Anyone plan on getting this?

Warmachine0341

It looks a bit wonky to me. I'm gonna wait for it to be cheaper. Plus THQ Nordic is so hit and miss on whether a game is going to be super glitchy and whether they bother to fix it, so I'll be able to wait it out and see what to expect by the time it's cheaper. edit; plus I still need to play 1 and 2. lol

Edited by Elvick_

Of course I will, When is the question though.

I was lucky to try the game a month "ish" ago through work and all I can say is: "Yeah it aint bad." If you like the previous games you'll like this one most likely

There was some Horrendous design choices that definitely makes the game less fun but It's something you can overcome with a good mindset and play style.

I'm certain most people will struggle hard getting past that "one section of the game where it teaches you how to jump during a fight" because of how bad it is, so brace yourselfs for that one if they haven't made any changes to it.

Still consider Darksiders II being the best one in terms of gameplay and re-playability but in terms of story the first one is probably the best one still. (< personal opinion >)

On a 0-10 scale, I'm about 7/10 on it and a 10/10 I'm getting it down the line. .. If that makes sense.

• Like 2

Pre-ordered digital deluxe edition. I don't think anyone expected this to ever get made after THQ collapsed, but now it really is here and I want to show my support for it. I hope it does well.

Loved Darksiders 1 to pieces and eventually I liked 2 although it was much, much tougher to get into and enjoy than 1 was.

• Like 4

I thought the first game was really good for what it was. Darksiders II still has me torn. On one hand, the gameplay was so much better and the story was fairly more interesting as well. But man, it just tried to do absolutely everything. There were so many rpg elements that just felt tacked on. I think shortening the length two or three hours also would have helped. Loved the difficulty though. 

I'm really just looking for some focus in Darksiders III. I think in this series, less really is more. Give me some exciting and focused combat with a great story. I don't think you need the "open" worlds and loot systems that appeared in sequel. This series has always been such a strange anomaly that I will probably be inclined to pick it up just to see where it goes.

2 hours ago, Warmachine0341 said:

I’ve read a bunch of previews it doesn’t seem to be previewing very well. I’m probably going to hold off for a sale I think this is going to be a dud unfortunately 

Prolly years from now. I still haven't tried the first two yet. 

Gonna get it because I really liked the first two and I'm delighted that a third one got made and hoping very much for a conclusion to the saga eventually.

I'll temper my expectations- yeah, of course I want a good game but this is also NOT a big AAA project, but a "middle-shelf" type of game. I would assume THQ Nordic see it this way too and thus have reasonable expectations for its sales projections.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, rdhight said:

Soulsborne comparisons have been real heavy for this one. If that's true, I'll skip it. If it's not a soulslike, I'll probably play eventually.

I’ve just read through a few previews that included Souls references and Darksiders 3 is not a Souls type game. One mentioned the world design was inspired by From Software and another mentions shrines which are reminiscent of bonfires. These don’t make the game like a Souls game. To me a Souls type game means the core game mechanics are similar to a Souls game. Like when you die you get sent back to the last checkpoint while all enemies respawn and you lose all your level up currency which you can potentially reclaim. Nioh, Lords Of The Fallen, Salt & Sanctuary, The Surge all have these same core gameplay mechanics and can be called Soulslike.

I will get this game at some point as I’ve platted 1 and 2 on both PS3 and PS4 but I won’t be in any rush to get it any time soon.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't own a PS4/Xbox 1 or a good enough PC to run the game, but whenever I get a PS4 or a good PC, I'll get the game. Played 1 & 2 and liked them, and I also want to see what they do with the story of this 3rd Rider of the Apocalypse.

A good thing that can come out of my situation is that the game will be a little cheaper by that time ?

6 hours ago, rdhight said:

Soulsborne comparisons have been real heavy for this one. If that's true, I'll skip it. If it's not a soulslike, I'll probably play eventually.

Soulsborne comparisons mean absolutely nothing anymore because they are way overused by so-called "game journalists" just for clicks.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 3

Will the first one was great i enjoyed it and played it twice on ps3 and ps4

but the second one i did't like it that much cuz of new weapon changing system like other RPG games for me it was boring

hopefully this one return the original Darksiders formula and style the whip gameplay looks interesting 

Edited by dark69knight