Trophy thoughts

Winkuru

Seems like there's not many demanding trophies. The one that requires you to not to kill civilians could be annoying but that really depends how many civilians are there.

But the one that requires you to play the game with just two mercs is the only one probably that could be a hard one depending whether there is easy mode or not or how hard the game is general.

Edited by Winkuru

• 3 months later...

I'd like to make some notes here, since it looks unlikely that someone will post a guide. 

Lord of War - Still looking, but here's a list of what I've found. I actually picked each up if that matters, but I'm pretty sure it's glitched.

Assault Rifle- D2 K2 / HK417 / Scar-H / M4A1 / AK-74

Sniper- SSG 08 / SSG 550 / M99 / M40 / SKS-45 / SVD

Pistol- Five-Seven / Desert Eagle / Glock 18 / Beretta 92 / M1911 / Colt Python

SMG- Super V / P90 / TMP / AKS-74U / MP5 / M1A1

LMG- MiniMi / HK21 / RPK-74

Shotgun- Spas-12 / Mossberg 590 / Jackhammer / Shorty / MP-133

Special- Crossbow / Alien Gun / Bliss Launcher

Melee- Machete / Screwdriver / Fork / Frying Pan / Rolling Pin / Spoon / Glass Shard

Misc- Bliss Grenade / Smoke Grenade / IED / Grenade / 40MM HE

Blue Raja - Fork / Spoon / Frying Pan / Rolling Pin - This one took more than one kill with each.

Master Rager - This also didn't unlock as I used the last guy, but somewhere around 3 times with each Rage.

Way of the Rubberduck - Pick it up in the room where you do your first kill. Keep it in the team inventory until you attack the castle. Have it on a player there and put it in the bathtub before the last door.

Small Team - Played on easy...just avoid the Jungle map where you pick up Fidel and after you call in fourth merc don't go to the green marker where you pick him up. I saved right before the last battle, so I could pick them up and finish to work toward Team Player. 

People Saver - I'm not sure if it's buggy, but I finished the Prison map 3 times with zero civilian deaths before I got it. The first time I just killed all enemies I came by, sniped the main Black merc before it told me he was the one killing prisoners, then killed the rest. The second time I did the same, but waited until the game prompted me to kill the Black merc...still nothing. The third time I slowly went clockwise around the map stealth killing everything with the crossbow, melee, and a silenced pistol. I only killed enemies that said guard, sniper, or black merc first...but it still made me kill the five soldiers. I then manually walked to the exit instead of using 'Leave Map'...and that time I got it. 

The Good Guy - I'm just guessing here, based on what I typed above. I've noticed that if you use the Leave Map feature, it sometimes treats that as a loss, even though you completed the mission. Leaving by actually going to the box may affect how the game sees success or failure when it comes to civilians dying. 

Water Saver - The first time I didn't get this because the guy poisoned 1 of 4. Looks like it should read 'Killed the water poisoner in Reservoir before he could poison any basins'

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've received many messages about this, so I'll kind of answer all of those questions here. It looks like Lord of War and Tourist are fixed, but still iffy. I played the game before the patch, and did everything required for all trophies on 3 playthroughs. I first played on easy with 2 mercs, then on hard going for all maps and weapons, then the 3rd play to see if those last two would unlock. They didn't unlock, so I mailed the disc back to Gamefly. After the patch came out I got it back and loaded up the hard run...this popped Lord of War immediately without having to do anything. Tourist didn't unlock, so I loaded the 3rd run that was on easy. On this run I had kept the bases open(2nd and 3rd) and stocked up on water to wait out as many convoys as possible. After multiple convoys and ambushes didn't unlock it....I went to take both bases. As soon as I entered the loading screen for the 2nd base, I got it. I know I had been to that base in the first two plays....so I have no idea why that worked.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm all well and good with co-op being in games but I wish they'd STOP making trophy requirements out of it! Plus is one of the most useless, cash-grabbing services I've personally ever seen; I have no use for it whatsoever - never have, never will. I'm sick of having to skip out on games and it's trophies because they decided they wanted to go add some goddamn multiplayer trophy or shell out 10 bucks for this otherwise completely useless service for the month just so I can. PLAYING ONLINE SHOULD BE FREE!

• Like 1