Difficult platinums that aren't ultra rares

GMZ

Hey guys, i've seen threads talking about ultra rare trophies or rare trophies so this kind of inspired me to inquire about pretty difficult games that are not ultra rares and what comes in mind games like Spec Ops: The Line or Dead Space 2, i guess also some COD games, because you may think ah this platinum is %6 it shouldn't be that hard but it turns out it's difficult so let's see what you guys know about that topic ☺️

• Like 1

Ico: I still have no idea why people punished themselves to earn this platinum. It is over 6%, but it was way harder than a lot of other URs sitting under 5% such as CoD Back Ops or TLOU. Anyone who's done this legit would agree with me that this is UR difficulty.

Crash Bandicoot 1: Okay, I can understand the second or 3rd game being "rare" as the running shoes make it manageable, but the first one is just awful. High Road and Road to Nowhere was the most frustrating thing I played this year no question. And I mean JUST BEATING THE LEVEL. How does this site  have the game sit at 11%?!? Do that many people use shareplay? I'm not saying that it should be UR, but 1/10 people doing this is just seems way too high, IMO.

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Crash Bandicoot 1: Okay, I can understand the second or 3rd game being "rare" as the running shoes make it manageable, but the first one is just awful. High Road and Road to Nowhere was the most frustrating thing I played this year no question. And I mean JUST BEATING THE LEVEL. How does this site  have the game sit at 11%?!? Do that many people use shareplay? I'm not saying that it should be UR, but 1/10 people doing this is just seems way too high, IMO.

A lot of people had probably already played it on PS1 and gotten used to the platforming, so the plat wasn't so bad because of all the practice they've had. Were you using dpad? Makes it so much easier than analogue imo

Darksiders II PS4 for me. I lost track of how many times I died on that game on Deathinitive, it was definitely somewhere in the hundreds, for combat alone. I was caught off guard because 1 is so easy in comparison. I hear NG+ makes it easier which might explain why it isn't UR (that and, like Crash, people had practice from the PS3 version), but on a first playthrough, almost every single fight was an ordeal. It was a satisfying ordeal though, interested to see how tough they make Darksiders III

Call of Duty World at War. You get through all the grenade spam and you are good to go.

Modern Warfare Remastered. If doing Mile High Club Legit and the Best of the Best trophy.

Titanfall 2 The training course trophy.

As most would say is difficulty is subjective. May not be the same for everyone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Darksiders II PS4 for me. I lost track of how many times I died on that game on Deathinitive, it was definitely somewhere in the hundreds, for combat alone. I was caught off guard because 1 is so easy in comparison. I hear NG+ makes it easier which might explain why it isn't UR (that and, like Crash, people had practice from the PS3 version), but on a first playthrough, almost every single fight was an ordeal. It was a satisfying ordeal though, interested to see how tough they make Darksiders III

I did Darksiders II on Deathinitive on my first playthrough too, and I considered the first half of the game to be way harder than the second. As you rose in level and upgrades, there were lots of little perks like health regen that made everything more manageable by the second half of the game. 

As for my reply: Bloodborne. I know lots of people find it the easiest Soulsborne, but imo the main story is the hardest Soulslike gameplay on its own, AND the Defiled Chalice Dungeons add on to the difficulty so much (whereas other Souls trophy lists are generally only as hard as the game itself). I do kinda consider it one of my proudest platinums, even though somehow it's not rare at all. 

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Were you using dpad? Makes it so much easier than analogue imo

I tried both. Lol. Road to Nowhere made me switch from analogue to dpad though! xD Granted I probably still died 100 times... I played a little of 1 and played through most of 2 and 3 as a kid. I sucked back then, and I think I'm even worse now. Though, platformers have always been hard for me because due to my eyesight. My depth perception is laughably bad. I literally fell though holes in the ground that I thought were shadows on the motorcycle levels in Crash Bandicoot Warped. No joke.

None of my non-ultra rare platinums are "hard" but some of them take a while to platinum. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls comes to mind for a game that takes quite a lot of time to platinum that isn't rare at all. Plenty of these games I hear about that are lengthy that don't have an ultra rare platinum are games that I would say isn't worth it solely for trophies, since Destiny 1 looks like it takes a very long time to do, but the rarity of the platinum doesn't make it worthwhile. I will say there's probably more ultra rare platinums that surprise me that they're ultra rare compared to platinums that aren't ultra rare that should be ultra rare. 

• Like 1

The only game that stands out to me on my list is one I've, unfortunately, complained about a lot...Drakengard 3. Only because of the last boss and if it didn't exist this game is a 3/10 standard hack n slash game. (Personally I think that last boss alone is a 10/10, near impossibility, without external help. Hell just syncing the external video to the game is a 10/10 difficulty for me lmfao.)

The only other game I might consider is mainly because I don't have much experience with the genre. Dead Nation. It sits at 6% on the PS3 but the PS4 and Vita versions are UR. I was surprised by how much fun I had with the game though and that definitely helped me, unlike games like Rise of the Tomb Raider where I don't enjoy features such as Score Attack so I don't really try to attempt it.

Just now, damon8r351 said:

I don't get this. Is this an emoticon? If so, what does it represent? Someone expressing shock, but also has one-half of a Glasgow smile? This bothers me and I need to know.

Don't think too much about it or your brain will overheat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I don't get this. Is this an emoticon? If so, what does it represent? Someone expressing shock, but also has one-half of a Glasgow smile? This bothers me and I need to know.

It is yeah it's something like this ?

• Like 1

I can’t find any hard non ultra platinums on my list, my ultra rares aren’t that hard either. But what is considered hard? Something that takes a little effort, learning some game mechanics, or multiple attempts? That’s not something I consider hard, just trial and error. Getting better at the game. I’ve had many trophies that took many, many attempts but in the end it became easy just because you get better at the game. Hard in my opinion is that it’s at the max of your skill level, even when you mastered the game, it’s still tough to do. To sum up: I don’t know any non ultra rare hard game, and I don’t think there even is one.

1 hour ago, QuentinCle95 said:

As for my reply: Bloodborne. I know lots of people find it the easiest Soulsborne, but imo the main story is the hardest Soulslike gameplay on its own, AND the Defiled Chalice Dungeons add on to the difficulty so much (whereas other Souls trophy lists are generally only as hard as the game itself). I do kinda consider it one of my proudest platinums, even though somehow it's not rare at all. 

Bloodborne is the first game i thought about too. Took several attempts for a boss and the dlc is even worse than the base game ng+ :(  only thx to a coop companion or two i made it through the Cursed Dungeon :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

37 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Yep that's true but i wonder why the ps4 version is not, aren't they exactly the same difficulty ?

I think it would be for 2 reasons:

1. The PS3 version was free with PS+ back in the day.

2. Most people played the PS3 version and those who played the PS4 one were largely the kind of trophy hunters that like stacking platinums.

• Like 1