Happy

Trophy Thoughts Thread

72 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

 

Yeah 16 songs is shit. especially for this price IMO.Yeah so if you want to plat the game right now you would have to get 15 out of 16 songs SS rank :D

Also did a bit more research and the devs said there wont be custom song support since they said its impossible. Although impossible is a big word. But they did say the will release DLC songs quite "regularly". So we'll see about that. But as of now im still going to enjoy it and really digging the electric songs.

 

I think the plat is going to be a good challenge but might become easier as more songs come out. So if you really care about your completion i'd say wait a bit maybe. But seeing you also got DJ hero plat you should be fine either way. 

 

You need 15 S rank experts not SS, you only need 1 of those.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HcG Clawz said:

Yeah so if you want to plat the game right now you would have to get 15 out of 16 songs SS rank :D

 

But seeing you also got DJ hero plat you should be fine either way. 

 

As far as I understand you will need only 1 SS, and 15 S which is basically almost mastering the game.

 

Edit: Ninja'd by JustOneStingray.

 

Hah :D. Except for both being music-rhythm games, TBH I do not see much connection between spinning the DJ console and waving the Move like crazy Lord Vader :D.

But I know what you mean ;). Thanks for support! :D.

 

 

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

 

You need 15 S rank experts not SS, you only need 1 of those.

 

8 minutes ago, Smashero said:

 

As far as I understand you will need only 1 SS, and 15 S which is basically almost mastering the game.

 

Yeah my bad, i never properly read trophy descriptions 😂

 

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

 

Hah :D. Except for both being music-rhythm games, TBH I do not see much connection between spinning the DJ console and waving the Move like crazy Lord Vader :D.

But I know what you mean ;). Thanks for support! :D.

 

 

 

Yeah i mean Rhythm games in general haha. People could be good in swinging swords all they want. If they dont got a feel for rhythm they wont come far 😅

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HcG Clawz said:

...cut..

:]

 

Question, since you have the game already: expert diff. is available from the start? And if there is more than 30 "missions" - same songs, but diff. "track" layout? Or those "missions" are like "challenges" maybe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashero said:

:]

 

Question, since you have the game already: expert diff. is available from the start? And if there is more than 30 "missions" - same songs, but diff. "track" layout? Or those "missions" are like "challenges" maybe?

 

Expert is available from the start. The missions are like challenges indeed. Start at easy diffculty and then slow throwing mods in them while also raising the difficulty. Wouldt suprise me that some of the last missions would be to complete song on expert with some mods or something.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played for about 2 hours now, and if you are on the fence about buying this game, buy it. The motion controls are on point and the gameplay is so satisfying.

 

And those (for one reason or another) is worried about completion rate, this game is definitely doable. Already did a song on expert with full combo after only 2 hours, so with a bit more practice, the ss achievement will be within reach. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  1. New Maps: They have plans to release at least 30+ songs for free in 3 upcoming map packs along with also offering regularly paid map packs ($9.99 for 10 songs is what they’re thinking). They did seem like they wanted to continue to produce free songs. One thing they talked about doing is having certain aesthetics change in each map pack (maybe different lighting or a platform or something) on a k-pop map pack, etc. They did talk a bit about the frustrations of some of the copyright issues involved with getting music included in a game. They did try to work out a Spotify solution that didn’t end up working legally. Some people ask about game crossover like Tetris VR songs being playable as Beat Saber songs. They mentioned that they are currently working with a few other game studios to do some crossover songs.

More here. For those afraid about songs and dlc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would I get along with playing this in a small room? I don't have that much room. Maybe a, 7ft distance between my TV and chair

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zer007uk said:

How would I get along with playing this in a small room? I don't have that much room. Maybe a, 7ft distance between my TV and chair

Take everything outside and play in your garden!

;) Just kidding, Bro.

 

21 minutes ago, FairyCal said:

More here. For those afraid about songs and dlc

 

Damn... If the trophies will follow, seems that devs found an infinite source of money :).

Expert+ difficulty...

