Trophy Thoughts Thread

Happy

3 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

Yup! Just make sure to do the S rank trophies with no modifiers first, that way you dont get S rank with them on, and lose track of the ones you need for the S trophy. Good luck on the SS trophy! Didnt realize only 4 people have it so far

Hm... AFAIK (not in front of PS4 now) you can still obtain S rank while having some modifiers (you can see the maximum possible rank achievable on the bottom of "modifiers" page).

Then, you will not lose the track, since the highest achieved rank is always shown on the "stats" tab for each song and the trophy requirements do not forbid to use modifiers.

SS trophy on expert will be PITA :/...

22 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

Yes I played quite a bit on PC. Plus there are thousands of custom songs ported to PC I played on Expert+ Difficulty which has not yet been added yet to the base versions of the games. SS rank is by far, the hardest trophy in the game. Just really gotta focus on accuracy and full swings, I did suck when I first started though, so it can be picked up through practicing

Expert+? Holy crap, I am already afraid that it will be one of the DLC's trophies...

@iJLAW_Which song did you "SS"ed on Expert? 

1 minute ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Well, I already got the S rank on expert for free when it was glitched. Did all the tracks with S on hard, then the trophy for expert popped. A patch came out a day after, and now I got both trophies :P

I was not aware the trophy was glitched. All popped fine for me except "precision" I did them all multiple times on hard, and then once on a fresh save. It did not pop until a patch came out to fix it for me

4 minutes ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Well, I already got the S rank on expert for free when it was glitched. Did all the tracks with S on hard, then the trophy for expert popped. A patch came out a day after, and now I got both trophies :P

Damn, I was too late... But still not finished hard "S" yet.

Seems that I will have to check this "soft" to come back to 1.00 :D.

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hm... AFAIK (not in front of PS4 now) you can still obtain S rank while having some modifiers (you can see the maximum possible rank achievable on the bottom of "modifiers" page).

Then, you will not lose the track, since the highest achieved rank is always shown on the "stats" tab for each song and the trophy requirements do not forbid to use modifiers.

SS trophy on expert will be PITA :/...

Expert+? Holy crap, I am already afraid that it will be one of the DLC's trophies...

@iJLAW_Which song did you "SS"ed on Expert? 

Correct, but if you use the modifiers on the left side of the page, to speed up the song/no arrows/insta fail etc. you can still get the S rank but not the trophy because you used modifiers. I did SS on all expert songs but would recommend one of the two tracks on the bottom since they are both easy and last less than 2 minutes 

Expert+ is A LOT of fun, especially on custom/harder songs plus with a speed modifier.

Edited by iJLAW_

3 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

I was not aware the trophy was glitched. All popped fine for me except "precision" I did them all multiple times on hard, and then once on a fresh save. It did not pop until a patch came out to fix it for me

Wierd, guess I was just lucky then.

1 minute ago, iJLAW_ said:

Correct, but if you use the modifiers on the left side of the page, to speed up the song/no arrows/insta fail etc. you can still get the S rank but not the trophy because you used modifiers. I did SS on all expert songs but would recommend one of the two tracks on the bottom since they are both easy and last less than 2 minutes 

Wait, wait, wait....

Special
Get at least rank S on any level on hard difficulty without any modifiers.
Flawless
Get rank SS on any level on expert difficulty without any modifiers.

Clear, without, that's one song per difficulty.

Precision
Get rank S on at least 15 different levels on hard difficulty (solo free play only).
Hope
Get rank S on at least 15 different levels on expert difficulty (solo free play only).

And here, there is nothing about modifiers, so I assume, I can use them, right?

Just now, Smashero said:

Wait, wait, wait....

Special
Get at least rank S on any level on hard difficulty without any modifiers.
Flawless
Get rank SS on any level on expert difficulty without any modifiers.

Clear, without, that's one song per difficulty.

Precision
Get rank S on at least 15 different levels on hard difficulty (solo free play only).
Hope
Get rank S on at least 15 different levels on expert difficulty (solo free play only).

And here, there is nothing about modifiers, so I assume, I can use them, right?

I would assume so since it doesnt say, but I can not confirm. Also try doing SS on one handed mode, or no arrow mode as they also count toward the SS/S ranks. No arrow mode is super easy cause all you have to do is focus on hitting the block accurately. These modes are located directly to the left of song selection, just dont use modifiers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

I would assume so since it doesnt say, but I can not confirm. Also try doing SS on one handed mode, or no arrow mode as they also count toward the SS/S ranks. No arrow mode is super easy cause all you have to do is focus on hitting the block accurately. These modes are located directly to the left of song selection, just dont use modifiers 

This looks like a pro-tip ;). Will definitely try it!

Just now, Smashero said:

This looks like a pro-tip ;). Will definitely try it!

