One of the worse games ever!

Wade_VC

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

10 years ago my best friend bought this game for FULL price, we had fun with it with how bad it was, it was hilarious.

However we brought it back to the store after like an hour.
A couple of months ago I found it for 5 euro in a store and gave it to my friend so we could finally finish this hilariously bad game so he could get it 100%.

It was a great time because it was funny, but definitely a horrible game!

But he finally has it 100%, no regrets.

btw I found out that the company who made this game went bankrupt due to poor sales of this game.

Yeah, saw that one coming xD

• 1 month later...

After sitting in my backlog (see previous post in this thread)  for 6+ years, I finally have a reason to play this. Probably won't finish it, but I did get thru the second level today. It's obviously not too difficult, if I'm able to finish a level on the highest difficulty setting...

The biggest problem I see is that it does nothing well. Level design is hard to follow and not very defined on what path you need to follow. Enemies either stand still counting the birds in the tree or are dead-eye shots...but the trophies count for the challenge I'm working on so I just put my big boy pants on and am going to town...

Edited by PSXtreme_
Engrish... I'm new at it

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
41 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

Having seen so many players considered it the worst game they've ever played, now i'm seriously curious about this game. But i found it too rare to buy one copy nowdays.

If you have PS Now and solid internet you can stream this game on there for you or anyone else looking to try it but not looking to pay the price for a hardcopy.

1 hour ago, TheDXJC56 said:

If you have PS Now and solid internet you can stream this game on there for you or anyone else looking to try it but not looking to pay the price for a hardcopy.

Thanks for the info but sadly now i live in a poorinternet region. I've been looking for a copy on Ebay it's almost 60 dollars. But like you said, it's not worthy.

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

I kinda want to play this garbage. Seeing someone link an actual achievement guide from achievement hunter in the other thread has made me feel old. It's a shame physical copies are like 40 dollars now. 

Damn it's that expensive in US, recently picked it up here in UK for £1.99, had the urge to play a bad game lol. But as usual it got put on the shelf and forgotten about. 

On 19/11/2021 at 3:49 PM, LegendExeter said:

This literally makes no sense at all.

It does, for a bad game the expectations are low so no matter what your expectations are fulfilled. That's how i see it. Most bad games I've played I've actually enjoyed, and a lot more than average or even supposedly good games. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It does, for a bad game the expectations are low so no matter what your expectations are fulfilled. That's how i see it. Most bad games I've played I've actually enjoyed, and a lot more than average or even supposedly good games. 

true, its kind of a mindset, if i dont expect anything i can only be surprised in a positive way. far worse are so called AAA games that doesnt even fit your worst expectations

• Like 1

I played and got the platinum on this recently and yes it's pretty bad but also has some game saving features like being able to revive your partner from anywhere otherwise this would have been really annoying.

Also if you plan on the platinum, since 2 players is forced anyway i'd highly recommend having someone else play through the game with you, it makes this game so much easier even on insane difficulty and a lot less frustrating, oh and player 2 can still earn trophies for you so even better.

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

That's completely subjective though based on reviews or opinions.  A game can't be either bad or good until the individual that is going to play it does so.

Perhaps it should have been rephrased as "considered bad games" or "unpopular" rather than bad.

I get the overall point here, games that are given ratings often underperform or outperform from a user's opinions, which completely makes sense as we all have different opinions and are going to feel differently about different games.

I thought Pain a really tough game, somewhat unpopular, was fantastic, yet Cuphead considered a great game...I think is shit, not just bad, shit.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:34 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Damn it's that expensive in US, recently picked it up here in UK for £1.99, had the urge to play a bad game lol. But as usual it got put on the shelf and forgotten about. 

To be fair, that's for a new copy. I am sure I could get it disc only for cheap, but I don't like used games. They get kinda gross sometimes

On 10/12/2022 at 5:23 AM, enaysoft said:

Why do people keep resurrecting old threads? I mean this one is 11 years old...

Still it's interesting that in 2022, we now have

One of the worse games ever!

getting released on a daily basis.

I was looking at gameplay footage of Evil West, which made me look up Dark Watch, which made the almighty algorithm give me a vid on Damnation. Came here to see what the trophies were like. 

• 2 months later...
On 2022-10-12 at 6:01 AM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I played and got the platinum on this recently and yes it's pretty bad but also has some game saving features like being able to revive your partner from anywhere otherwise this would have been really annoying.

Also if you plan on the platinum, since 2 players is forced anyway i'd highly recommend having someone else play through the game with you, it makes this game so much easier even on insane difficulty and a lot less frustrating, oh and player 2 can still earn trophies for you so even better.

Do you know if it’s possible to do local LAN for coop? I don’t fancy 20 hours of split screen.

13 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Do you know if it’s possible to do local LAN for coop? I don’t fancy 20 hours of split screen.

I'm not sure as i didn't think or look for this, all i know the online is down.

Yeah playing through the story on split screen isn't fun (especially if you play it on your own) but 2 real players is a must for this game unless you like being frustrated and stuck in sections.

• 3 months later...

Found a copy of this game for fairly cheap, so decided to pick it up after hearing how bad everyone's experiences with it seemed to be. 

It's a terrible game. Yet, there is worse out there. 

This game is the perfect example of a great idea followed by terrible execution. 

This makes the Battleship video game (PS3 & XBox) look like a AAA title. 

Edited by z99f