyone, including myself, who waited this long to play it are SOL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Easy_Duhz_It_ said:

Pretty sure the BBB dgaf about people not being able to get trophies.  The thing is, the game is 6 years old.  Anyone, including myself, who waited this long to play it are SOL.

I personally don't think this problem will be solved ever again, but it still is a major flaw from Ubisoft not updating new challenges without a warning to the community. Despite the game being 6 years old, Ubisoft is the only one to blame here.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, Leo_Diiniz said:

I personally don't think this problem will be solved ever again, but it still is a major flaw from Ubisoft not updating new challenges without a warning to the community. Despite the game being 6 years old, Ubisoft is the only one to blame here.

Sure it would have been nice to get a heads up from Ubi about the shutdown.  Even a quick Twitter post or something "Hey, we're going to cease challenges on Blacklist so go get that platinum" or something but either way, the Better Business Bureau will laugh at anyone storming their offices demanding they get Ubisoft to bring challenges back online so we can get a trophy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

To all people yelling "It will never get fixed! Forget about it!"...what's your problem?

There are clearly some people in this thread who care about this stuff, even I sometimes peek in here to see what's the status. Whether Ubi will fix the issue or not - nobody needs your attitude. Fingers crossed.

I'm not gonna apologize for being grounded in reality. This isn't a "fixable" issue here. It's not like there's a glitch in the system that took challenges offline and they're working diligently night and day to get them back up.  Ubisoft took them down...intentionally and they aren't coming back.  I think all of us in this group care about our trophies...but to tell people to contact the Better Business Bureau is a bit much.

Edited by Easy_Duhz_It_
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sydoki said:

To all people yelling "It will never get fixed! Forget about it!"...what's your problem?

There are clearly some people in this thread who care about this stuff, even I sometimes peek in here to see what's the status. Whether Ubi will fix the issue or not - nobody needs your attitude. Fingers crossed.

It doesn't matter how much you care. Because Ubisoft doesn't care. I understand when people are sad about this, but it won't change their minds. They'll tell you that the service was online for years and now just isn't worth the money to keep it updated. They are a company and what's really important for them is to not waste any money. That's the way it is.

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

It doesn't care how much you care. Because Ubisoft doesn't care. I understand when people are sad about this, but it won't change their minds. They'll tell you that the service was online for years and now just isn't worth the money to keep it updated. They are a company and what's really important for them is to not waste any money. That's the way it is.

This^

You can kick and scream as much as you want but no amount of emails and petitions will change Ubisoft's mind about bringing the servers back. This game and franchise are as dead as dead gets and Ubisoft doesn't give 2 shits about the situation, regardless of what their PR people say.

• Like 3

It will not come back.

Challenge service decommissioned.

——————————————————————

Candy @育碧支持曾写道: 

亲爱的玩家 您好:

感谢您联系 Ubisoft 客户服务团队,

我们从来不会轻易决定停止对育碧老游戏的服务。然而,随着每年新游戏的不断诞生,老游戏的玩家数量逐渐减少,我们面临不可避免的退役服务决定。

眼看着曾经深爱的游戏退出历史舞台是一件很艰难的事情,我们完全能理解这个决定带来多大的失望。但从有利的方面来看,它为我们创作更多精彩的游戏体验,腾出更多资源。

我们很高兴有像你们这样忠实于我们品牌和游戏的粉丝,并希望你们从最近或者即将发布的育碧游戏中找到一款能为您带来同样激情的游戏。

即便如此,这些老游戏仍然会保留单机功能,您仍然可以离线享受游戏。

如果您有关于某款游戏或者您账户的问题想要咨询,请随时联系我们的客服团队。

非常感谢您的配合。

育碧客户服务团队

szv3Mqk9BHx7De6.jpg

2 hours ago, m101325_ said:

It will not come back.

Challenge service decommissioned.

——————————————————————

Candy @育碧支持曾写道: 

亲爱的玩家 您好:

感谢您联系 Ubisoft 客户服务团队,

我们从来不会轻易决定停止对育碧老游戏的服务。然而,随着每年新游戏的不断诞生,老游戏的玩家数量逐渐减少,我们面临不可避免的退役服务决定。

眼看着曾经深爱的游戏退出历史舞台是一件很艰难的事情,我们完全能理解这个决定带来多大的失望。但从有利的方面来看,它为我们创作更多精彩的游戏体验,腾出更多资源。

我们很高兴有像你们这样忠实于我们品牌和游戏的粉丝,并希望你们从最近或者即将发布的育碧游戏中找到一款能为您带来同样激情的游戏。

即便如此,这些老游戏仍然会保留单机功能,您仍然可以离线享受游戏。

如果您有关于某款游戏或者您账户的问题想要咨询,请随时联系我们的客服团队。

非常感谢您的配合。

育碧客户服务团队

szv3Mqk9BHx7De6.jpg

What does that say in English?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The MP servers are almost certainly P2P so can't be shutdown but the Challenges were issued by a dedicated source, which was shutdown.

conclusion ?? No more Challenges ??

So I give up and stop searching...

and also stop playing old games from Ubisoft ?!!

2 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

At worst they should at least enable the challenges for a weekend or something. As long as there's a heads up of course. Though I'm positive that's not how this works.

if we're talking about the daily challenges then your idea might be good , but if we are also talking about the weekly challenges I don't know what's gonna happen !! cause some of the weekly challenges take long , so two days aren't enough for all kinds of players

but still it's a very good suggestion !!

"something is better than nothing" !!

Edited by II--KAMAL--II
  • Like 1