Gaberdude

Done with the Trilogy

19 posts in this topic

I was also very happy with trilogy,

Toys for bob did a fantastic job with spyro, I only encountered 1 glitch and that glitch actually helped me get an orb.

The games were always short anyway, so nothing new there.

Just now, Tarsier182 said:

Toys for bob did a fantastic job with spyro, I only encountered 1 glitch and that glitch actually helped me get an orb.

Yeah, the only bad glitches I had was one that made the Twin Dragons invincible and another that didn't give me the trophy for killing the vultures with the cannons. Resetting the game both times fixed it, so no complaints here.

2 minutes ago, Gaberdude said:

Yeah, the only bad glitches I had was one that made the Twin Dragons invincible and another that didn't give me the trophy for killing the vultures with the cannons. Resetting the game both times fixed it, so no complaints here.

My glitch was one of the thieves in mystic marsh got stuck on a power up, so easy kill for me,

I did have to redo the dracklets orb to get the trophy to pop.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, Tarsier182 said:

A glitch helped me as well. There was an egg thief you have to use super charge to keep up with on a ramp. But if you managed to jump over him at a certain point, he falls off the ramp and gets stuck in a cliffside. Easy kill. 

As a newcomer to Spyro series and a fan of collect-a-ton games, it saddens me to say I didn't enjoy my spent time with purple dragon as much as you. This was hard for me to believe, especially because last year I had spent a very good time with Ty The Tasmanian Tiger on Steam and Yooka-Laylee, despite being objectively worse games.

I was constantly finding new aspects of the game which annoyed me, especially the camera which was so close to Spyro I wasn't able to see enemies nearby, or enemies in general, which bumped the difficulty of the game considerably - you can't just steamroll through every enemy and you don't have a true long range attack like in similiar titles. Probably a lot of people like it, but me, not so much. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of Insomniac-style games (I don't like Ratchet as a character, and it's clearly visible that Spyro has the same facial expression and similiar death animations as Ratchet). But to be fair - big point for Sparx "showing way to nearest gem" ability, which saves a lot of time for those with lower patience.

I don't wanna say aloud that no newcomer will enjoy our dragon's adventure, but if you consider buying SRT, be vary that childhood can't be reverted so easily.

Edited by sashamence

Coming from someone that didn't play spyro as a child I have to say i've enjoyed them more than most newer games! (Apart from Spyro 3)

8 minutes ago, Itachirulz1 said:

Coming from someone that didn't play spyro as a child I have to say i've enjoyed them more than most newer games! (Apart from Spyro 3)

What did you find off-putting about Spyro 3?

I really did enjoyed replaying the Trilogy in glurious HD, as I loved the PS1 original trilogy, however I feel that the third game felt rushed to me as it still was fun to play for the most part but it's flaws are definitely more notifiable which kind of ruined my experience a little... 

Absolutely enjoyed every second of all three games. Number one has always been my favourite, so I enjoyed that a little extra. And yeah, bugs... I don't know how I feel about them. From one perspective, it's of course a bit annoying. From another perspective, I've experienced the same bugs as I did back in the days, so that makes it even more nostalgic (and better?) in some kind of peculiar way. :hmm:

I suppose, inevitably, I became tired of the trilogy by the time I hit the third. I did like that it changed things up now and again with new characters, but I did the bare minimum to get the platinum and didn't bother doing everything in 3.

Very happy I bought it and had a great time overall, but steaming through all three, pretty much in a row, wasn't the best way to experience them I guess. 

2 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

didn't bother doing everything in 3.

That's what I'm doing lol. 3 is by the far the weakest imo, so I'm glad you don't need all the eggs, since I suck at skateboarding. 2 is my favorite, though I wish it didnt have swimming levels. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, Tarsier182 said:

What did you find off-putting about Spyro 3?

Well for me, I didn't like the additional characters (aside from Sheila), especially Sgt. Bird as the camera gets trapped in the ceiling/wall when flying around. Don't like swimming either or the minilevels, but ah well. I'm just glad I beat all 3 for once, since I never managed that as a kid. 

7 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

That's what I'm doing lol. 3 is by the far the weakest imo, so I'm glad you don't need all the eggs, since I suck at skateboarding. 2 is my favorite, though I wish it didnt have swimming levels. 

Well for me, I didn't like the additional characters (aside from Sheila), especially Sgt. Bird as the camera gets trapped in the ceiling/wall when flying around. Don't like swimming either or the minilevels, but ah well. I'm just glad I beat all 3 for once, since I never managed that as a kid. 

I found the skateboarding fun, and all the characters. I just got a bit bored by then and wanted to play something different. I do feel like I missed out large parts of 3, which is a shame, and almost wish getting everything was needed for the plat. I'd just have to take a long break before attempting it. 

6 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

almost wish getting everything was needed for the plat. I'd just have to take a long break before attempting it. 

I get it, because it'd be nice to have 100% for all three games, but after watching gameplay of the super bonus world, I gotta say it'd be a tough venture, but worth it. I doubt I'll ever go for everything though, but I'll probably do another playthrough of Spyro 1 and 2 for the fun of it (especially since Spyro 2 gives permanent super fire on subsequent playthroughs). 

15 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

I get it, because it'd be nice to have 100% for all three games, but after watching gameplay of the super bonus world, I gotta say it'd be a tough venture, but worth it. I doubt I'll ever go for everything though, but I'll probably do another playthrough of Spyro 1 and 2 for the fun of it (especially since Spyro 2 gives permanent super fire on subsequent playthroughs). 

I went for 117% in Spyro 3 and almost gave up during the super bonus round due to a yeti teleporting in front of me on the finish line. How could you possibly want to miss out on the additional bugs the developers have in store for you? :D

Edited by Karlsson89

8 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

I went for 117% in Spyro 3 and almost gave up during the super bonus round due to a yeti teleporting in front of me on the finish line. How could you possibly want to miss out on the additional bugs the developers have in store for you? :D

lol I have enough bugs with the clipping issues on Sgt. Bird's levels. Hell, the twin dragon trophy is going to be a bitch for me to do :( 

it's a really good remake, the third game need some patching though.

even after platinum I'm still playing it, I platted all three games on all the multiple accounts on my ps4 and now i return back playing them again on my main account.

28 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

lol I have enough bugs with the clipping issues on Sgt. Bird's levels. Hell, the twin dragon trophy is going to be a bitch for me to do :( 

Ah, the twin dragons. Yes, they were delightful. Especially for someone like me who had struggled with the flight controls and camera all through the trilogy. I'm actually surprised to see that so many people got the trophy.

Actually, the twin dragons were one of the few glitches that I ended up getting. It was really annoying. I damaged one dragon once, beat the other and when I went back to the first, it had regenerated (which it was supposed to do), and become invincible (which it wasn't supposed to do). It took me rage-quitting and going back to the game a bit later to discover that it was a glitch and wasn't me just doing it wrong...