More easier gold medals (replay mode)(mission guide)

Erkawest

Good, honest, snake oil. Did this yesturday didn't buy anything, yet what i did notice after i total screwed up getting him out the water, I decided to restart the checkpoint to figure out getting him back town part. After the restart he was stationary in the water, i simply pulled him out hogtied him, got him on the horse headed for the yellow checkpoint marker in town, it just happened to be 20 seconds away. Still got the gold medal.

Might helpful to some still struggling. Oh and nice tips on some of those missions.

Edited by KAdamsy1

@KAdamsy1 

A pretty tedious horse ride that mission is if failed, I’d say do exactly what the guide here says, he’s got the notes spot on there! Silently kill as many as you can then start dead eyeing headshots I couldn’t get it down until I read his notes actually. Stay to the right, mostly and keep an eye out for the civilian stage coaches should be 2 that will appear just face away and look back for the second one to appear

Edited by xXUnreal_RushXx

4 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

Paying social call, to what road do you refer? as anytime i stop it keeps telling me to return to the gang, and if i don't return it fails the mission.

I think as early as possible. If you jump off the horse, they will stop and wait for you. Don't let them get too far away from you so stay idle and jump off right at the road. There won't be any civilians closer to the O'driscoll camp, so do it early

Keep eyes on the roads and look out for civilians passing by!

2 hours ago, xXUnreal_RushXx said:

@KAdamsy1 

A pretty tedious horse ride that mission is if failed, I’d say do exactly what the guide here says, he’s got the notes spot on there! Silently kill as many as you can then start dead eyeing headshots I couldn’t get it down until I read his notes actually. Stay to the right, mostly and keep an eye out for the civilian stage coaches should be 2 that will appear just face away and look back for the second one to appear

Happy that it worked for you 

Edited by Erkawest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2018 at 8:30 PM, Erkawest said:

Hey,

As promised I will share some easy tips n tricks for some of the gold medals which gave myself and other people problems when following the common spreadsheet.

I have completed 70 gold medals on replay, so it is definitely possible. Of course doing it during story will be much easier as you will have access to horse stimulants and snake oil.

Thanks to @NaseemJohn and @Akrioz for this compiled spreadsheet of gold medals. I didn't want to post in the other thread as some of these tips are really valuable and would probably go unnoticed as a normal post.

Before I start, let me share some less known tips n tricks...

*It is possible to headshot civilians for the 'headshot x' requirement and thus making some missions much easier.

*It is possible to loot Snake Oil and other deadeye refill items from enemies

*It is possible to loot Horse Stimulants from robbing civilian stagecoaches on the road

*If a mission involves visiting a town, it is possible to buy Snake oils and Horse Stimulants from shops. If you have 0 dollars, sell off some items (like the ginseng) or rob civilians in secluded areas for a bit of cash.

I won't write on every mission as NaseemJohn's sheet has some good tips and details. So be sure to check the other thread

These are some things I found out during some of the harder "easy" missions during replay.

Chapter 1

Enter, pursued by a memory

Reveal hidden contents

- Pick the sawed-off shotgun. At the wolf scene, run towards the rocks to your right and get up on the lowest one. The wolves will charge you so kill 2 of them with the shotgun. The 3rd will move towards you as you are recharging - don't panic, back off a bit and reload. The wolf will get a bit confused giving you time to reload and kill it. On horseback it is possible to trample the remaining wolves with the horse but it's probably better to do secure shots when close

Chapter 2

Paying a social call

Reveal hidden contents

- This one requires you to get 12 headshots, which can be hard. When you set out towards the O'driscoll camp -- Stop on the road and wait for civilians (do this early). Headshot the civilians that arrive on horse or stagecoach, move away a bit and face another direction. Turn your screen back and there should be another coming. You can complete headshots here and also increase accuracy

A fisher of men

Reveal hidden contents

Catch one fish then stop. Let Jack go away to get some flowers. Move closer to him and then wait until the cutscene triggers (can also cast and reel back in if cutscene doesn't start)

Pouring Forth Oil IV

Reveal hidden contents

- kill the train guards in deadeye mode for 4 kills. Be sure to loot the brandy bottle to the right in the baggage car. During the lawmen scene, kill 2 more lawmen in deadeye and then drink the brandy to restore your deadeye. During the escape, set your waypoint to cross the border to the north, which will make the lawmen instantly stop following you once you cross

Good, honest, snake oil

Reveal hidden contents

- Easy. Don't worry about not making it back in time. Before heading out, go to the general store, sell unnecessary items and rob somebody if possible. Buy a Horse Stimulant. Don't try to catch him until you move past the rocky riverbed and arrive at the flat area. Hogtie him and pull him out with your horse. Gallop back and use the Stimulant after you have wasted your horse's initial energy burst and this won't be a problem

The Sheep and the Goats

Reveal hidden contents

- It is possible to stay and farm headshots after the gang escapes with Strauss. Some have also reported having started with 150 dollars and buying Snake Oils from the gun store

A strange kindness

Reveal hidden contents

- The problem here is making it back in time. Farm headshots on civilians and loot a civilian stagecoach. I looted a chest inside a stagecoach and happened to find a Horse Stimulant. Make sure to call your horse to get next to the captive man before you free him. This will save some seconds as you and the german can quickly jump on and start moving. Head down the left path thru the forest, then at the end go right past the house and then between the destroyed walls. Don't jump over!