 

Anyway, I will buy it this week and give it a shot during the weekend (or earlier if I will manage).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zer007uk said:

How would I get along with playing this in a small room? I don't have that much room. Maybe a, 7ft distance between my TV and chair

I've got even less space between me and my camera - around 70 cm (2ft more or less). Camera is set at similar high, and moves works almost perfect (I think I still need to work on it a little), like 95% of the time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zer007uk said:

How would I get along with playing this in a small room? I don't have that much room. Maybe a, 7ft distance between my TV and chair

 

I have the same thing. I keep smashing my desk with the move or the wall or something. And pretty hard at that aswell to get those extra points 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you get the full combo trophy on Expert if it gives you the Hard full combo trophy as well? I'm playing on Expert and hoping once I'm good enough to get the trophies, if it will give me credit for both. 

 

This game is awesome by the way, can't believe how much fun it is. I feel like a god damn space ninja. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Does anyone know if you get the full combo trophy on Expert if it gives you the Hard full combo trophy as well? I'm playing on Expert and hoping once I'm good enough to get the trophies, if it will give me credit for both. 

 

This game is awesome by the way, can't believe how much fun it is. I feel like a god damn space ninja. 

 

I do not own the game yet, so I based my assumption on the current leader's trophy list for this game: seems that not, because there is a huge gap between the timestamps for trophies for expert and hard full combos.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Does anyone know if you get the full combo trophy on Expert if it gives you the Hard full combo trophy as well? I'm playing on Expert and hoping once I'm good enough to get the trophies, if it will give me credit for both. 

 

This game is awesome by the way, can't believe how much fun it is. I feel like a god damn space ninja. 

Think the trophies are glitchy atm. I did 15 songs with S rank on hard, and got the trophy for 15 songs S rank on Expert... Dont know if its the other way around if you do the songs on expert. As of now, no one has gotten the trophy yet, so doubt it.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:04 PM, FairyCal said:

I've got even less space between me and my camera - around 70 cm (2ft more or less). Camera is set at similar high, and moves works almost perfect (I think I still need to work on it a little), like 95% of the time.

You pretty much need to have 100% full arm motion in every direction, plus a little extra for if you're leaning or crouching. If you don't, you're going to be smashing your controller into something. Also, if you don't have enough distance, you're going to be moving your arm outside of the camera's view and the game is essentially unplayable like that. I used to be in that situation where I was trying to do VR in my room, and there were just certain games I couldn't feasibly do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Does anyone know if you get the full combo trophy on Expert if it gives you the Hard full combo trophy as well? I'm playing on Expert and hoping once I'm good enough to get the trophies, if it will give me credit for both. 

 

This game is awesome by the way, can't believe how much fun it is. I feel like a god damn space ninja. 

 

No you have to do them on both settings but hard is relaxing compared to expert so I wouldn't worry about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so:

 

Got the game - it is simply great! After few drinks you feel like a cyber ninja MOFO kiling the cubes. Controls are fine, music is nice, fun-factor = huge.

 

Expert diff. will for sure require a lot of practice. Same for some missions with the min. score, min/max hand distance etc.

 

That will not be an easy plat :/. Getting full combo will not guarantee you S or SS - it is score based I guess. I even got B on hard with full combo.

 

There is one super annoying thing IMHO - obstacles when you need to crouch: almost ALWAYS when there is a cube right after the obstacle which require you to crouch - I miss it... Or maybe I simply have to adjust my distance from the camera... No clue so far... Playing it on my main on second console, not synced yet (have "Ghost Blade" there.. I can't survive 9 mins without the crash + get 1 bln score :/).

 

Why the "move" has to be blue? As someone mentioned earlier - it seems that it sometimes "confuses" the PS Cam with the VR set (leds are also blue) and for a second or two your blue controller is above your head... Not even to mention how many times I throw away my headset with the move...

 

In general: fun: 10/10, plat 9/10 (maybe I will change my mind after some training). This game is the definition for what VR was made.

 

@Cjshai

Edited by Smashero
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smashero said:

Ok so:

 

Got the game - it is simply great! After few drinks you feel like a cyber ninja MOFO kiling the cubes. Controls are fine, music is nice, fun-factor = huge.

