I'm very Selective...

SelectiveGamer

Yes I know. Terrible pun based off of my name. But it was the best I could come up with. ?

I kind of already said this in my first status update but hi. I'm new here. As you can see my username is SelectiveGamer. Honestly... I don't like it. I may change it if I eventually decide to get premium on here but I'll deal with it for the time being. It basically just means that I'm very selective and/or picky about the kind of games I play, get, and buy. Although there have been games I've gotten because I saw them and they looked interesting, I watched them on YouTube, or someone persuaded/convinced me to get them.

I'm one year away from being 30 (so 29) and I've been searching for a paralegal job for so long I've honestly lost count at this point. Pretty sure I've been looking for somewhere around 3+ years now. I have 3 Associates Degrees from 3 colleges (long story) and right now I have a part time basically it's a call center job until I find a paralegal job (if that ever happens). Of course now there's rumors going around at my work that the area I work at is closing. So I'll have to starting looking for another job soon-ish if it's true even though my supervisor tried to assure me they aren't closing (why do they do that seriously? It has the exact opposite effect and is just them saying 'we're closing but I'm going to try to assure you that we aren't when we actually are').

That aside I'm a fan of a lot of things. Video games obviously or I wouldn't be here. lol. My all time favorite series are Final Fantasy, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and Digimon. But I like other things too like Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, Yo Kai Watch, and whole bunch of others series that would take me too long to list all of them. So you'll have to view my PSN Profile if you want a complete list of stuff I've played/beaten (yes I'm lazy) ?

The game systems I currently own are a PlayStation 4 (again obviously), Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo Switch. I also still have some older systems like a PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo GameCube. I still have most of those older systems out too in case I ever feel like replaying something. But I certainly don't play them often, if at all. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them because I'd probably regret it if I wanted to replay something on that system. ?

Currently I have the largest gaming backlog I've actually ever had. Which is honestly a good thing because if I ever find myself in a situation where I have no new games to play I end up having to force myself to replay something and I don't like forcing myself to do anything because then I'm not having fun so why am I doing it? But then I'm sitting around and doing nothing which I also don't like so it's really a no-win situation. Of course I don't have to worry about that right now with the number of games I still need to get to and play. I seem to be about a year+ behind on games. For example... I've still yet to play Pokemon Ultra Sun (even though I'm not really a fan of Gen 7) ?

Anyway, it if it wasn't obvious from my PSN Profile page (which I'm sure it is) right now I'm playing .hack//G.U. Last Recode. I've actually played entire .hack series but I stupidly got rid of all of them so when I saw the G.U. series was getting a remaster/remake/whatever I got it. I was worried about the difficulty though but apparently the difficulty was SEVERELY nerfed for Last Recode which is probably a good thing for my sanity. I hate playing difficult games. Yet I've beaten things like Persona 3 FES 'The Answer', Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Crash N. Sane Trilogy (even got all the gems for all the games. Don't ask me how. It was mostly A LOT of persistency and not giving up) ?

Regardless I'm to Volume 3 right now so I'm almost to NEW CONTENT. VOLUME 4. SO HYPED. ?

Anyway I've also recently been messing around with Share Play and Broadcasting. I got Share Play to work with me as the host and someone else as the host and now I want to try out broadcasting but I need some things for it first. Even though the Playstation Discord I'm on said I need AMAZING speeds for it but I got Share Play to work so I kind of just want to ignore them and try it out anyway. If it really is that bad someone can just tell me I guess. Besides I haven't uploaded anything to my YouTube channel for almost 2+ years now (another long story) I'll try to let you guys know when I try it out I suppose.

I'm also a HUGE fan of anime. I mostly watch anime english dubbed though. I have watched a couple of things subbed though. I just don't like to have to do that. I'd say what animes I like but this intro is starting to get to long and too wordy now. I watch the ones on Toonami and other ones too. That's vague though. If you want more information on animes I'm watching/have watched/want to watch I can post a link to my MyAnimeList I guess if you want it? Not here though I don't know if posting links to other sites is allowed.

