Why do people hate this game so much?

Sicho

3 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I played 3 times through Bioshock 2 and not once I encountered a bug or was disconnected or was asked to buy in-game shit with real money.

and I also got the most expensive power armor paint in the store and I think 3 or 4 emotes without paying a penny. How? cause I played the game and completed challenges. Show me one multiplayer PVE game on the scale of 76 that hasnt had bugs or accidental disconnects at least once. take your time ill wait.

Only bug I encountered was my camp was put into my storage and I had to reset it. and out of the entire time I played, I have only been disconnected twice.

4 hours ago, Sicho said:

Let me start by saying that I'm a bit of a Fallout Fanboy and I'd say even a Bethesda fan since I like almost everything they put out as a developer and a publisher, so I may be a bit biased.

But I simply cannot comprehend the amount of literal hate this game gets!

Sure, those that expected a full-on Fallout 5 will be disappointed. Sure, those that expected a "real" survival game may be disappointed - because it is neither one of those. Sure, the game has issues and some of these problems are stupid, well-known bugs and yes, it's ridiculous that we encounter the same issues in so many different Bethesda RPGs for years and years. Also yes, I get that the game might not look like what a lot of people expect in 2018.

But still ... downvoting it to under 3 points on metacritic? Destroying it in every gaming forum available? It's pathetic, I would even say childish and I can't shake the feeling that a lot of "kids" are simply jumping on the bandwagon without even playing the game. (or maybe it is because it needs to have Battle Royale to be considered good nowadays haha 1f62c.png ) I also have the feeling that it is mainly the "f2p" Crowd that's hating this game.

I'm having fun with it. Granted, I'm not a reference for fun nor do I think that just because I have fun, "everyone" must have fun. But there is fun to be had with this game if you take it for what it is - a coop RPG! Not a survival game, not a "classic" Fallout singleplayer experience, not a storytelling game... it's a multiplayer game. It's online, it's on servers, it has other players in it, it has "typical" MMO-like quests and events ... things one had to expect as soon as they said "Online", no?

Of course, it has neither the complexity nor the ambitions of a singleplayer Fallout ... it's a spin-off. But I think that's not something to hold against the game, it shouldn't even be compared to Fallout 3, NV and 4, it should be judged on its own merits. You don't compare the MMO Elder Scrolls Online with Skyrim even though they are in the same universe and share a lot of similar gameplay aspects... they are still fundamentally different games and genres!

And there's good stuff in Fallout 76! The base building is so much better than in Fallout 4 for example. Granted, if you don't like building bases (and many didn't like it in FO4) this does nothing for you.... but why buy the game then, since that is one of its main focusses? Or start hating it and bashing the game everywhere? Just move on...

I don't want to sound like the Bethesda Defense Force but it pains me (because it might hurt the future of the game and I want it to be around for a long time) to see it getting downvoted and bashed to oblivion (not the Elder Scrolls ;) ) because I have so much fun with it: I build a really cool base, I like exploring the Wasteland (for me the "main thing" about any Bethesda RPG for me is just going in a direction and find stuff and locations), I even like the storyline so far, I like cosplaying in the game and trying on different outfits and "emoting" in front of others, I like that I can finally show my bases to other players, I like that I can coop quests with friends, I like the soundtrack and the world they build (finally colorful trees!) and I like the gameplay mechanics of the events and workshops etc.

Yes, I have encountered frustrating bugs! One of my quests is currently not progressing due to a trigger issue and I had multiple crashes! They could have done better, of course! There are many technical issues with it... but the game is still fun! It could be better but it's still a good time.. not excellent but still good! It's not the catastrophe "everyone" says it is. But I have the feeling for a long time now that in "gaming", there are only extremes... a game is either a masterpiece or a piece of shit, there doesn't seem to be room for "okay" or "solid" or other moderate ratings of games anymore ...