 

Expert diff. will for sure require a lot of practice. Same for some missions with the min. score, min/max hand distance etc.

 

That will not be an easy plat :/. Getting full combo will not guarantee you S or SS - it is score based I guess. I even got B on hard with full combo.

 

There is one super annoying thing IMHO - obstacles when you need to crouch: almost ALWAYS when there is a cube right after the obstacle which require you to crouch - I miss it... Or maybe I simply have to adjust my distance from the camera... No clue so far... Playing it on my main on second console, not synced yet (have "Ghost Blade" there.. I can't survive 9 mins without the crash + get 1 bln score :/).

 

Why the "move" has to be blue? As someone mentioned earlier - it seems that it sometimes "confuses" the PS Cam with the VR set (leds are also blue) and for a second or two your blue controller is above your head... Not even to mention how many times I throw away my headset with the move...

 

In general: fun: 10/10, plat 9/10 (maybe I will change my mind after some training). This game is the definition for what VR was made.

 

@Cjshai

 

Im sold, which is lucky because I picked it up on Friday. Now just to try it 😜

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished off the platinum. I am currently writing the trophy guide. Idk how much help it will be, but only quick tip I can think of for you all right now, you can get the "max combo" trophies will using modifiers so make the song slow, and get rid of obstacles and bombs to help you. Also time played and score needed for 24 hours/100 million is only counted on songs you finish so don't rage quit/fail

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iJLAW_ said:

Just finished off the platinum. I am currently writing the trophy guide. Idk how much help it will be, but only quick tip I can think of for you all right now, you can get the "max combo" trophies will using modifiers so make the song slow, and get rid of obstacles and bombs to help you. Also time played and score needed for 24 hours/100 million is only counted on songs you finish so don't rage quit/fail

 

I want this plat so bad.  Just wondering, did you play a lot of Beatsaber on PC before you got the plat in 1 day?  I am ust barely making it through Expert songs and wondering if it will be like guitar hero where I eventually got good or if the plat will forever be out of my reach.  The SS an expert song and full combo and expert song seem like the two that will cause me the most trouble in the end.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

 

I want this plat so bad.  Just wondering, did you play a lot of Beatsaber on PC before you got the plat in 1 day?  I am ust barely making it through Expert songs and wondering if it will be like guitar hero where I eventually got good or if the plat will forever be out of my reach.  The SS an expert song and full combo and expert song seem like the two that will cause me the most trouble in the end.

Yes I played quite a bit on PC. Plus there are thousands of custom songs ported to PC I played on Expert+ Difficulty which has not yet been added yet to the base versions of the games. SS rank is by far, the hardest trophy in the game. Just really gotta focus on accuracy and full swings, I did suck when I first started though, so it can be picked up through practicing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, iJLAW_ said:

Just finished off the platinum. I am currently writing the trophy guide. Idk how much help it will be, but only quick tip I can think of for you all right now, you can get the "max combo" trophies will using modifiers so make the song slow, and get rid of obstacles and bombs to help you. Also time played and score needed for 24 hours/100 million is only counted on songs you finish so don't rage quit/fail


Oh wow, you can do the max combo trophy with modifiers?! Thats cool, then the plat will be mine as soon as I can get that ss rank on Legend on expert difficulty :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fuuzect98 said:


Oh wow, you can do the max combo trophy with modifiers?! Thats cool, then the plat will be mine as soon as I can get that ss rank on Legend on expert difficulty :D

Yup! Just make sure to do the S rank trophies with no modifiers first, that way you dont get S rank with them on, and lose track of the ones you need for the S trophy. Good luck on the SS trophy! Didnt realize only 4 people have it so far

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

Yup! Just make sure to do the S rank trophies with no modifiers first, that way you dont get S rank with them on, and lose track of the ones you need for the S trophy. Good luck on the SS trophy! Didnt realize only 4 people have it so far

Well, I already got the S rank on expert for free when it was glitched. Did all the tracks with S on hard, then the trophy for expert popped. A patch came out a day after, and now I got both trophies :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.