But it's not like I don't watch other things or cartoons because I still watch that too. Just not as many as I used. More than I did a couple years ago though. Mostly stuff like DuckTales (new one), Star vs the Forces of Evil, and The Lion Guard. That might be it actually. There's one I used to watch though that I now hate with a passion though. So... yeah... you might be able to figure it out. ?  The only other things I really watch is WWE (Raw and SmackDown), Tosh.0, South Park, BattleBots and Ghost Adventures.

So yeah I think that's it finally. Sorry for the way-to-long intro and wordiness I just wanted to be a proper introduction I guess? If you have any questions ask and I'll answer I suppose. Or ask me via PM/Discord/whatever method you choose if mods don't want this intro thread to become even longer. lol.

Okay I'm done I promise. Maybe. ?

• Like 4

Nice intro and welcome! @SelectiveGamer :)

I've been tempted to give Yo Kai Watch a shot for a while now :) Might take a look over the Christmas week. Cool that you like anime, i'm just getting into it really, I made a start on Bleach, finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a month or so ago too. Last show I finished watching was Season 1 of One Punch Man, loved it!.

Anyway, catch you on the forums and feel free to come say hi in the Chat room, it can sometimes be a little quiet, but there's usually some good conversations from time to time :)

Welcome, I enjoyed reading your introduction. Don't give up on being a paralegal though. I know from experience that a lot of jobs you get/don't get isn't about being the most qualified or most deserving of the job. Sometimes, it's simply who you know. I've experienced this first hand. On both ends, where I've been offered a job due to a relative/friend or where the interviewer already had someone in mind but wasted my time anyways. 

If you have any business cards of any people who work for those companies, send them an email and ask if you can get lunch with them sometime to learn more about their job and what they do. You'll be surprised what that would do for you. (Though, don't beg them for a job!)

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice intro and welcome! @SelectiveGamer :)

I've been tempted to give Yo Kai Watch a shot for a while now :) Might take a look over the Christmas week. Cool that you like anime, i'm just getting into it really, I made a start on Bleach, finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a month or so ago too. Last show I finished watching was Season 1 of One Punch Man, loved it!.

Anyway, catch you on the forums and feel free to come say hi in the Chat room, it can sometimes be a little quiet, but there's usually some good conversations from time to time :)

Yeah Yo Kai Watch is pretty good. It's pretty much what would happen if Persona and Pokemon performed a video game fusion. ☺️

I've also watched Bleach and One Punch Man but not a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist series. Sorry? ?

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome, I enjoyed reading your introduction. Don't give up on being a paralegal though. I know from experience that a lot of jobs you get/don't get isn't about being the most qualified or most deserving of the job. Sometimes, it's simply who you know. I've experienced this first hand. On both ends, where I've been offered a job due to a relative/friend or where the interviewer already had someone in mind but wasted my time anyways. 

If you have any business cards of any people who work for those companies, send them an email and ask if you can get lunch with them sometime to learn more about their job and what they do. You'll be surprised what that would do for you. (Though, don't beg them for a job!)

Yeah I'll keep trying and thanks for the suggestion/advice.

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Welcome, I saw you are playing .Hack//G.U. I hope you enjoy it! I love the universe of .Hack and really enjoyed this new Hack//G.U, the platinum journey is also very fun.

Thanks. My plan is to try to do the Broadcast thing with it. One as a 'test' and then maybe a longer one where I do The Forest of Pain. ?

I'm not doing it to 100% though. Doing that for games, most of the time, is too tedious for me. I'm satisfied with just doing optional stuff. ?

38 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Thanks. My plan is to try to do the Broadcast thing with it. One as a 'test' and then maybe a longer one where I do The Forest of Pain. 1f613.png

I'm not doing it to 100% though. Doing that for games, most of the time, is too tedious for me. I'm satisfied with just doing optional stuff. 1f605.png

You must do it! with .Hack and Persona 5 to me the experience was much better with the platinum in mind than just for do some things here and there, I highly recommend you go for the platinum (: but if no, in any case, enjoy the story!

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

You must do it! with .Hack and Persona 5 to me the experience was much better with the platinum in mind than just for do some things here and there, I highly recommend you go for the platinum (: but if no, in any case, enjoy the story!

