how is this one compared to the first one?

i just subbed for a year of PS+ for the first time, thinking about getting into the occasional multi-player game here and there. are all trophies 100% obtainable? there's two editions on sale the base for $4, and the deluxe for $5. does the deluxe have the DLC trophies or something?

i liked the first one about 3 years ago on PS3. not sure if this one is as good as i hear EA has messed up certain games.

i like shooters, but more so kinds like this without the military attachment some of the more popular ones have. although i'm a bit rusty on them and online gaming in general since i mostly play single player JRPGs these days lol.

It's a little bit different (not that i remember both that good anymore). Controls are basically the same, bigger character roster, new abilities and an interactive hub area.

As for trophies everything should be fully obtainable, and the DLC is free so no need to purchase any deluxe edition.

2 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

It's a little bit different (not that i remember both that good anymore). Controls are basically the same, bigger character roster, new abilities and an interactive hub area.

As for trophies everything should be fully obtainable, and the DLC is free so no need to purchase any deluxe edition.

1 hour ago, redcar200 said:

If you enjoyed the first, I say part 2 is better. It has everything the 1st game has but added single player content. For 5 bucks the game is a steal. Awesome game.

thanks guys, is a second controller required for any of the trophies. briefly went over a guide and it was mentioned in a number of trophies. might get a second controller on christmas, but don't have a second as of now. 

I wasn't in love with the second one. It has a large 'hub' between levels and the character roster is bigger so there are more caveats of gameplay. Most people might think these are a plus, but I found it was a bit too extra. They also added 'story missions' and challenges which take away from the main appeal of the first one as a fun, play when you have ten minutes type of game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

thanks guys, is a second controller required for any of the trophies. briefly went over a guide and it was mentioned in a number of trophies. might get a second controller on christmas, but don't have a second as of now. 

No a 2nd controller is not needed but will help boost some trophies. You could also boost online too. So it will help but not needed. The trophy list is a grindy one, no missable, just play the game in any format to have fun then trophies later.

18 hours ago, n100kater said:

The fist one had more fun maps to play on. 

Game play is a little bit better. 

This one has more to do in the hub world. 

Long story short: it's a fun game if you like the first one this game. (just a update version if you ask me) 

so far its alright, just a little hard to get use to, also not having played a game like this in a long while, and the hub definitely makes things very different and confusing compared to the first being just chosen off the menu.

unless i'm mistaken there is no mini-map, or any kind of map. :/ i cant find most things well enough, not even sure how to progress story at all.

my little brother helped me with some of the trophies, he brought his controller from his room and we played for a few hours and had some fun with what we could figure out lol. we normally don't play games together as i 99% of the time play single player, but i have enjoyed games like this and definitely borderlands series in the past. plan on getting the handsome jack collection someday. 

also not sure how the event system works for getting the DLC trophies or how you even get the tougher ones. found the mystery portal a few times which i get lost finding it every time lol.

one more thing, are the modes you have to do on higher difficulties can you do solo in this game? if so any strategies for them?

also any main preferred characters in this game? doesn't look like you need to spend a great deal with every character like the first game. although you need to get at least one to 50 or something, and get kills with others. 

• 3 weeks later...

think i'll skip on 100%, sounds too much of a pain with what sounds like needing a uber team for the boss hunts, and also the thing i really hate about this game is having to wait for everything for certain dates. some months not having events that nab you trophies, also would have had the platinum quite awhile ago if it wasn't for these ridiculous epic quests that can go long stretches without having one. i think i have 8 completed, i jump in every new update hoping there's an epic quest and today was really disappointed. my plan in my head was to get todays, and saturdays whilst grinding the rest of the kills and laying this game to rest. definitely didn't have as much fun with this one as i did the first one, and oddly, the first one had a load more of multi-player based trophies which i'm far from a fan of in games, but it was simple fun. this one, just want to put the nail in the coffin and be over with it lol. 

• 8 months later...