How exactly are u supposed to get the best weapons

Taliesin_2943

I understand that u can get awesom over powered weapons but my issue is to get them I need parts and these parts drop from monsters that I need waaaay better weapons to dent much less take down and no matter how often I reset the find other players thing in game nada I'm lucky if 1 person shows up and they generally back out not long into harder fights so can anyone suggest strong weapons that don't require fighting hard monsters cause I need some strong weapons to fight those

As of right now my strongest is the ashura with 240 attack, flame sheild which I just have to buff my flame resistance, todayoshi at 164 as ND hits like a twig...very weak for it's high level, and a precision Lance at 157

I have the corsesca I gave 2 but seeing as I can't get the reconnended ingredients to make it a monster Slayer. I need something

Early on in my farming, I favored a mace as a quick way to break the parts.  The one I went with is the Behemoth Masher, which is upgraded from the Battle Mace that you can get at Meldacio.  The strategy I was using at the time was locking onto the part I was farming and use a jump and smash attack method.  If the part broke off and wasn't the drop I was looking for, I'd abort the mission and try again - this is particularly useful if you have the Perception Buff (increases item drop rate) as it allows you to keep the buff.

If you're struggling with the missions though, I'd recommend farming Roboresurrection for experience.  Make sure you kill everything on the field (should be nidus, frost bombs and the mechs)  It definitely helps having higher level Ai so they can last longer and heal you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Flame katana only carries you so far in the game, get the materials for the dragon spear.

You can literally be level 8 and grind out the base weapon on a level 20 mission.

Dont rely so much on higher level players and just grind out the materials needed.

You can even go the lazy route for laser sensors and still have a great DPS weapon and also stack it 4 times.

Idk who recommended you the flame katana but you won't be able to much with it in late game.

Invest in better weapons and grind

The problem is that the flame katana is the best I have access to the parts for dragon spear need me to fight a giant robot that nearly 1 hits me and I'm barely scratching for laser parts..., I need monster jaws from bandersnaches that do 1 hit kill me and I can't scratch much less break there heads, see the picture? I need at least 1 good weapon to take on these monsters to be able to farm these resources  

I'll leave this early build here, just in case anyone needs it - it's with credit to the FFXV Reddit Community

1.  Buy 3 Kite Shields from Lestallum

2.  Fill those with a combination of the following until they reach level 70

- Garula/Great Garula Tusk from Garulessa Gone Wild

- Octolegs/Monster Jaws from Baleful Bandersnatch

- Octolegs from Future: Departure (If you don't kill the Nidus the Mindflayer enemy will spawn indefinitely allowing you to farm them)

- Chrome Bits bought from the guard at Meldacio Hunter HQ

- Behemoth Horns from Departure

- Giant Crab Pincers/Hard Scales/Rough Scales from Calamitous Karlobos

3.  Use any attacking weapon that fits your play-style and fill that up

I didn't use this strategy, but apparently it will help get you through the first part of the game (and the boss) and help you be powerful enough to farm drops for the more OP builds.  You should get around 300 STR/VIT/SPR from the shields as well as 1500 HP.

• Like 1