Difficult platinums that aren't ultra rares

GMZ

44 minutes ago, TheExorzist said:

Well shit... Must have been one of the few idiots then who did it the normal way. Didn't even have the golden guns. lol

I don't have the golden guns either, even though I preordered. But even with the glitch, people will still face difficulty, especially after cutscenes where they're placed in positions that are 99% instant death (namely the ship on the last chapter). You should be proud of having done it legit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rdhight said:

Sound Shapes is one that's a lot harder than the rarity would indicate. Many people got it because of how you can pop multiple lists on one playthrough, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone who completed Death Mode is entirely welcome to those stacks.

Really? I managed to platinum the game in less than a day. Death Mode can get frustrating due to its randomness but you can just take a break and come back to it later. Depending on your luck and speed it is very doable but I can understand why most people wouldn't want to do it more than once.

FFX might not be a difficult platinum but with only 8.72% I can't see many people attempting it due to how super grindy it is. To get Wakka's Sigil for his Celestial Weapon you have to win all the blitzball leagues, meaning you'll have to play many many games of blitzball. The Chocobo races are quite doable but subjective to both skill and luck, especially the one requiring a completion time of 0.00s. Capturing 10 of every enemy in the game, including those super rare Tonberrys and Cacti can take a while, but unlocking and maxing out everyone's sphere grids seem to take forever, especially since you have to do it for like 7 characters. Then there are the Dark Aeons and superbosses. Even with maxed out sphere grids some of them feel almost impossible to beat without spamming great amounts of cash on Yojimbo. No way I'm making perfect sphere grids for 3 characters (Lots of farming in monster arena) just to take on the superbosses in a really long battle when Yojimbo can instant kill them in just one move lol, as long as you are willing to spend millions on him.

Another frustrating platinum is The Firefly Diaries, especially if you are playing on Vita. Even though this game has a surprising completion rate of 10.66% I found it quite challenging in some parts. Particularly when you are navigating the firefly through those mazes where a single mistake means you have to restart the entire stage and play through it again to reach that part, because a trophy requires you to get a perfect run. Then there was the final maze part near the end of the game that was too damn difficult with the Vita controls, since you need both speed and precision to pass through it. Imagine my fury when I finally navigated my way out after more than an hour of trying but then there was another puzzle to go through before reaching the checkpoint and I died1f631.png. The "Are you just Naturally lucky?" trophy was a pain too. The recommended method on the guide is to actually use a video recording software due to how fast it gets near the end, requiring either a superhuman perception or extremely good luck. I somehow lucked out and got the trophy without any external help though. I really am naturally lucky lol1f603.png.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Getting 50,000 kills was a grind, but getting A++ on all required levels and beating the game again in Hard Mode took a lot of persistence. Definitely a trial and error game that was a bit difficult at times. 

Velocity Ultra - The last level (50) was a bitch to perfect. This game also requires mini games to be played for the platinum, a couple of them proved frustrating. 

Crash Bandicoot 1 - A couple levels were difficult to get Gold on the Time Trials. Stormy Ascent DLC took two and a half hours to pull off.

Call of Duty Classic - Until Call of Duty: WWII was released this was the only game to have a health bar and health packs. This in effect made Veteran difficult and frustrating. 

I died somewhere between 550 - 600 times on Veteran. But in the end I enjoyed the game.

Edited by Spaz

Destiny because of flawless raider. I ended up having to get this trophy by two manning the crota raid which even then took several attempts since we had to perfect the exploits. Wish it was easier to find players that are competent enough to do a whole raid without dying at all but that was not the case.

1 hour ago, ex10097 said:

Really? I managed to platinum the game in less than a day. Death Mode can get frustrating due to its randomness but you can just take a break and come back to it later. Depending on your luck and speed it is very doable but I can understand why most people wouldn't want to do it more than once.

FFX might not be a difficult platinum but with only 8.72% I can't see many people attempting it due to how super grindy it is. To get Wakka's Sigil for his Celestial Weapon you have to win all the blitzball leagues, meaning you'll have to play many many games of blitzball. The Chocobo races are quite doable but subjective to both skill and luck, especially the one requiring a completion time of 0.00s. Capturing 10 of every enemy in the game, including those super rare Tonberrys and Cacti can take a while, but unlocking and maxing out everyone's sphere grids seem to take forever, especially since you have to do it for like 7 characters. Then there are the Dark Aeons and superbosses. Even with maxed out sphere grids some of them feel almost impossible to beat without spamming great amounts of cash on Yojimbo. No way I'm making perfect sphere grids for 3 characters (Lots of farming in monster arena) just to take on the superbosses in a really long battle when Yojimbo can instant kill them in just one move lol, as long as you are willing to spend millions on him.

Another frustrating platinum is The Firefly Diaries, especially if you are playing on Vita. Even though this game has a surprising completion rate of 10.66% I found it quite challenging in some parts. Particularly when you are navigating the firefly through those mazes where a single mistake means you have to restart the entire stage and play through it again to reach that part, because a trophy requires you to get a perfect run. Then there was the final maze part near the end of the game that was too damn difficult with the Vita controls, since you need both speed and precision to pass through it. Imagine my fury when I finally navigated my way out after more than an hour of trying but then there was another puzzle to go through before reaching the checkpoint and I died1f631.png. The "Are you just Naturally lucky?" trophy was a pain too. The recommended method on the guide is to actually use a video recording software due to how fast it gets near the end, requiring either a superhuman perception or extremely good luck. I somehow lucked out and got the trophy without any external help though. I really am naturally lucky lol1f603.png.

I would think that ffx would be an ultra rare too due to the large amount of grinding and the fact that you have to dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row for one of the trophies. That one literally took me forever to do.

On 17-11-2018 at 11:27 PM, maiathewinners said:

Probably because it was enjoyable. Bloodborne was one of the few games I grinded for hours non stop, everything in it just works and the sound design and soundtrack gives other feel to it.

The only part I didn't liked was defeating the Old Watch Dog on a defiled chalice, it was just pure luck on the other hand Amygdala really tested your skill and patience (I will never forget when I died and she was 2 hits away to die)

Oh god don't get me started on the Dog, that dungeon was a pain in the ass even if you grinded out you still die in one hit cause of his insane dmg and your hp was cut in half, by far the toughest fight from the game imo, that's why it's very weird to me that such a game has such a high %. 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:27 AM, maiathewinners said:

Probably because it was enjoyable. Bloodborne was one of the few games I grinded for hours non stop, everything in it just works and the sound design and soundtrack gives other feel to it.

The only part I didn't liked was defeating the Old Watch Dog on a defiled chalice, it was just pure luck on the other hand Amygdala really tested your skill and patience (I will never forget when I died and she was 2 hits away to die)

I feel like Defiled Amygdala's difficulty is exaggerated for the sake of complaining about how hard the game is. Even with halved health it can be cheesed very easily (with the starting axe no less lol). I agree with the fire dog tho, had to get a friend to help with that one lol.

Edited by Donkrieg1011

8 hours ago, Donkrieg1011 said:

I feel like Defiled Amygdala's difficulty is exaggerated for the sake of complaining about how hard the game is. Even with halved health it can be cheesed very easily (with the starting axe no less lol). I agree with the fire dog tho, had to get a friend to help with that one lol.

I hired NPCs to help me with the dog. Definitely one of the hardest bosses in the game, Defiled Amygdala wasn't nearly as bad.

The last boss you kill for that gold trophy involving fiddling around with the Chalice Dungeons was a cakewalk.

A couple of the DLC bosses were pretty difficult however.