About the online pass

El-Sublime-

I've noticed that the online pass has been removed from the store, so used copies (or those who has the code used) are useless.

BUT, i was thinking... what about if i got both versions? I mean, i think digital copy doesn't need the online pass, right? So, what happens if i have a digital copy installed and then i play with the disk version? Does the online works?

8 hours ago, Vanilla said:

It won’t work I made this same mistake. They’re on the console as separate files for some reason so you’ll need to track down a pass with the disk copy so you can take advantage of the infinite ammo. 

So there is no way to play online with the disk version right now? I think new brand games will have caducated codes.

• Like 1

I don't think an online pass is needed for the physical version if you also have the digital version. Some have said you need the pass to connect to the servers which unlocks the Warthog on the digital version but it unlocked for me without the pass.

• I had the digital versions update on my console but not the game as I deleted it when I got my physical copy (Don't know if this matters)
  • I played the disc without patch using infinite ammo and got the trophy
  • I installed the patch but couldn't connect to the servers, the game sent me to the store and then put the game into an offline state
  • Assuming I couldn't unlock the Warthog, I gave up
  • I just downloaded the digital version and the Warthog is unlocked 
  • I tested on an alt which did not have it

So, you (probably) don't need an online pass if you have both versions, which is lucky because I couldn't find a new copy for less than £20 and I refuse to pay that much. Hope this is helpful to anyone.