Blast Shards on map?

Wade_VC

I've never played inFamous so I wouldn't really know, but maybe they appear on the map after you found them? Would be kind of useless but at least it'd give you an idea of where not to look lol.

I know people say the shards are really tough to find, so I wouldn't think there's a way to just get them to appear on the map. If there is though, someone better throw how they did it into a trophy tip. ;)

I can confirm there is no way of making them appear on the map. There are maps online to print and this is what I used to plat the game. It's just a case of crossing each one off as you discover it and remember some don't show at ground level when you hit the button.

Good luck with it, I really don't know why the game has shards in the legend and it would be so much better if they did show but hey, it makes the eventual plat that much more sweet.

• 3 months later...

This sounds insane! I just got my platinum on Infamous 2 last night, so this will be one of the games I work on next. These stupid blast shards make me feel a little intimidated LOL. Which is better guys? I1 or I2? After playing I2 is it even worth going back to do #1???

Here is what i did...

1. Beat the game on hard without the blast shards in mind.

2. Printed out a map of the blast shards for each district.

3. Started a new game on easy (required 2nd play through)

4. Got a count of shards per each district and...

5. Didn't move onto the next district without all from that district (minus 2 in the first district that you need the glide to get)

I only had to go back to get 2 shards from the first district...

but yes, this is an insane trophy... i had the same issue with the feathers from AC2 *sigh*

• Like 1

Here is what i did...

1. Beat the game on hard without the blast shards in mind.

2. Printed out a map of the blast shards for each district.

3. Started a new game on easy (required 2nd play through)

4. Got a count of shards per each district and...

5. Didn't move onto the next district without all from that district (minus 2 in the first district that you need the glide to get)

I only had to go back to get 2 shards from the first district...

but yes, this is an insane trophy... i had the same issue with the feathers from AC2 *sigh*

Well thanks guys :) I am trying to mentally prepare myself for what lays ahead before I begin. Thanks for all the tips, and any more would most certainly be helpful : )

Well thanks guys :) I am trying to mentally prepare myself for what lays ahead before I begin. Thanks for all the tips, and any more would most certainly be helpful : )

Awww, I posted on the other thread you spoke about this. I gave a similar tip to Piggie, and his is alot more comprehensive than mine. Damn

Awww, I posted on the other thread you spoke about this. I gave a similar tip to Piggie, and his is alot more comprehensive than mine. Damn

Yeah, don't worry about it : ) I will most likely use elements from BOTH of your guys' tips. Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

reminds me of the far cry 2 diamonds you had to collect, what a bitch they were.

i spent hours and hours to find them and missed like one or two,

i gave up on the game after that !!

what a waste of time!! :angry:

Fortunately my dad played Far Cry 2 before I intended to get around to it, and I was able to see how terrible of a game it actually was. In regard to the Infamous Blast Shards, using the guides has been quite effective, and I use MSPaint to mark off shards I have gotten. I have been busy playing a trillion other games at once, but I really should get back to I1!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...