Death from above

LethalLuke1993

According to gods gift to gaming SEGA-RYUDO its the easiest trophy in the game ?

There was a nice guide by EdanPrime but he took it down thanks to him.

He said like Hunt4Platinum to upgrade the bombers and use Fjell 652 map. 

Edited by Pandemek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KressinGames said:

Oh man, i don't know if i will be able to get this trophy. I'm so bad with planes... been trying for 2 hours and didn't destroy any stationary weapons. I didn't even got the points to upgrade the bomber.

I'm pretty bad with them too. It took me about 7-8 hours to max my selected plane for each side and in about 9 hours total I think I am at 2 of 5 kills.

Edit:
Finally got it! Doing an Advanced search for Twisted Steel in Conquest mode worked quite well for me, as it's both very easy to level up planes in, and comes right before Fjell 652 on the playlist, which is where you're most likely to get the trophy. Seemed easiest with the 1000kg bombs.

Edited by DKShadow
More info.

20 minutes ago, TNekke said:

That's maybe the game released 3 days ago ?.

That too of course, but it's the 2nd rarest trophy in the game, 2nd only to the one that requires you to put in a lot of time to rank up.

It's not an easy trophy unless you boost it. It can be done quickly if you're lucky though, which some will be of course.

• Like 2

Actually, the Bombers are OP, I think they will be nerfed soon. Today I destroyed 4 Stationary Weapons in a single Match at Arras. That are One Hit Killls and the Spitfires and Messerschmidts can't shot me down, because they are to fast and overtake me. The Bombers are stronger than in BF 1, I think they need a Nerf. But I hope they will not be nerfed.

I do my best results, if my Bombers have 4 Bombs.

5 hours ago, RapiDuS said:

How do you keep track of the manned stationary kills? Which text to look for when bombing? The “fortification destroyed”? 

Stationäre Waffe zerstört. I am from Germany. That could mean 'Stationary Weapon destroyed'

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

13 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

Stationäre Waffe zerstört. I am from Germany. That could mean 'Stationary Weapon destroyed'

Thanks for the info!

I got my first stationary kill yesterday. The difficult part for me is that I have to be lucky enough not to have to play against ace spitfire pilots, who destroy my bomber in a few seconds. Because this is what happens to me 90% of the time.

I only play for a couple of hours each day and I have yet to learn where the stationary guns are located in each map.

1 hour ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

In Arras you can kill yourself at the beginning immedatly and then you have 2 planes ready.

Be patience, it was easy for me because I did fly a lot in BF 1 and BF 5. If you know the map, it will be easier.

And if you will be hunted stand still in the air with the bomber, I can't explain it in english, sorry. Left or right up and no throttle, more backwards, a curve, not straight. Don't run away from the spitfires, they will overtake you if you stand still in the air with the bomber.

Nice, thanks for the tips!

On 11/18/2018 at 10:16 AM, DKShadow said:

I'm pretty bad with them too. It took me about 7-8 hours to max my selected plane for each side and in about 9 hours total I think I am at 2 of 5 kills.

This sounds even worse than I imagined. On top of fighting with your fellow teammates to be a pilot, i'm going to have to spend that much time (probably 10-12 hrs for me because me and flying in BF is like oil and water) to have  best chance at getting a kill while hoping that someone on the other team is on the stationary weapons. What is the most difficult part of this, the flying, aiming or waiting\hoping that someone is at the stationary weapons?

Edited by stitchesnscars

2 hours ago, stitchesnscars said:

What is the most difficult part of this, the flying, aiming or waiting\hoping that someone is at the stationary weapons?

Odds are you'll get fairly decent at flying before you've gotten all the plane upgrades and actually stand a proper chance at doing the trophy. The things that took the most time for me was loading into games and waiting for planes to become available. The thing that takes some luck is whether someone's using the required mounted weapons at all. You could get lucky. You could be unlucky. It's pure RNG once you've got the bombing down.

• Like 1

Fortunately, it does count for anti-tank guns, but it is harder to tell if someone's manning them. However it does not count for vehicles and MG Nests.

My tip is when you are being shot by AA, do not ignore it, simply nose down and fire away at the AA immediately. If your lucky, you'll get a head shot killing the gunner instantly, though upgrading your plane will help.

Edited by Pershing24

15 hours ago, Pershing24 said:

Fortunately, it does count for anti-tank guns, but it is harder to tell if someone's manning them. However it does not count for vehicles and MG Nests.

My tip is when you are being shot by AA, do not ignore it, simply nose down and fire away at the AA immediately. If your lucky, you'll get a head shot killing the gunner instantly, though upgrading your plane will help.

Anti tank guns meaning a soldier holding that old rpg? Like he have to equip it or just the assault class in general will work?

Anyway it will be much easier to boost this. 

1 hour ago, CrazyRap said:

Anti tank guns meaning a soldier holding that old rpg? Like he have to equip it or just the assault class in general will work?

Anyway it will be much easier to boost this. 

No, not assault class RPG Panzerfaust, as they are not stationary weapons. I meant anti-tank guns (or canons), like the German PAK 38 and the British 6 pounder gun.

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 1

iam also having issues with this trophy because of how awfull the plane controls are an dhow small everything looks on the map to start with lol
i found the best way to do this is on arras since spawning in the plane puts u infront of an AA gun... 

i want to know 1 thing though

u must kill the man using the AA or the AA gunitself?

also how do you get the bomb planes?

• Like 1

The main issue I’m having is that over the last 5 hours of trying to get this trophy, I’ve only seen one enemy controlled AA gun, but by the time I’d circled around to line up the bombing run, he’d left it. 

I don’t think the actual trophy is too hard to get otherwise. Bombers are pretty easy to control, and you can easily get to a target before any fighters take you down. But when you’re playing 20-30 full matches without ever seeing anyone using an AA gun, it just becomes a nightmare.

• Like 1