Choose Your Game Of The Year!

unsalsrtprk

On 11/21/2018 at 5:20 AM, unsalsrtprk said:

Hello everbody! 

You know, The Game Awards 2018 is an upcoming award show that will honor the best video games of 2018. We can say ''The Game Awards, video game's biggest night!'' for it. But what about your game of the year? 

Which game you think should be the game of the year? Please let us know your toughts? 

GOTY_GameOfTheYear.jpg

Red Dead Redemption II. 

Of the PS games released in 2018 I've played so far I would personally put MHW at the top. Think RDR2 is a tad bit overrated from the few hours I put in it but I can understand why everyone loves it and I'll probably end up going back to it anyways and playing the shit out of it regardless.

Haven't played GOW or Spiderman yet but gameplays look solid.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:31 AM, Connor CC-135 said:

Is there a way to downvote this for even mentioning No Mans Sky? :P 

Of course, I’m kidding, you’re allowed to like whichever games you want and they added a lot to NMS but still cmon... REALLY? xD 

Yep. I loved games like Minecraft, and NMS is basically that, but in space. It's a pretty great game now, given all they've added, improved, and fixed. I've already sunk over 100 hours into it, so it's doing something right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Of the PS games released in 2018 I've played so far I would personally put MHW at the top. Think RDR2 is a tad bit overrated from the few hours I put in it but I can understand why everyone loves it and I'll probably end up going back to it anyways and playing the shit out of it regardless.

Haven't played GOW or Spiderman yet but gameplays look solid.

A few hours in RDR2 is 10 minutes in other games, play it more and you won't think it's overrated.

3 hours ago, Feral said:

A few hours in RDR2 is 10 minutes in other games, play it more and you won't think it's overrated.

That is the main problem with the game to me...the glacial pace. I don't have a ton of time to game anymore so I like my games to get on with it a bit more quickly. I did enjoy AC: Odyssey even though it took 80+ hours to Plat because the pacing was much better in my opinion.  

38 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

That is the main problem with the game to me...the glacial pace. I don't have a ton of time to game anymore so I like my games to get on with it a bit more quickly. I did enjoy AC: Odyssey even though it took 80+ hours to Plat because the pacing was much better in my opinion.  

Well you could play it more quickly and it's 60 hours. It's not pacing that makes you take ages RDR2, it's that there's so much to do and you can get sidetracked. Also the plat shouldn't have anything to do with it being a good game.

AC Odyssey is a different (still awesome) kettle of fish and there's different expectations with it.

Unfortunately I haven't had time/priority to try all those games in 2018 that I wan't to try yet, but my Game of the Year goes to Red Dead Redemption 2.

I also enjoyed Far Cry 5 and Spyro alot (haven't done Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon yet)

And also a personal game of the year for me was Mx vs Atv All Out. Ya I know alot of people hated it, and I also agree that they released it too early. Been a huge fan of the franchise since Unleashed and I really enjoyed their work on their newest game. Of course I was hoping that they had some more time to fix the bugs and make the multiplayer more stable than it was at release, but alteast I did not suffer alot from the frame drops unlike many others because I played on a PS4 Pro. I just enjoyed the shit out of the free ride and free physics and I'm hoping they can continue with the franchise and release new cool stuff in the future.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, Red-River13 said:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is my choice. It's a fantastic JRPG that I honestly have no issues with. 

Except it's not from this year, it's from 2006, and even if you consider the remaster a new release, that was in 2017. :S 

• Like 1