I personally am confident that Bethesda will make this game even more enjoyable over time. I base this on my experience with Elder Scrolls Online... really didn't like it in the beginning but it has come a long way since then, a ton of updates and patches and it is such a great game now IMO. And I really hope that Fallout 76 gets the same treatment and tons of free content and expansions in the future... but I'm very afraid that "the public" doesn't give this game the chance it deserves and Bethesda might give up on it early ... :( Even though its even one of the rare games that does Microtransactions right (purely cosmetic and tons of currency earnable in-game)

What do you think? Are you one of the few that actually like the game?

I read the first paragraph and I realized that I read enough, dude. Please learn to put your feelings for this franchise and Bethesda, and know that you deserve better than this, ask them to be better! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I read the first paragraph and I realized that I read enough, dude. Please learn to put your feelings for this franchise and Bethesda, and know that you deserve better than this, ask them to be better! 

Without playing this game or any of their games telling them be better comes off as more of a dumb meme or annoying platitude.

Edited by TJ_Solo

36 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

but it for sure deserves the vast majority of the criticism it's getting, especially for an AAA game

listen, I'm not against criticism, especially not if it's constructive.

But the topic at hand is not criticism, it's hate and bashing and influencing others with hyperbolic videos and paroles etc.

24 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Good one, my man, almost got me there, wew. Boy, good thing I realized you were joking because I almost went blind when I read this.

I'm a big fan of Mass Effect and I never finished Andromeda, so I get it that the game isn't as good as the previous ones and that it isn't without issues.

But it's still not a bad game.

I think most people don't know bad games anymore .... try Superman 64 or Black Tiger or Ride to Hell: Retribution or Stalin vs Martians... those are bad games ... ME Andromeda is aweosme in comparison! (and I'm still planning on replaying and finishing it some day)

Edited by Sicho

3 minutes ago, Sicho said:

listen, I'm not against criticism, especially not if it's constructive.

But the topic at hand is not criticism, it's hate and bashing and influencing others with hyperbolic videos and paroles etc.

Except the vast majority of videos on the subject outright point out the various flaws people have every right to be angry about. Yeah, there are people who just get into it just to argue or hate on a game because it's what the mob mentality brings, but overall things need to be said to Bethesda and their faults need to be brought up and ironed out. It's just that F76 was the straw that broke the camel's back by not only deviating too much but bringing an enormous amount of technical problems to the table and people simply don't feel they got their money's worth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

There certainly are franchises that are designed for mobile, but Diablo is a franchise that was built on PC and consoles. This game was not developed with the existing fanbase in mind, but rather the lucrative Chinese market. Fans of the franchise are entitled to be angry about this because without the fans you wouldn't get new instalments of Diablo or any game for that matter.

I'm not a Diablo player, but I am a Rainbow Six Siege player, so I can completely understand the sentiment. Ubisoft plans on censoring Siege in order to enter the Chinese market. If it wasn't for the support from the community, Siege would not be where it is today. Ubisoft would have abandoned it just like Blizzard would have abandoned Diablo if it didn't garner enough of a following. But I suppose we should just jump up and down and clap our hands for anything that game studios do with the franchises we love and support because we're not entitled to criticize them. 

It started on PC. And? That is, at best, a boring and limited view of gaming. There are no rules stating that where a game originates is where said games absolutely must stay. You added consoles but I recall when D3 was announced for consoles many players doubted how well it would play with the limited buttons on a controller and lack of seasons but it's a great game, even on console. 

Stuff gets censored going into China. That's another simple fact that has been in placed for decades. Lots of countries have different rules in regard to content. It's not a developer or publishers fault.  Unless you're in China buying censored Chinese games then you don't have an argument or a reason to actually care. Most fake outrage from spoiled kids.

Well nothing you stated is worth criticizing and changes nothing. Diablo Immortal is still coming out. Empty criticism only increases your post count. Games will continue to be censored in China. Your misplaced rage against Ubisoft won't change the Chinese government.

When you have criticism try and make it about something that can actually be changed. Otherwise your criticisms sound like the hateful ramblings of an entitled child.

