Anyone plan on getting this?

Warmachine0341

13 hours ago, Warmachine0341 said:

I’ve read a bunch of previews it doesn’t seem to be previewing very well. I’m probably going to hold off for a sale I think this is going to be a dud unfortunately 

Day one. No reason for me to care about some previews you read about or anyone else's opinion. I am in for however long this epoch lasts. 

• Like 1

I will get it as soon as I can, probably in some sort of January sale. Still haven't picked up RDR2 and I've got Spyro Trilogy etc that I want more so I don't see much point in paying over the odds for something I wont get to for a wee while. 

From what I've seen it looks more Zelda-esque but with the better bits of 2 thrown in. I liked both but being a big Zelda fan the first game was a massive surprise for me, way more than I was expecting it to be. 

Especially with the middle part of the game when you got dropped into that arena and also the ending sequence when something breaks and theres a note of something bigger about to happen with others coming gave a feeling of "Fu*k yeah! I'm pumped for a sequel!" (Trying to be purposefully vague for anyone reading who hasn't played it yet to avoid spoilers). 

TLDR; I'll get it for sure but wait for even a small price drop and when I'm done with more anticipated titles, it will give me more time to do the PS4 remasters as well.

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T

I will definitely be getting it, but I'll probably wait until all the DLC is released and there's a complete edition available (I don't think there's one available right now, is there? I can only find normal and collector's edition - and the collector's comes with loads of other stuff I don't need). Or even a physical disc with a code for the DLC.

If no complete physical edition comes then I'll get the digital version which has DLC included, but I prefer buying physical games where I can.

• Like 1

Developer of this game is some small company that made few simple VR games, so don't expect AAA quality on this one. Plus, they payed IGN well so they advertised game since (how they called) "pre-alpha" public version (seriously?). From all trailers and gameplay out there, I can say that game looks very poor, especially in terms of animation and visual design. Strange that they selling this as full-price game, but its all thoughts...I will wait untill someone of my friends got it or price drop for this game to try it out. Also, THQNordics reputation is ..em..not good, because of their "Ubisoft-EA-wanna-be" things. But nevermind to that, I still upset about darksiders 2 support, so I will not buy anything from them again.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TNekke said:

Whuut ?!? 400$ , what the hell you get for that xD

Comes with a Darksiders tea mat, printed toilet roll and of course a iron on clothes badge which no collectors edition is complete without

In fact, I think by just adding a free iron on badge qualifies the release version as a 'collectors edition'.

But yea, 400, id never pay that, but guess some will

15 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’ve just read through a few previews that included Souls references and Darksiders 3 is not a Souls type game. One mentioned the world design was inspired by From Software and another mentions shrines which are reminiscent of bonfires. These don’t make the game like a Souls game. To me a Souls type game means the core game mechanics are similar to a Souls game. Like when you die you get sent back to the last checkpoint while all enemies respawn and you lose all your level up currency which you can potentially reclaim. Nioh, Lords Of The Fallen, Salt & Sanctuary, The Surge all have these same core gameplay mechanics and can be called Soulslike.

I will get this game at some point as I’ve platted 1 and 2 on both PS3 and PS4 but I won’t be in any rush to get it any time soon.

Not sure about the enemies respawning bit, but in Darksiders III you get souls by killing enemies (and then use them to upgrade at Vulgrim's shop), and if you die you lose all your souls until you get back to where you were and reclaim them.

4 hours ago, Happy said:

Darksiders 2 has killed the series for me personally, that game did not resonate with me at all. I’m still pretty interested in seeing how this new one does financially though.

lol financially.

3 is more like 1 than 2 but let's care more about how much money a game makes than how it plays. It will probably be like more THQ Nordic games. It makes them money but they don't go around promoting the sale figures.

Edited by TJ_Solo

On 11/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, communistwookiee said:

Soulsborne comparisons mean absolutely nothing anymore because they are way overused by so-called "game journalists" just for clicks.

At this point I almost wonder what exactly a 3rd-person hack-and-slash game would have to do to avoid the comparison.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, PostalDudeRus said:

Developer of this game is some small company that made few simple VR games, so don't expect AAA quality on this one. Plus, they payed IGN well so they advertised game since (how they called) "pre-alpha" public version (seriously?). From all trailers and gameplay out there, I can say that game looks very poor, especially in terms of animation and visual design. Strange that they selling this as full-price game, but its all thoughts...I will wait untill someone of my friends got it or price drop for this game to try it out. Also, THQNordics reputation is ..em..not good, because of their "Ubisoft-EA-wanna-be" things. But nevermind to that, I still upset about darksiders 2 support, so I will not buy anything from them again.

Have you even checked some of these facts yourself or is this is just speculation. For starters Gunfire Games was founded by David L. Adams who also founded Vigil Games, the company who created Darksiders I & II. But not only that some of the key members of Vigil Games joined him as well. So essentially this is the core of Vigil Games and I am sure they know how to make a new Darksiders game. Even if they just made a few VR games so far and the Darksiders II remaster it doesn't mean they can't work on a project like that. Secondly THQ Nordic is certainly in a position to finance a project like this but they are still a small publisher. And the claim they are Ubisoft-EA-wanna-bes is another thing. They actually position themselves between these "big" publishers and the indie scene with the focus on remaking or remastering fan favorite classics, like Red Faction of Darksiders. Here is a quote from Reinhard Pollice, the THQ Nordic’s business and product development director that underlines my statement.

"Whenever we acquire stuff, we really see it first from a game perspective. Is this something relevant? Is this something cool? Was it unique when it came out? Does it have a fan base? These sorts of questions are very important to us.”

And another quote from Pollice regarding THQ Nordic’s recent acquisitions.

“It’s the games we loved in the past. We think they should still have a place, and we feel like it’s sometimes such a pity that there is no game like that out there, so whenever there’s an opportunity to get the original, we just grab it instead of creating something new.”

You can read the full interview at IGN.

Ok none of this means that Darksiders III will be an amazing game or a bad game. But I think a little faith is in order. As for the topic I will most likely buy it sometime next year. I still have too many games in my pipeline as of now so there is no more money or time left for new ones.

• Like 2

I am totally getting this! In fact my Apocalyptic Edition is on its way right now! I am so stoked this series is continuing because it is so slept on! I loved Darksiders and Darksiders 2. Darksiders 3, to me so far looks promising, I love the 7 deadly sins storyline. I am trash for anything that has to do with the 7 Deadly Sins. I am so ready so so so ready!!!