Choose Your Game Of The Year!

unsalsrtprk

Mine was Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. I thought it was a fantastic remake and really game XII a chance since the PS2 version didn't do so well. Lots of exploration, challenging bosses, interesting job system and lovely game design makes it one of my favourites.

I would also nominate Spyro

• Like 3

On 21/11/2018 at 0:32 PM, CandiBunni said:

It's a tie between either No Man's Sky or Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

Is there a way to downvote this for even mentioning No Mans Sky? :P 

Of course, I’m kidding, you’re allowed to like whichever games you want and they added a lot to NMS but still cmon... REALLY? xD 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 3:20 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

Mine was Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. I thought it was a fantastic remake and really game XII a chance since the PS2 version didn't do so well. Lots of exploration, challenging bosses, interesting job system and lovely game design makes it one of my favourites.

I would also nominate Spyro

I too enjoyed FFXII:TZA, but that didn't release in 2018.

As for me, I don't really know. I didn't play any of the heavy hitters from 2018 except Dragon Quest XI, and while I enjoyed the game, I'm not sure I would call it GOTY (or, if I did, I would think it was a weak year overall).

• Like 1

First of all, it was a great year on PlayStation 4 :) 

Although, I missed some AAA titles (yet) like RDR2 and God of War... I bought them, but I haven't start them yet.

At this time of the year, it's hard to remember all games released since January, but some of them are easily memorable.

So, my favorite games this year that I "remember" I enjoyed playing (no specific order):

L3c80ff.png

L1398d7.png

Lf8bcdd.png

L3fd369.png

L6add17.png

Ldaa92c.png

Honorable Mentions:

Spoiler

Leb6b0f.png

L16e95f.png

Ld8fe70.png

Want to buy and/or play:

• A Way Out
  • Ásterix & Obélix XXL 2
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  • Celeste
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Dragon Ball Fighterz
  • God of War
  • Hollow Knight
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
  • Mega Man 11
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  • Ni No Kuni 2
  • OnRush
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Soul Calibur VI
  • Super Bomberman R

Edited by TurtlePM

From new games I'd say I had the most fun with Gal*Gun 2, but it was a bit short and not as fun as the prequel that I also played this year. However I'm not counting Double Peace for 2018 other than on a personal level.

Counting remasters, I'd say top game is .hack//G.U.Last Recode. Counting it because it was a late 2017 release. The game is showing a bit age and was not always fun to actually play, but looking back it was my most memorable JRPG experience this year. Certainly had a lot more fun with hack than platting FFX or Ni no Kuni and I still think about it sometimes.

I'm also playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch, but I don't have a final opinion on that just yet. Might not be a personal GOTY. I have this strange feeling that I've already played this game and that's not a good thing.

Still a few things to play before my final decision but if I had to pick right now I think I would go with Spider-Man. It was just firing on all cylinders with gameplay, story, graphics, etc. being top-notch. An incredible experience especially if you're a fan of the character. 

Honorable mentions:

AC: Odyssey

God of War

Monster Hunter World

Dragon Quest XI

Dead Cells

Chasm

Red Dead 2 won't even make my top 10. It's a well-made game but it's just not fun to me and that is what matters most when I'm judging a video game. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1