Edited by TJ_Solo

2 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I'm a big fan of Mass Effect and I never finished Andromeda, so I get it that the game isn't as good as the previous ones and that it isn't without issues.

But it's still not a bad game.

I think most people don't know bad games anymore .... try Superman 64 or Black Tiger or Ride to Hell: Retribution or Stalin vs Martians... those are bad games ... ME Andromeda is aweosme in comparison! (and I'm still planning on replaying and finishing it some day)

It's 2018 and Fallout 76 looks like complete garbage compared to Spider-man,God Of War and Red Dead Redemption 2.Bethesda and their old outdated engine needs to go away.

13 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

and I also got the most expensive power armor paint in the store and I think 3 or 4 emotes without paying a penny. How? cause I played the game and completed challenges. Show me one multiplayer PVE game on the scale of 76 that hasnt had bugs or accidental disconnects at least once. take your time ill wait.

Only bug I encountered was my camp was put into my storage and I had to reset it. and out of the entire time I played, I have only been disconnected twice.

I have no idea how do you quantify "scale". I've played plenty of bug-free multiplayer games: Ragnarok Online and many other MMOs, Diablo 2 and other hack&slashes, MonHuns and other PSO clones, Destiny, X-Com by email even, and many more.

15 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I have no idea how do you quantify "scale". I've played plenty of bug-free multiplayer games: Ragnarok Online and many other MMOs, Diablo 2 and other hack&slashes, MonHuns and other PSO clones, Destiny, X-Com by email even, and many more.

were all those bug free at release with no disconnects? not needing a single patch? I doubt it

45 minutes ago, Sicho said:

yeah but ME Andromeda wasn't shit and Fallout 76 isn't shit.

People have to understand that some games are always going to be rough around the edges and not always be like God of War 2018 or RDR2. If we only allow "top titles" to succeed, we will end up in a "Hollywood" situation, where only the slickest of blockbusters are made anymore because everything else is too much of a risk.

There needs to be room for mediocrity. As I said in the OP, if there is only "great" and "shit" as measurements, it's an unhealthy environment.

Also, the fact that people start to bash and hate instead of just saying "don't want it" is worrying.

The 3D Fallout aren't shooters ffs! And especially not FPS since they can be played in Third-Person ...

So  barebones at everything and master of none situation?  Yeah you have an option to  use third person, like in GTA for the current gen, but how does that change the  atrocious gameplay?   The third person setting isn't even set  as good as say in GTA  or even the Mafia games, where your camera is too close to the character,  what is this game even trying to be? Shooter  with dynamic  person view,  mild rpg  elements and some survival  thrown together? And most importantly, why  butcher  some important factors like the shooting or the rpg mechanics  in favor of others? It cannot work online where in the first place you can't even use mods  to make the journey more passable,  so really why play this and not something more fun and rewarding like say Borderlands? You may disagree, but the core aspects of the game, at least to a casual gamer is the rpg and shooting elements, hell even this site agrees and just adds open world  and sandbox which  just means huge  setting, who could be hollow or not,  and if you fail on both fronts, then yeah, a backlash has to come, not because some people like to see something fail, but because by having standards, game developers are forced (if majority) to also have them  and aim for greater heights  everytime.

I do hope that Bethesda will try again the coop mode, maybe in Fallout 5 as a possibility made the same way  as in Borderlands when  more players equals tougher enemies to balance things  out, but first they need to make the gameplay more palateable  for the audience.

9 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I have no problem with there being a mobile Diablo game, like I said in one of my previous posts, it's reveal was severely mishandled. 

You also seem to be uninformed about Siege. There will not be an alternate version of the game created for Chinese markets. That means Siege will be censored worldwide, so yes, I do have a reason to care. I couldn't care less if it was limited to China. Maybe take a little more time to be informed before jumping to conclusions. 

As I said, it was just Blizz taking the success of a mobile game and announcing more mobile games to people with mobile devices.

The reveal was nothing more than them announcing a game that many will play.

