Why do people hate this game so much?

Sicho

52 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You said that you wanted Fallout 2 and new, better people making the engine.

They have been using the same engine just as along as anyone the uses Unreal and the ID engine have been going. These game engines are not akin to a pair of socks. They get updated, edited, and redesign. Their current engine has been redesigned so much that they decided to give it a new name.

I miss the time when people would constantly blame netcode for online issues. The issues in FO76 can't be all attributed to the game engine. As such, can't be fixed my simply changing engines.

I said I just wanted a game similar to Fallout 2 In terms of Story,Characters and dialogue but with Fallout 4 gameplay and engine done better."Their current engine has been redesigned so much" really? Because what I seen so far Is just Fallout 4 Multiplayer mod gone wrong (pretty much sums up the game).Until I see a "real" Upgrade/Update from them and not the same crap from Fallout 4 I won't buy any of their games.Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, look how much that franchise evolved. That's what I call a upgrade.

• Like 1

I don't know what you want has to do with the experiment FO76 is. Maybe your issues will make more sense when you wage them against Fallout 5.

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, look how much that franchise evolved.

Bethesda isn't CDPR or Rockstar.  You might want to have proper expectations. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spider-Beyond said:

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, look how much that franchise evolved. That's what I call a upgrade.

There's a whole console generation between them. That's not the case for FO4 and FO76. You have to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and 76! And still, the engine evolved: when FO4 came out, the engine wasn't even capable of Multiplayer AT ALL, now it is with Fallout 76.

Just compare the gens:

Morrowind:

maxresdefault.jpg

Oblivion:

maxresdefault.jpg

Skyrim:

ZRBAHaN.jpg?1

You cannot seriously say that it doesn't evolve.

If we stay with Fallout:

Fallout 3

Play-Fallout-3-Step-7.jpg

Fallout 4

s4-78090b961b40e06b9955fd73af11a88a.jpg

Fallout 76

fallout-76-factions-revealed-including-t

I hope you are able to spot the evolution :P

Also there is a reason why only no-one is making the kinda open-world RPGs with a fuckton of intractable objects like Bethesda is doing with Elder Scrolls and Fallout: because only their engine is built specifically for that task! Others who tried failed miserably (the Piranha Byte Games or Two Worlds f.ex.). The open-world RPGs that are awesome like f.ex. Witcher 3 are much more limited when it comes to freedom and object placement than the Bethesda games - and that's because of Bethesda's engine.

And yeah, the engine definitely has issues.. or better: parts of the engine have issues. But it's constantly evolving and they are working on it non-stop for years now. I'm pretty sure we will see some exciting stuff in the next-gen even with the Creation engine. I mean this gen alone they included so much graphical stuff over the course of the years (lightning especially) and multiplayer and other features that the engine hadn't when Oblivion or Fallout 3 came out, they surely got a lot "in petto" for the next generation of games. And hopefully will get rid of some legacy issues as well.

Edited by Sicho
typos
  • Like 1

the drastically price drop is a sign that even Bethesda noticed there is a problem out there. So they are desperate to make many sells before ppl realize the game was, probably launched too early.

Another sign is the reviews...example Metacritic

Really that low? oh gosh ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sicho said:

There's a whole console generation between them. That's not the case for FO4 and FO76. You have to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and 76! And still, the engine evolved: when FO4 came out, the engine wasn't even capable of Multiplayer AT ALL, now it is with Fallout 76.

Just compare the gens:

Morrowind:

maxresdefault.jpg

Oblivion:

maxresdefault.jpg

Skyrim:

ZRBAHaN.jpg?1

You cannot seriously say that it doesn't evolve.

If we stay with Fallout:

Fallout 3

Play-Fallout-3-Step-7.jpg

Fallout 4

s4-78090b961b40e06b9955fd73af11a88a.jpg

Fallout 76

fallout-76-factions-revealed-including-t

I hope you are able to spot the evolution :P

Also there is a reason why only no-one is making the kinda open-world RPGs with a fuckton of intractable objects like Bethesda is doing with Elder Scrolls and Fallout: because only their engine is built specifically for that task! Others who tried failed miserably (the Piranha Byte Games or Two Worlds f.ex.). The open-world RPGs that are awesome like f.ex. Witcher 3 are much more limited when it comes to freedom and object placement than the Bethesda games - and that's because of Bethesda's engine.

And yeah, the engine definitely has issues.. or better: parts of the engine have issues. But it's constantly evolving and they are working on it non-stop for years now. I'm pretty sure we will see some exciting stuff in the next-gen even with the Creation engine. I mean this gen alone they included so much graphical stuff over the course of the years (lightning especially) and multiplayer and other features that the engine hadn't when Oblivion or Fallout 3 came out, they surely got a lot "in petto" for the next generation of games. And hopefully will get rid of some legacy issues as well.

