[SPOILER ALERT] Guarma (re)visited

EpicThunderRain

I've managed to glitch myself back to Guarma as John Marston without cheat codes because I needed those Guarma animals. So if you're a RDR2 completionist like I, who wants to discover everything in the compendium, and if you've missed those animals on Guarma during your initial playthrough, there's still hope.

Here's a how to (Remember to turn off auto save and to make a manual before attempting any of this in case something goes wrong. Don't use cheats - it disables trophies and saving):

1. Glitch yourself into Mexico (How to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDfYDakKYWo )

2. Afterwards, glitch yourself into Guarma (How to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R8EvXF7OMs )

3. Find all 8 (9) animals - the Green Turtle doesn't seem to count in the compendium, but you're able to study and track it. (Animal location video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemxWdKBvIA)

4. Go back to the mainland by getting shot by the invisible omnipresent sniper and then saving and reloading that save. I'm not entirely sure on how to get back to the mainland, but that was what I did and it worked for me.

I'm awfully sorry at the terrible state of my English abilities, as for the English language is not my mother tongue. Please forgive me for every foolish mistake I make. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my utmost in trying to answer them comprehensively. 

//Audioholic

Edited by EpicThunderRain
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

People who earned the trophy have already confirmed that animals that are only in Guarma aren't required for the trophy. Unless you like seeing Guarma post-game there's no reason to do this. But I commend you for showing people how to do it, as you had good intentions in mind when you made this thread. 

22 minutes ago, Sergen said:

People who earned the trophy have already confirmed that animals that are only in Guarma aren't required for the trophy. Unless you like seeing Guarma post-game there's no reason to do this. But I commend you for showing people how to do it, as you had good intentions in mind when you made this thread. 

Thank you for your comment Sergen

I'm well aware that the animals aren't required for the trophies as I've gotten them myself. But as a RDR2 completionist I'm going for 100% completion in the compendium also besides 100% gameplay and all that and that's what this topic is for. For people who wants to go for all the 551 things you can discover in this game. Hope you understand.

• Like 2

On 19/11/2018 at 9:20 PM, EpicThunderRain said:

Thank you for your comment Sergen

I'm well aware that the animals aren't required for the trophies as I've gotten them myself. But as a RDR2 completionist I'm going for 100% completion in the compendium also besides 100% gameplay and all that and that's what this topic is for. For people who wants to go for all the 551 things you can discover in this game. Hope you understand.

I would like seeing the compendium at 100% also however i believe some are missable. Jim Boy Calloways gun for instance (if that is included int the compendium), i forgot to pick it up

I want to 100% the compendium as well. I was careful to make sure I got the Guarma animals, missable missions, and all the missable weapons. Even jumped in to GTA online today for the first time in two years to get the gold double action and the stone hatchet. However, I'm afraid I may be stuck with less than 100% on the O'Driscoll gang since it appears they disband once you get in the epilogue and I am one gang camp (not hideout) short for them ?

11 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I would like seeing the compendium at 100% also however i believe some are missable. Jim Boy Calloways gun for instance (if that is included int the compendium), i forgot to pick it up

Yeah I missed the Rare Rolling Block Rifle, but I was able to discover it through mission replay hence adding it to the compendium. :)

7 hours ago, simpjkee said:

I want to 100% the compendium as well. I was careful to make sure I got the Guarma animals, missable missions, and all the missable weapons. Even jumped in to GTA online today for the first time in two years to get the gold double action and the stone hatchet. However, I'm afraid I may be stuck with less than 100% on the O'Driscoll gang since it appears they disband once you get in the epilogue and I am one gang camp (not hideout) short for them 1f612.png

Oh that is unfortunate. There are really a lot of missable things in RDR2 compared to the other games by Rockstar such as GTA 5, RDR1 etc. :-/