Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Platinum is UNOBTAINABLE

Matthew H @ Ubisoft Support

November 27, 2018 5:23 PM

Hello SnuSnu88, Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review. If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Thank you, Ubisoft Customer Support

I poked around the mentioned forums and support sites and cannot find anything regarding Blacklist.   Just sharing what I know.

Edited by SnuSnu88
Formatting
  • Like 4

Hi all

A ubi rep has replied to my forum post with this message;

Hi guys! Thanks for reaching out regarding this issue. I have reached out to the Blacklist team regarding this issue. For reference, can you clarify what platforms you are playing Blacklist on? As of last week when I checked in on this issue, you should have been able to complete these challenges. Our team was also able to complete a challenge last week. We apologize for an confusion and appreciate your patience as we look into this.”

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-weekly-challenges-not-appearing/page3

If you could all visit this link and reply to the post with the required info, then we may get this issue fixed.

Thanks

Edited by stormshadow969
Grammer correction.

1 hour ago, stormshadow969 said:

Hi all

A ubi rep has replied to my forum post with this message;

Hi guys! Thanks for reaching out regarding this issue. I have reached out to the Blacklist team regarding this issue. For reference, can you clarify what platforms you are playing Blacklist on? As of last week when I checked in on this issue, you should have been able to complete these challenges. Our team was also able to complete a challenge last week. We apologize for an confusion and appreciate your patience as we look into this.”

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-weekly-challenges-not-appearing/page3

If you could all visit this link and reply to the post with the required info, then we may get this issue fixed.

Thanks

Awesome, at least one actual living human at Ubisoft seems to look into it ?

Seriously, if they would manage to get it to work again, Ubisoft would become my favorite company for at least some period of time!

@TazDevilz1986

I always check by logging into ShadowNet in the browser.

If the console log of the page says " No daily challenge data found." (and there are no daily challenges visible on the page), its clear that it doesn't work at the moment.

If I recall correctly, its like if on the page there are no challenges, there are also none in the game for sure (other way round need not be true, sometimes there were challenges on the page which didn't show up ingame).

Edited by waldiphil
Answer to TazDevilz1986 added.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

I just tried to get past the age gate on the website and get an error saying "declined". Reset cookies and tried an even older DOB and changed platform and it made no difference. 

Yeah it does that to me sometimes, there doesn’t seem to be a way past it. You just have to keep deleting your browser cache until you get the other page.

11 hours ago, Waddlingdan said:

Any new news from this? From what I can gather the shutdown was unintended from their end.

Nothing so far, they should be well aware by now due to the amount of complaints about this. They just keep saying they’ll let the devs know then thats all we hear about it.

Edited by stormshadow969
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

I think they are fixing the problem these days... I couldn't access the shadow.net in the game for two days now !!

It’s still up on the xbox (not sure about pc) and I can still access the website, but lets hope that this means they are finally getting around to fixing it as been it’s been long enough!.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stormshadow969 said:

It’s still up on the xbox (not sure about pc) and I can still access the website, but lets hope that this means they are finally getting around to fixing it as been it’s been long enough!.

Yeah man please, i hope so as well. If the Xbox version works, than they probably maybe will fix it on the PS3. :)

7 hours ago, Waddlingdan said:

Aye I sure hope so, it’s not normal of them to close it for a game such as Blacklist, certainly not without a heads up anyways.

The challenges are still up for Rayman legends which came out the same time as blacklist and I’d imagine that a lot more people play blacklist than rayman so I doubt that ubi turned them off. I just hope they get them fixed before xmas as otherwise we’ll be waiting another 2 weeks at least.

• Like 1

It’s mainly because ubisoft have said they are now investigating the issue as per their latest forum post,

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-weekly-challenges-not-appearing/page4

If it was no longer available all the support staff would be saying the same thing. They even mentioned in their first forum post that they were able to do a challenge. If they do come out and say that they are not going to do anything about then so be it.

Edited by stormshadow969

Hi all

If you could post on the their forum that would help as it is being monitored and the more people that post on there the better the chance it might get sorted, as when they have been down previously people messaged them and it got sorted.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-weekly-challenges-not-appearing/page5

Thanks