I see no evolution from Fallout 4 to 76. All I see Is slightly better lightning. In short Fallout 4.5.I used Red Dead Redemption as a example of what they should be doing. If Elder Scrolls VI or Fallout 5 comes I want those games to do just like Red Dead Redemption 2 and be a completely different game compared to the previous title.Sure Red Dead Redemptions first title came a long time ago. It's how much Rockstar games evolved with their previous title and how far they come with the sequel, and how completely different It Is.Bethesda didn't try with Fallout 76 and It shows with the reused assets from Fallout 4 and such which Is a shame.I was hoping for something better but oh well.

You have a point on the older games. We both can agree at least the engine has Issues and It needs to be sorted out.

Edited by Spider-Beyond
  • Like 1

I see no evolution. All I see Is slightly better lightning. In short Fallout 4.5.

He said to compare the changes between the generations of games. So that would mean FO3 to FO76. The childish use of ".5" as jab at sequels would matter if FO76 was a sequel and not a spin-off of FO4 using the same assets/systems.  FO76 is not what RDR2 is to RDR1. 

You're tactics are old. You're intellectually dishonesty and willful ignorance make you intent clear. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't know what you want has to do with the experiment FO76 is. Maybe your issues will make more sense when you wage them against Fallout 5.

Bethesda isn't CDPR or Rockstar.  You might want to have proper expectations. 

"Maybe your issues will make more sense when you wage them against Fallout 5".If they keep doing what they are doing, there won't be a Fallout 5. If Fallout 76 sells well In the end, we will get the same problems over and over.

"Bethesda isn't CDPR or Rockstar.  You might want to have proper expectations".I expect high quality from every other company after all It's 2018 and everyone has stepped up their game.I am not paying 20 dollars or more for Fallout 76......hell no!

3 minutes ago, Spider-Beyond said:

"Maybe your issues will make more sense when you wage them against Fallout 5".If they keep doing what they are doing, there won't be a Fallout 5. If Fallout 76 sells well In the end, we will get the same problems over and over.

"Bethesda isn't CDPR or Rockstar.  You might want to have proper expectations".I expect high quality from every other company after all It's 2018 and everyone has stepped up their game.I am not paying 20 dollars or more for Fallout 76......hell no!

Kid, you are carrying on like Bethesda is at level PS2 of gaming while everyone else is at current gen. Which is just not accurate at all.

I expect high quality from every other company after all It's 2018 

Another troll trope. The year has little to nothing to do with output or quality.  NIS isn't suddenly going make a game that rivals The Witcher 3 in size, quality, or scope. 

Bethesda isn't going to completely change their core styles or shortcomings because whatever year it may be.

everyone has stepped up their game

Not you. You can't even explain yourself in normal words without cowering behind memes, platitudes, vague generalizations.  

Edited by TJ_Solo

10 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Another troll trope. The year has little to nothing to do with output or quality.  NIS isn't suddenly going make a game that rivals The Witcher 3 in size, quality, or scope. 

Bethesda isn't going to completely change their core styles or shortcomings because whatever year it may be.

Not you. You can't even explain yourself in normal words without cowering behind memes, platitudes, vague generalizations.  

Sorry for expecting and wanting something better.Yes we all were asking Bethesda to make a Multiplayer only Fallout amirite? last time I checked people either wanted both singleplayer and multiplayer or some sort of coop In singleplayer.You do understand right? Wouldn't you agree that Fallout 76 could have at least Improved a bit more from Fallout 4? Yes I am aware It's a spin off and when I was talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 I was talking about how much has changed and pretty much Improved In general, It felt like a completely different game.Why can't Fallout 76 at least Improve and be complete different compared to Fallout 4? 

17 minutes ago, Spider-Beyond said:

Sorry for expecting and wanting something better.Yes we all were asking Bethesda to make a Multiplayer only Fallout amirite? last time I checked people either wanted both singleplayer and multiplayer or some sort of coop In singleplayer.You do understand right? Wouldn't you agree that Fallout 76 could have at least Improved a bit more from Fallout 4? Yes I am aware It's a spin off and when I was talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 I was talking about how much has changed and pretty much Improved In general, It felt like a completely different game.Why can't Fallout 76 at least Improve and be complete different compared to Fallout 4? 

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 are on the same console generation. The hardware dint change.

Red 1 and Red 2 are on 2 differents console generation. With more power you can "improve" your game in general.

Edited by Nieird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nieird said:

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 are on the same console generation. The hardware dint change.

