ChastityFail

Got a phone virus?

12 posts in this topic

Let me start off by saying I’m not blaming the site I love this site <3 

A couple days ago I tried to enter a name that I recently changed because I was curious what would happen, and after I did this the website gave me a page with a bad gateway error 502. After that my phone started consistently getting this same pop up saying dear iPhone user you win amazon card something along these lines. 

I could not click out of it I couldn’t really do anything so I closed safari. I opened it back up and soon I couldn’t go on any page on safari. Because the pop up kept coming back. 

Now your gonna say why are you saying it’s our website? I’m really not tryna blame this website like I said I gawking adore this site but the only other thing I do on this phone is watch YouTube videos Netflix and  Hulu.

Just wanted to bring this to someone’s attention I had to factory reset my phone it got so bad don’t want it to happen to anyone else. 

Edit: Let me add as well YouTube Hulu and Netflix are all on different apps only thing I get on safari for is to update my trophies cuz it’s easier then hopping on a pc. 

Edited by ChastityFail

2 minutes ago, ChastityFail said:

Let me start off by saying I’m not blaming the site I love this site <3 

A couple days ago I tried to enter a name that I recently changed because I was curious what would happen, and after I did this the website gave me a page with a bad gateway error 502. After that my phone started consistently getting this same pop up saying dear iPhone user you win amazon card something along these lines. 

I could not click out of it I couldn’t really do anything so I closed safari. I opened it back up and soon I couldn’t go on any page on safari. Because the pop up kept coming back. 

Now your gonna say why are you saying it’s our website? I’m really not tryna blame this website like I said I gawking adore this site but the only other thing I do on this phone is watch YouTube videos Netflix and  Hulu.

Just wanted to bring this to someone’s attention I had to factory reset my phone it got so bad don’t want it to happen to anyone else. 

yeah that happened to me recently but only with this site and some wikia's

20 minutes ago, jjmello23 said:

yeah that happened to me recently but only with this site and some wikia's

Think it may be an ad or something causing it. Didn’t wanna turn on ad blacker because I wanna support the site. 

Malicious ad scams appearing seemingly at random and in growing frequency (on safe websites that happen to use ads) is a known issue on phones - and it seems to be even more annoying for users with iOS devices that also happen to use Safari. The good news is that it is not a virus and it’s easy to fix, but the bad news is that it’s super persistent and can show up again on various websites that have to rely on ads to deliver free content to their users. Did I mention that how it can crop up on you like a big fat mean spider and then hijack Safari is super annoying?:

ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄ https://duckduckgo.com/?q=amazon+gift+card+pop+up+on+ios&t=osx&ia=web

I had this happen to me when I visited PST for a while. I think it's a malicious ad that's doing it, like stated above. What I would do is press the back button on the bottom of my phone and sometimes that would work, but most of the time I had to close the tab altogether. 

1 hour ago, ChastityFail said:

Think it may be an ad or something causing it. Didn’t wanna turn on ad blacker because I wanna support the site. 

;)

What makes you think its not those other services you use like netflix, hulu, or utube? I would think it be Hulu as its partly linked to Amazon. Nowadays companies like those sell your info. What you watch easily could be easily cookied and pass to online merchs to better ad you.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

1 hour ago, skateak said:

;)

Can’t afford it. Sorry to say. 

Edit: feel I should explain a little bit. So without going to into my personal life I am not physically well. I can not leave the house the money I receive from the government goes mostly toward bills and “some things I want very rarely” 

for instance bills + sewage + water tax + etc you get the idea gives me a small bit left at the end of the check. The rest goes toward medical expenses. My Hulu, Netflix are all paid by my friend who doesn’t mind me using it. 

This leaves me with a tiny bit of money. Which I keep for emergencies. Then you ask how do I have so many games if you investigate my account well, my friend buys games in bulk then if one he has interests me he drops it off. 

So yea personal shit yada yada can’t buy it. 

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Another good way to avoid all those pesky ads is by using an ad blocking extension on your phone/PC. They will hog a small part of the resources on your respective device but will make short work of ads anywhere over the internet, including YouTube.

AdBlock, Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin are some of the ones I would recommend ;) 

Is there one for the iPhone? 

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

What makes you think its not those other services you use like netflix, hulu, or utube? I would think it be Hulu as its partly linked to Amazon. Nowadays companies like those sell your info. What you watch easily could be easily cookied and pass to online merchs to better ad you.

I don’t know what to say too this I mean the apps never given me trouble before. Also the only thing affected was safari. So it had to be something in safari itself. As I have everything redownloaded since I factory reset and if it was one of those things I think it would have instantly gave me the virus again. 

Just a thought. 

Edited by ChastityFail

11 minutes ago, ChastityFail said:

Is there one for the iPhone? 

Hmm, can't really say I know for sure as I have never used an iPhone nor Safari but those I mentioned above may probably have a working version for your device as well. The original Adblock is listed on their website as being available as an extension that can be added to Safari. 

centurylink e-mail has some bad ad's too. i got hit with an attack from a foreign computer but i had norton block it. it was one of those javascript attacks.

it happened today, all i wanted was to check for a newsletter on sony (there was no coupon code this week).

Edited by kingdrake2

I’ve been getting those gift card winner pop ups on this site lately also. Using iPhone and safari 

Edited by dmmx32

44 minutes ago, ChastityFail said:

I feel you man. Lots of respect for you being honest. Who knows, maybe someone will gift it to you. I have been reading a lot of surprise premium statuses lately.