One of the worse games ever!

Wade_VC

I sure am glad that there is a thread about this subject, because I have a lot to say about this game.

I remember back in high school when I first heard about this game from The Escapist Magazine video Unskippable (link to the video below) where I learned of the game's premise and thought it was a great idea. I mean steampunk civil war with cowboys on motorcycles, that sounds great! However, I had never seen this game on sale for years until I visited a thrift shop last year that had it. I picked it up and had to try it and oh boy, not what I expected at all.

This is a prime example where the concept is great, but the development and execution of this game are terrible. It's like Blue Omega Entertainment (never heard of this studio) wanted to make a Gear of War/ Uncharted game, without knowing what made those games great in the first place, resulting in an unpolished/unresponsive game, it feels like it hasn't been play-tested at all. The graphics are weak, the story is very predictable and slow-paced, even thou it only has 5 levels they are way too big for their own good. And worst of all are the characters and their dialogues, the script for this game feels like it was written by a 13-year-old boy and wasn't revised. I have to make a dishonorable mention to Commander Selina for the cringiest dialogues I have ever heard in a video game, it's as bad as nails on a chalkboard.

I don't think this game falls in the category of "It's so bad it's good" but at least the platinum is relatedly easy. However do not torture your friends in the co-op mode, just play by yourself with two controllers as it makes the game much easier. The Seer Vision allows you to revive your partners when you look at them, regardless of how far they are from you. You have to use this export if you want to beat the game on Co-op and insane difficulty on the same playthrough. Believe me, you do not want to replay this game again and just get rid of it as soon as possible, preferably in the garbage bin.

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 1