Red 1 and Red 2 are on 2 differents console generation. With more power you can "improve" your game in general.

Why couldn't they at least make something completely different and better Instead of reusing Fallout 4 assets? my main Issue Is nothing has changed and the same Issues from Fallout 4 are still there.Fallout 4 came out 2015 right? Fallout 76 feels like Fallout 4.5 Multiplayer mod.

I am aware of Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 being on different consoles. I just expected something new and different just like how Red Dead Redemption 2 feels like a new completely game compared to Red Dead Redemption. 

4 minutes ago, Spider-Beyond said:

Why couldn't they at least make something completely different and better Instead of reusing Fallout 4 assets? my main Issue Is nothing has changed and the same Issues from Fallout 4 are still there.Fallout 4 came out 2015 right? Fallout 76 feels like Fallout 4.5 Multiplayer mod.

I am aware of Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 being on different consoles. I just expected something new and different just like how Red Dead Redemption 2 feels like a new completely game compared to Red Dead Redemption. 

I dint play any Fallout or Red Dead Redemption. But there's 8 years between both red dead game and 3 years between Fallout 4 and Fallout 76. Those 5 extra years (assuming they did start when the first one came out) provide enough times to change the experience.

As for why you find Fallout 76 to be a Fallout 4.5 multiplayer mod I have no idea, because there's post earlier in this topic that claim this game dint feel like a Fallout experience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

Guys, i got some great news! You guys are going to love this ?.

Apperently Bethesda is being sued because of how poor of a game Fallout 76 is and the fact that there is no refund policy for it. 

By the power of yes: YES!

No, excuse me, last week i read the news about them issuing refunds.

EDIT: nevermind, apparently the news was about people asking for refunds, not Bethesda actually refunding them. *grabs popcorn*

Edited by Lance_87

8 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

Guys, i got some great news! You guys are going to love this ?.

Apperently Bethesda is being sued because of how poor of a game Fallout 76 is and the fact that there is no refund policy for it. 

By the power of yes: YES!

Try reading the articles better. 

No lawsuit is taking place yet.

• Like 1

So, plenty of hate in this thread (and some B-sharpish meta conversation). Is there anyone who likes this game, and if so, what do you like about it? The Angry review looks bad, but is clearly motivated by pointing out the worst features.

Is there anyone who is trying to play this as an SP game, and enjoys the experience?

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, plenty of hate in this thread (and some B-sharpish meta conversation). Is there anyone who likes this game, and if so, what do you like about it? The Angry review looks bad, but is clearly motivated by pointing out the worst features.

Is there anyone who is trying to play this as an SP game, and enjoys the experience?

It's because Bethesda is a big company with a triple A budget. There should be no excuses for bringing out a game that is at the state at wich is at. Actually the last time i remember a game was this bad at release with a Triple a budget was assassins creed unity, it was so bad at release that ubisoft gave everyone who bought the game a free game and if you bought the season pass aswell they gave you 2 games. What did they do after that? They released syndicate and it was relatively dull and inspireless, they then took a year off and actually did something NEW and tweaked the engine aswell at the same time! What did Bethesda do with Fallout76 that is praiseworthy? Tell me one thing that would make this purchase of 65€ valid, i'm just asking for one thing.

What y'all people that are defending this blindly wont understand is;

We LOVE Bethesda, but the way they brought this game is disrespectfull and they should be ashamed of theirselfs of releasing this bugged out mess.

By not buying this are you giving a message that they should wake up and  actually (hopefully) take a year or two to make an actually decent game that is worthy of a Triple A game. By buying this, you're nothing more then a sheep that will eat whatever shit Bethesda is releasing. Now i'm done with this topic, all of y'all that play and defend this more power to you. 

But i'd prefer playing something more meaningfull (unless i'm being a statpadder ?) and actually worth my money.

Like what the fuck, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE IMMERSION IN THIS GAME FOR GODS SAKE!

I swear the first big dlc will bring out npcs and every bethesda fanboy/girl will scream; See Bethesda does care! 

/end rant

• Like 4

Because it's pointless, empty, dull and runs like ass. 15-20 fps on regular PS4, I couldn't finish one of the quests because the game was crashing three times in a row. How somebody can even defend this shit is mindblowing. I liked Aliens Colonial Marines but I fully understand that it's garbage, I'm not asking "why are you hating" and don't mention bandwagon and other bullshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

i enjoy the game. The map is big enough that I've spent a few hours and barely gone anywhere due to all the locations in a small area. I like the holotapes, the voice acting seems good. The enemy variations are cool. There are things I wish could be better, like the shooting being more fluid (not Destiny level but ya know) but Fallout 4 made shooting a lot better compared to Fallout 3/NV.

