How many televisions do you have in your home?

Dreakon13

Poll Question  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How many televisions do you have in your home?

• 5 or more

I'm trying to figure out how to get my gaming mojo going again, and there's no denying that the couch in the living room (where I usually game) is pretty darn uncomfortable.  Well, maybe uncomfortable is harsh... but it's much better for laying down and/or lazily watching a movie or television, than sitting hunched-forward focused for extended periods of time.  The back support just isn't there.  So I'm trying to think how to fix that.  Short of buying another couch.

One idea I had when I originally moved into my house, was dedicate a room to gaming.  Call it a "mini theater" if you will.  A super comfy chair/recliner, a big TV, and my gaming systems.  I usually play solo or online, so there isn't a ton of need for lots of seating.  Like a little gaming pod to fully immerse into the games.  I makeshifted something kinda like that where I lived before and I found myself to be more productive gaming than I have been recently.  So I'm thinking what if I move things around and try something like that, turn my little office into a gaming room.  It'd require me to get another television though.  I've been in the market for a 4K TV anyways, and Black Friday is coming up... so...

The only thing is, I already have a television in the living room.  And one in my bedroom.  I'd like to have one in the basement once I get around to furnishing it.  Now I'm considering adding another television via a "gaming room" to this relatively small space.  That'd be 3-4 televisions when all is said and done.  Seems like a lot.

I'm just here wondering, how many televisions do gamers usually have in their homes?  See how common this first world problem of mine is. xD

EDIT: Granted my situation is a little different, since I'm the only one living here at the moment.  How many televisions does one man need? ?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

There's two of us in my house-- my husband and I-- and three bedrooms plus a living room and den.

We have three TVs: largest in the living room, second largest in my gaming room, smallest in the guest bedroom. I've been contemplating getting a PS4 Pro but all of my TVs are old-ish (newest is probably 10 years old), so I might pick up another TV within the next year or so along with a Pro. The one in the game room would get shifted into the guest bedroom, and the one in the guest would go into our garage (we have some exercise equipment in there... would be fun to watch shows while working out).

If it makes you happy, I'd say go for it. There's nothing wrong with spending your money the way you want so long as it's not preventing you from paying bills or whatever.

Edited by eigen-space

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

One in my office/game room, one in the master bedroom, one in the living room, one in the basement.

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

We have three TVs: largest in the living room, second largest in my gaming room, smallest in the guest bedroom.

I'm getting the impression a "gaming room" isn't the unique idea I thought it was. xD

We have two TVs in our house, one for me and one for my husband in a side-by-side setup as we're both into gaming and like to play at the same time.  

If you want to set up a gaming room with a new TV then I say to go for it, also your back will thank you in the long run with a good gaming chair.  

5 in our home. 

My brother and I have 2 in our room so we can game and watch netflix or tv.

1 in my parents room.

1 in the living room.

1 in the kitchen. My brother won a tv in some weird lottery thing so with nowhere else to put it...that's where it ended up lmfao. It actually worked out as I hooked my ps3's camera up in the window so we can monitor the back of our apartment, and the screen can be seen from our living room.

However, if I lived alone, chances are I'd only have 2. Both in the living room so I can game and watch something at the same time.

I moved house a few times and them emigrated, so at the moment I live alone and so just have one. it's a Toshiba smart 4K 43". I have a monitor which is a 27" on my desk that I used to use for gaming when I stayed in share houses at uni, but haven't used it in ages. 

My parents have 5 tvs in their house; the big sony 65" in the living rooms, a small one on the kitchen wall, a huge movie projector in this big random room they have (don't know what to call it since it's not the living room or dining room, probably like a second living room), one in my brothers room and then another in the games room where all our old consoles are. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...