Journey mode final level

zeero7uk

• 1 month later...

I got Tetris Effect for Christmas, been playing it every day since, yesterday I tried for hours to beat the last leg of the Journey, up to that I did it on Normal, so hitting trouble in Celebration, I changed to Beginner there and squeaked through to the end ... and fell flat on my face, hours lost and I HATE that song now.

Get to 60 line clears and Speed 10 hits. I get to 64 or 82 line clears, sometimes in-between, but can't get through. I got 86 or 88 (not sure, it's a murky memory since I was in MY zone) one time, thought I could do it, then a plethora of junk came out and no way I could clear any line with that. So topped out.

I've tried playing it so that I just built from the beginning Tetris clears and junk whatever, no matter if I do that or keep going for every line clear that I can, keeping it at the bottom nothing much accumulated, the speed bump kills me, I am a dedicated Gameboy Oldie so... all the Tetris in between never changed me. I have maybe one trophy from other Tetris games on PSN in the past. 

That means I go for Tetris clears and pull those shapes, er, Tetriminos, down ASAP. No holds, no over flipping or slow placement for the most part. So wired am I, nothing bad happens like this on higher speeds, but on the last Journey level it's like I'm pressing something and causing three or more shapes to fall in the same place instantly. I don't know why, it just happens and that's why I top out, I can't fix that junk. I try never to use my D-pad down on this level once in the '50 line clears' region. I use ZONE sometimes, it usually does little more than ruin my focus, doesn't save me, mostly fuddles me up. Unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing, it's like emergency mode, no hope at all.