I've played on a launch day PS4 and now a PS4 Pro, they run pretty much the same. 

It doesn't run flawlessly, but does any game not have bugs? Witcher 3 crashed a lot for me, the new Spiderman has crashed a handfull of times. 

Sometimes I play Fallout 76 with my fiance, sometimes I don't. I haven't had any griefers trying to kill me and actually haven't done any PvP. 

Edited by Daemynz
  • Like 1

Played this over the weekend on a friend's Xbone while I was house-sitting for him.

He thinks it's "okay" and I dare say that's because he bought it digitally and can't return it.

I sadly found it to be complete garbage. I love Fallout. I love survival games. This was barely passable as either.

If you enjoy it, more power to you, I just could not ever bring myself to support this myself right now. "What game doesn't have bugs?"- few I'd imagine but this goes a good bit beyond that. I couldn't believe what I was seeing- constant pop in, disappearing enemies, disconnects etc. It's utterly inexcusable.

But nah wait what must be wrong with me, is it that "I can't wrap my head around it", "I was expecting it to be something it isn't" (yeah a good game) or am I just a "bandwagoner"? It doesn't matter, the game is utter pish though I hope for the brand's sake they work at making it better.

5 hours ago, Spider-Beyond said:

I used Red Dead Redemption as a example of what they should be doing. If Elder Scrolls VI or Fallout 5 comes I want those games to do just like Red Dead Redemption 2 and be a completely different game compared to the previous title.

what are you drinking? RDR2 isn't a completely different game at all to RDR1! Hell, even the map of RDR1 is in RDR2! :D And RDR 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time, but saying that 2 is a different game than 1 is nonsense. RDR1 is a different game than Red Dead Revolver, that would be a true statement. But not RDR2 vs. RDR1. It's the same gameplay, same style, same quest structure (that most R* games have btw) and even a lot of the characters from RDR1 are starring in RDR2.

Also, I don't want an Elder Scrolls 6 or a Fallout 5 to be a "completely different game compared to the previous title"!!! I want Elder Scrolls 6 to be just one thing: MORE Elder Scrolls! And Fallout 5 just needs to be MORE Fallout! I want these games because I like the way they are, not because I want something different. If I want something different, I buy another game, but if I buy Elder Scrolls I want it to be fucking Elder Scrolls!

The only series I'm OK with having huge changes on a regular basis is Zelda... and even the Zelda games have a "DNA" that's always present and makes a Zelda game a Zelda game... even the spin-offs!

3 hours ago, Spider-Beyond said:

I don't get why it's a bad thing that it "feels like a mod / add-on / whatever". GTA Vice City felt like a mod to GTA 3 too... but no one was complaining about that, am I right? Because it meant: more GTA to enjoy!

Also, they used the time since Fallout 4 to ... drumroll ... WORK ON THEIR ENGINE!! Wow, now you are surprised, right? Because besides lightning and other graphical features, they implemented - amongst other things - Multiplayer capabilities and VR Support! But yeah, they are lazy, doing nothing, the engine doesn't evolve and blah blah ... lol

Have yet to see another VR game in the scale of Sykrim or Fallout 4 ...

EDIT: does anyone know why I get these numbers in the quotes all the time?

Edited by Sicho

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

what are you drinking? RDR2 isn't a completely different game at all to RDR1! Hell, even the map of RDR1 is in RDR2! :D And RDR 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time, but saying that 2 is a different game than 1 is nonsense. RDR1 is a different game than Red Dead Revolver, that would be a true statement. But not RDR2 vs. RDR1. It's the same gameplay, same style, same quest structure (that most R* games have btw) and even a lot of the characters from RDR1 are starring in RDR2.

Mostly Water, thanks for asking. Well after playing It,I was suprised how Impressive the gameplay was compared to RDR1 and how different It was.Took some time to get used to the new controls, but overall I like the realistic gameplay along with movement/animations very Impressive how far they come.Sure at It's core It's RDR of course, but It Improved, and that's all I ask for.Feel free to agree or disagree.

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

I don't get why it's a bad thing that it "feels like a mod / add-on / whatever". GTA Vice City felt like a mod to GTA 3 too... but no one was complaining about that, am I right? Because it meant: more GTA to enjoy!

Also, they used the time since Fallout 4 to ... drumroll ... WORK ON THEIR ENGINE!! Wow, now you are surprised, right? 

It wasn't a bad thing as long as It was good.If Fallout 76 had Human NPCs with good quest and a great story with or without other players, but also Improved the Issues from Fallout 4.I would welcome the game and support It.