One handed mode is super fun! You only use one move controller, and you fill like a pirate or pro fencer by the time you are done. It is a workout though. No arrow mode is more relaxing as it is just "dot notes" the entire time

4 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

One handed mode is super fun! You only use one move controller, and you fill like a pirate or pro fencer by the time you are done. It is a workout though. No arrow mode is more relaxing as it is just "dot notes" the entire time

:D. I already played some challenges with "one handed mode". I was basically making circles with the Move.

Passed the challenge, but probably rank in free-mode would be "C" or "D".
Have to practice, practice and practice again.

Another thought: so can 15 x "S" on "Hard" or "Expert" be done in one of those modes too?

Edited by Smashero

14 minutes ago, Smashero said:

:D. I already played some challenges with "one handed mode". I was basically making circles with the Move.

Passed the challenge, but probably rank in free-mode would be "C" or "D".
Have to practice, practice and practice again.

Another thought: so can 15 x "S" on "Hard" or "Expert" be done in one of those modes too?

It can be combined with those modes yes

Just now, iJLAW_ said:

It can be combined with those modes yes

!!

Awesome!

One last (probably :D) question: How hard are the last challenges?

Reached 16 so far, without bigger issues (skipped one with disappearing arrows and min. score, but will come back to it of course).

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

!!

Awesome!

One last (probably :D) question: How hard are the last challenges?

Reached 16 so far, without bigger issues (skipped one with disappearing arrows and min. score, but will come back to it of course).

The campaign was super easy. I dont remember but I think the last mission was just no more than  5 misses and 5 bad cuts. The only challenges I ever failed were the ones where you cant move your sabers more than a certain distance. it was so frustrating because i am so Used to swinging 

Edited by iJLAW_
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

The campaign was super easy. I dont remember but I think the last mission was just no more than  5 misses and 5 bad cuts. The only challenges I ever failed were the ones where you cant move your sabers more than a certain distance. it was so frustrating because i am so Used to swinging 

Yep, played few of those already - kept the Moves tightly and just moved enough to "touch" the cubes, without any swing. Definitely doable.

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yep, played few of those already - kept the Moves tightly and just moved enough to "touch" the cubes, without any swing. Definitely doable.

Luckily there is only like 3 of those. There is one where you have to get a max combo while not moving them as well though

Getting S rank on the expert songs isnt that difficulty either. After like 5 hours of playing i already have most expert songs on S with no experience on pc or whatsoever. Still havent been able to get a fc tough. Always mess up one note. Also doesnt really help i dont have the room for this and keep hitting the wall and my desk.

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

What is full combo? I'm new to this so still needing to learn the ropes.

Side note first day my bicep area started to hurt, I guess its telling me I need to work out more lol

Full Combo means that you finish the song without breaking the combo so basically completing the song without missing a note.

21 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Full Combo means that you finish the song without breaking the combo so basically completing the song without missing a note.

I'm trying the first song and I keep messing up on the end speed run on hard lol

6 hours ago, Smashero said:

I'm jealous, I cant progress unless i do 12b or 12c and I cant evwn get close. Do we need to hold them close to chest or what?

9 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I'm trying the first song and I keep messing up on the end speed run on hard lol

I'm jealous, I cant progress unless i do 12b or 12c and I cant evwn get close. Do we need to hold them close to chest or what?

Ok it will sound stupid, but... Yes :D I am just holding them in from my chest and moving my body just to make the small "slash" and hit the cube. Meters are being counted very slowly then.

15 hours ago, HcG Clawz said:

Getting S rank on the expert songs isnt that difficulty either. After like 5 hours of playing i already have most expert songs on S with no experience on pc or whatsoever. Still havent been able to get a fc tough. Always mess up one note. Also doesnt really help i dont have the room for this and keep hitting the wall and my desk.

Without or with some modifiers?

Ok, so I just did 15 x hard FC. Did 6 of "no arrow mode" mode with slowing down modifier and 9 songs in normal dual mode also with same modifier - got the trophy.

Now already completed 6 FC on expert in one-hand mode with slow.

There is one track with 318 notes which seems to be the easiest out of those 6 - will try FC on expert without modifiers on this one and get SS on it.

Record is 317/318 and pain in the wrist :P.

I barely believe that I will manage any 500 combo on expert without the modifiers. Oh well... Thought the same while playing "DJ Hero" and then song by song... Have to practice.

Even the "no arrow mode" on slow song is sometimes crazy on expert...

AND!

While playing one-hand mode (too bad that there is only 6 songs :( ) I played with 3 mods: no obstacles, no bombs, slower song.

The notification under was - maximum score = B.

BUT! I managed twice to get an A with those modifiers!

So when you use only "slower song" mode it shows - maximum score = A. I hope that even with only "slower song" I will be able to get S anyway? ;).

At least I'll try... Tomorrow...

That won't be an easy plat, I highly doubt that I will manage. Still hoping for DLCs with some easier songs, but you never know... :].

Edited by Smashero