There was nothing wrong with the reveal on Blizz's side. The issue is from the fake outrage of gamers and ensuing hate bandwagon of the internet.

Jumping to conclusions? I can admit to not being fully informed about Seige. I don't see why I need to be since it was your comment. Maybe you should have explained it better instead of treating it as common knowledge. I'll see your jumping to conclusions comment and raise you with; Be less reactionary. 

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

Which is another one of these examples where I think the hate is just tooooooo much!

I feel for the gfans that paid for a Blizzcon ticket expecting a huge new Diablo reveal but all the others? I mean if you don't like a Diablo mobile spin-off, just don't play it and move on. You want to play Diablo on PC? There is already Diablo 3 with virtually unlimited content. A new PC Diablo doesn't really make sense yet.. .what would be different from D3 besides maybe a bit better graphics and a new story which quite frankly "no one" gives a damn about in the Diablo games since it's about leveling up characters and loot and not about story? A D4 makes sense in 2025 or so ...

It's a bit of a tangent but so many franchises have mobile spin-offs, why can't Diablo have one? And why does "everyone" has to respond to it with spitting venom?

There's a thing called time and place though, announcing that at a convention filled with mainly PC gamers was about as bad as it can get. They had originally planned to announce diablo 4 there as well, but pulled out at the last minute.

These people pay a lot of good money to go there to find out about the next big blizzard announcement for their PCs, I would be extremely mad too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sicho said:

This kind of BS from what they call Influencers nowadays is part of the problem. I can cut together a clip of Red Dead Redemption 2 errors and issues and make it sound like it's the worst game in the world.

People just don't form their own opinions by playing a game anymore... they just eat what the media feeds them.

But your problem is that you are a fanboy, and whatever bad is said about your beloved company, you will still see it as an assault. This video is basically 100% of my and my best friends experience from PC. As a matter of fact, I dare you, no, I double dare you do cut together those RDR 2 errors. Because I know how this video would look like. Comparing this piece of shit Fallout game to RDR is like shooting in your foot with a shorty. Not smart.

2 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:
I am really enjoying it. I see the hate as being a bandwagon just cause it's different. I see youtubers that just bash it but when something in 76 is even hinted at, they post about it. gotta get them views I guess.
I pre-ordered it, played the beta and yes it has issues but it's not the worst game ever. It's something new and most likely the last Fallout we are getting until next gen. Well boycotting the game is a great way to tell Bethesda we don't want another one and then that's it, you killed it. I for one am gonna be pissed if I lose another game series I love just cause people don't wanna be open to new experiences. 
I am not a Bethesda fanatic, far from it in fact. When you're a fan of something, you wanna see it succeed and grow and thus you support it. It's like a marriage, you can't just be there and support it when it's good and ignore it when it's bad and then expect to be accepted to all the fun things later while you pretend you were there from the start. Trust me, I know, I am also a Green Lantern fan and I hated that live-action movie but I gritted my teeth and supported it cause that's what a true fan does, you stick by it thick and thin. I like Fallout 76. Ia it the best Fallout? no, but is it the steaming pile of crap people make it out to be? no.
By boycotting 76 and telling people not to buy it your killing the franchise and ensuring it doesn't see another release. Take a look at Andromeda, that game was set up for 3 titles and DLC and it all was shit canned for stuff exactly like this. Stuff I was actually looking forward to. So sorry if I seem a little salty or whatever, it's that this crap screwed me out of one series with big plans and I was quiet last time, I will not let Fallout go down without a fight.

While I agree and definitely don't want Fallout to go the way of Mass Effect Andromeda (which I really enjoyed), I'm not paying for something I'm not keen on just to hopefully get another game down the track.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Enough said.

This is unfair. All the bugs are from the beta, so that doesn't really count.

Btw I loved Fallout 3 but part 4 already didn't do it for me so I will avoid 76. Such a shame to see this franchise in such a poor condition. But well, at least it's entertaining to watch.