Sorry it's too little too late I'm already to Volume 3 and, as I said, doing 100% is too tedious and difficult for me. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, greetings. Happy to have you around :) My apologies for the late welcome. Just noticed your thread here. Got to say this is one of the most detailed and complete introductions I have ever read not only on this site but on the whole Internet. Perfectly written too, congrats ?

On 18/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I still have most of those older systems out too in case I ever feel like replaying something. But I certainly don't play them often, if at all. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them because I'd probably regret it if I wanted to replay something on that system. 1f62c.png

That's me as well. I also keep all of my older systems even if I don't play them that often. I like to collect for them but there is always that thought in the background telling you that you shouldn't get rid of them in case one of those sudden urges of playing an old classic there comes again xD

I'd say having a huge backlog is both a blessing and a curse. On one side you have those completion numbers there constantly telling that you still have stuff pending to do, that would be the curse. On the other side, you have this immediate, ready access to be able to play any game you have accumulated there over time up to the point that you can have the liberty of what to pick if you have a lot there, that would be the blessing. 1f62c.png

I am an anime fan as well, not sure how huge though. I'd classify myself as a casual otaku. Sometimes I dive deep into it and sometimes I can spend days without watching anything at all. Depends on my mood and time availability mostly. I do like to collect figurines and manga and also have a profound passion for, well, judging by my profile, you can probably tell. I watch a little bit of everything but I enjoy mostly series with moe elements in them, as well as a good dose of drama and comedy. That's not to say I don't enjoy some psychological, deep anime every now and then. You can check my "About Me" section on my profile if you want to know more about that.

Anyways, to keep this greeting short as well. I enjoyed reading your introduction. Don't worry about being selective, that only means you are very careful about the kind of games you want to play and enjoy, there is nothing wrong with that. As for the community here, I hope you enjoy your time here and get to know better some of the interesting people that make a presence here.

See ya! ;)

On 11/29/2018 at 2:24 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Hello, greetings. Happy to have you around :) My apologies for the late welcome. Just noticed your thread here. Got to say this is one of the most detailed and complete introductions I have ever read not only on this site but on the whole Internet. Perfectly written too, congrats 1f44d.png

That's me as well. I also keep all of my older systems even if I don't play them that often. I like to collect for them but there is always that thought in the background telling you that you shouldn't get rid of them in case one of those sudden urges of playing an old classic there comes again xD

I'd say having a huge backlog is both a blessing and a curse. On one side you have those completion numbers there constantly telling that you still have stuff pending to do, that would be the curse. On the other side, you have this immediate, ready access to be able to play any game you have accumulated there over time up to the point that you can have the liberty of what to pick if you have a lot there, that would be the blessing. 1f62c.png

I am an anime fan as well, not sure how huge though. I'd classify myself as a casual otaku. Sometimes I dive deep into it and sometimes I can spend days without watching anything at all. Depends on my mood and time availability mostly. I do like to collect figurines and manga and also have a profound passion for, well, judging by my profile, you can probably tell. I watch a little bit of everything but I enjoy mostly series with moe elements in them, as well as a good dose of drama and comedy. That's not to say I don't enjoy some psychological, deep anime every now and then. You can check my "About Me" section on my profile if you want to know more about that.

Anyways, to keep this greeting short as well. I enjoyed reading your introduction. Don't worry about being selective, that only means you are very careful about the kind of games you want to play and enjoy, there is nothing wrong with that. As for the community here, I hope you enjoy your time here and get to know better some of the interesting people that make a presence here.

See ya! ;)

Thanks I'll try.

My backlog seems to be around a year behind in games. Which may mean I won't be playing stuff like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or Kingdom Hearts 3 until possibly 2020. ?

But what can you do... ?

• Like 1

Welcome!! Yeah picking a gamer tag is hard work!! Its for life!!! at least with SONY. Luckily I think the name change is in the making. What might you rename to if eventually?

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Welcome!! Yeah picking a gamer tag is hard work!! Its for life!!! at least with SONY. Luckily I think the name change is in the making. What might you rename to if eventually?

I've heard of that and I've also heard it makes you lose all saves which I don't want at all.

So unless that is fixed I deal with what I have. ☹️