Squishies - First impression

knoef_NL

Hello guys!

As I mentioned yesterday I got a free copy and early acces to the VR game Squishies. I will be writing a trophy guide about the game.
Squishies will release 20-november and will cost around 25 euro. Getting it now will give you a discount of 5 euro!

I wanted to share 2 short videos with you guys, to give you a first impression. They are the first level within the game and would be a tutorial-like level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soraking1991 said:

Looks interesting! Looking forward to hearing/reading your thoughts on the game as a whole, especially going for the platinum! :)

I'm at world 1 - level 6 now. It took me 8 min to clear level 5.  There are a total of 5 worlds and world 1 has 20 levels. So it's really a big game for the 20 euro's.

It is a new feeling to work with both hands to guide the squishies to their destiny. I'll make a topic tomorrow on my thoughts on the game :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 9:43 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

I'm only 10 levels in, so I know that the difficulty is bound to change but I love this game. Zooming the map in and out, in VR, will never cease to trip me out. Calm, cute little 'platformer' game at the moment!

I know I can always count on you for anything VR so now that you've platinumed it what's your take on it?

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I know I can always count on you for anything VR so now that you've platinumed it what's your take on it?

Yeah. The game is neat for the first world, 20 levels. It gets much too frustrating past world 4 IMO, and levels 80-100 were really annoying. Quite long too (15 mins). 

The game is very cute, and I enjoy third person games in VR. The charm and soundtrack are spot on but it over stays it’s welcome and become annoying. There’s luckily no penalty for dying so you can die as much as you’d like, but still cumbersome to get back to the spot you had just died at. 

6 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Yeah. The game is neat for the first world, 20 levels. It gets much too frustrating past world 4 IMO, and levels 80-100 were really annoying. Quite long too (15 mins). 

The game is very cute, and I enjoy third person games in VR. The charm and soundtrack are spot on but it over stays it’s welcome and become annoying. There’s luckily no penalty for dying so you can die as much as you’d like, but still cumbersome to get back to the spot you had just died at. 

That Knoef dude gave the difficulty a 3/10 but I've noticed in the past while following his shit guides that he always rates a bit too low. Your opinion on the difficulty?

Oh, and since I got you here, Chromagun VR: did you get any motion sickness? I don't get motion sickness but I've found comments and videos where dudes that normally don't get it either wound up getting it with that game.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

9 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Oh, and since I got you here, Chromagun VR: did you get any motion sickness?

Nah, no motion sickness, although the only game that has given me *any* kind of motion sickness was Scavengers Odyssey in VR Worlds, even that was just slight. Oh, and Detached with the simulation control settings. That one was fun @Messknecht haha

I'd give Squshies at 4/10 difficulty

9/10 annoying

4-5 / 10 for fun

Edited by MikeCheck--

10 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Nah, no motion sickness, although the only game that has given me *any* kind of motion sickness was Scavengers Odyssey in VR Worlds, even that was just slight. Oh, and Detached with the simulation control settings. That one was fun @Messknecht haha

I'd give Squshies at 4/10 difficulty

9/10 annoying

4-5 / 10 for fun

Thanks for responding. Damn, I was hoping Squishies wouldn't be aggravating. I already bought it months ago and it's the next game up on my list that I'll be playing. 

This game has been one of the most infuriating games I've ever played. I found nothing enjoyable about this game whatsoever. It was damn near nonstop aggravation from start to finish. That shit trophy guide by Knoef estimates the difficulty at 3/10 while the dude above (Mike) gives it a 4. No way in hell is this game that low in difficulty.

To platinum Squishies is at least a 5-7/10. I'm going with 6/10 (was tempted to vote 7).

Edited by MrTacoNinja