Chapter 3

The new south

Reveal hidden contents

- The "don't get hit" is what makes this one hard. But let me tell you a trick! Here's exactly how to beat him in a few seconds

1. As soon as the fight starts, press triangle to grab him. Make sure it's a grab and not a struggle. 

2. Press L3 to slam him to the ground.

3. Press UP+Square to dismiss him and move behind him.

4. Quickly turn towards him and press triangle to grab him again, this time with his back against you

5. Quickly press SQUARE + CIRCLE to dismiss and beat him! This will make Arthur choke him and beating him instantly.

This may take some practice, but don't worry! If you get hit, press LEFT on D-pad to abandon mission and retry checkpoint. The time objective won't be voided so you can try this until you succeed!

Buttons: Triangle - L3 - UP+Square - (Down)Triangle - Square - Circle

Magicians for sport

Reveal hidden contents

- During the cornfield scene, quickly go into deadeye and kill 1 or 2 bountyhunters before they disappear into the field. It's a short window. I managed to kill 1 with the rifle (don't switch weapons).

The course of true love - II

Reveal hidden contents

- Ride the horse and enter the Braitheworthe area from the backside, watch the map and try to get to the house exactly to the south of Penelope's location. Stop here and cross the water and run around/through shallow water on the way back. Another user also reported it being possible to cross the water with the horse. Leave the area by heading south from Penelope's location as this is the fastest way to leave the area

Friends in very low places

Reveal hidden contents

- As soon as you can press the tab to view the cutscene, do it as it will stop the timer. Then crouch-run and rob the box as quickly as possible

Chapter 4

Joys of civilisation

Reveal hidden contents

- When you get to the scene when the kid closes the gate, stay close to him as he climbs upon the roof. Climb over the rail and climb the roof to the right and quickly jump down onto the street. Be fast and head to the street pole where he will jump down and press CIRCLE (no L2) to grab him. This can also be done earlier if you are lucky. No retries!

Country pursuits

Reveal hidden contents

- As soon as Jules is pulled down the 2nd time, run towards where he disappeared and then go to the right. This will make him appear closer to the skiff and saving some valuable time in this extremely tight time window

Revenge is a dish best eaten

Reveal hidden contents

- Loot the enemies for chewing tobacco (deadeye refills). More than enough enemies for 20 hs

Chapter 5

Welcome to the new world

Reveal hidden contents

- Stay close to the gang by pressing X. During the first pistol fight, make sure to atleast kill 3-4 enemies. If you haven't restart checkpoint. The next fight is all about luck. One battle my gang killed everyone superfast. Next time the fight took long enough for me to get 10 hs. No retries at this point as it resets the amount.

Savagery unleashed

Reveal hidden contents

- As soon as you get to the prisoners, go deadeye and mark the guard first then the 3 ropes. Run to the prisoners to trigger the fight. Now just pray to get 7 more headshots in time. It is possible to move forwards and tank hits as they will come really close to you to save time

Chapter 6

Archeology for beginners

Reveal hidden contents

- Take the horse down and stop on the left side of the road at the camp. Quickly crouch-run straight to the relics and loot without being spotted (guards won't even notice you). Get back to the horse and rally back up

Honor, amongst thieves

Reveal hidden contents

- Once you get to the horse part, go down the slope to your LEFT when facing the wagon. Gallop down and once they pass, get close to them and SQUARE to jump up on the wagon. Loot the box and jump down and race back to Monroe. Once at the camp, spam SQUARE to jump forward instead of slow walk. Be sure to match your X taps with the horse to save stamina as it's a long way back

Epilogue 1 & 2 have many easy ones.

Hopefully these tips can make some missions much easier for many of you!

It's also possible to headshot horses for certains 'headshot x' requirement,tested in the mission 'Icarus and Friends' from chapter 6 and it worked for me.

Edited by dark-keyblade94
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, albysuperx said:

If I replay a mission and I shoot civilians my honor drastically decrease, at the end of the mission I will keep the honor decreased during the mission replay?

Tried myself with autosave disabled, honor is ok, for the mission "paying a social call" to shoot civilians you need to jump off the horse during the ride, I did it near twin stack pass, I shot 8 civilians before going on

Edited by albysuperx

On 12/24/2018 at 7:24 PM, albysuperx said:

Tried myself with autosave disabled, honor is ok, for the mission "paying a social call" to shoot civilians you need to jump off the horse during the ride, I did it near twin stack pass, I shot 8 civilians before going on

Yes exactly, jump off the horse to kill the civilians :)