Games to Play to Prepare for this Platinum?

I'm planning to start Doom tomorrow, followed closely by the new Wolfenstein games... but are there any other games I should play as sort of a preparation for the Wolfenstein II platinum? I hear it's pretty ridiculous (at the very least, frustrating because of Mein Leben) and I'd like to go in as ready as possible to make my many attempts slightly less in number.

Recent FPS-ish platinum's I've gotten have been all PS4 Far Cry titles, Battlefield 4, CoD WWII / Modern Warfare Remastered / Black Ops III, Metro Redux, Alien Isolation, and the Bioshock Collection. I'm fairly well-versed in FPS strategy but Wolfenstein looks like a different beast altogether and I could use a few recommendations from experts: what games should I play to prepare for Wolfenstein II's platinum?

The Mein Leben run is probably one of the most controversial topics i've seen on PSNProfiles. It sparked a tonne of debate and conversation (and quite a bit of anger).

Just my opinion but - I don't think there are any games per se to prepare for Mein Leben difficulty, but there are tonnes of videos of people with different methods and strategies. I think ultimately the time you spend on that difficulty run will be based on personal skill and speed at which you memorize patterns, timing and enemy movement. It's probably better to spend time in Wolfenstein 2, learning each encounter and level like the back of your hand, rather than using that time elsewhere with other games to prep.

If you do get that Wolfenstein 2 platinum, i take my hat off to you :):) 

• Like 4

from what I have seen I dont think anything can prepare you for a Mein Leben run ? people set up a petition to have it changed, thats how bad is supposed to be. I think playing the first game will help you get used to the mechanics of the game, then I would probably watch a few youtube videos of each level and then it will be a lot of grinding and deaths once you actually try and complete Mein Leben.

8 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The Mein Leben run is probably one of the most controversial topics i've seen on PSNProfiles. It sparked a tonne of debate and conversation (and quite a bit of anger).

Just my opinion but - I don't think there are any games per se to prepare for Mein Leben difficulty, but there are tonnes of videos of people with different methods and strategies. I think ultimately the time you spend on that difficulty run will be based on personal skill and speed at which you memorize patterns, timing and enemy movement. It's probably better to spend time in Wolfenstein 2, learning each encounter and level like the back of your hand, rather than using that time elsewhere with other games to prep.

If you do get that Wolfenstein 2 platinum, i take my hat off to you :):) 

That's definitely the most logical approach lol not a bad idea, I suppose practicing Mein Leben many times would be the best training for it. I guess by trying to make a list of games to play before W2 I'm just delaying the inevitable. 

I will try not to disappoint but hold on to your hat for now xD

• Like 1

nothing is going to prepare you for wolfenstein 2. If you want to get better at something, do the thing you want to be good at. In this case, its mein leben. The only way youre going to beat it is practicing *every* single segment of the game and that is by no means an overstatement.

prepare to spend countless of hours untill *you* find the strategy that works for *you*. Certain things carries over from other games such as twitch reflexes and how skilled you are at improvising on the fly, thinking outside the box etc.

my greatest tip ever and this works... DRINK COFFEE! Coffee greatly boosts performance, both physically and mentally.

good luck!

• Like 2

Mein Leben run  is actually pretty easy, you just have to not be stupid and die like an idiot. Say.. For example, throwing grenades up a flight of stairs ... stupid. It's not particularly easy granted, but take your time you'll get it easy enough. The beginning sequence has burnt me out of trying again, can't be arsed to sit through  10 minutes of shit again.

17 hours ago, bschwarz95 said:

I'm planning to start Doom tomorrow, followed closely by the new Wolfenstein games... but are there any other games I should play as sort of a preparation for the Wolfenstein II platinum? I hear it's pretty ridiculous (at the very least, frustrating because of Mein Leben) and I'd like to go in as ready as possible to make my many attempts slightly less in number.

Recent FPS-ish platinum's I've gotten have been all PS4 Far Cry titles, Battlefield 4, CoD WWII / Modern Warfare Remastered / Black Ops III, Metro Redux, Alien Isolation, and the Bioshock Collection. I'm fairly well-versed in FPS strategy but Wolfenstein looks like a different beast altogether and I could use a few recommendations from experts: what games should I play to prepare for Wolfenstein II's platinum?

You should play the previous wolfensteins in the max difficulty to decrease the reaction time and control in the combats or simply train W2 dlc's in mein leben.
You can also train DOOM on ultra-nightmare, different games but with an extreme level of action.
Try watching videos from
@Darkette or kreeper V , believe it will help you a lot! try to mix certain strategies with yours. If you die don't give up, no one do at first try.
Good luck :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...