Note score calculation

Ragowit

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Are there any charts out there that show the exact score needed for specific ranks on specific songs

Just get someone who plat it or achieved the trophy and just get your score close to theirs. 

I mean from playstationtrophies.org has someone who has earned it and is on a lb you're on

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

A shame that the game tutorial doesn't explain this adequately! I misinterpreted the instruction as referring to the angle of the cut through the block, not the angle that the saber should move through during the cut. Basically, make much bigger motions, got it. 

Hah! I also understood it like this at the beginning ;) and I was thinking that getting SS score is totally impossible. This movie here explains it perfectly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

A shame that the game tutorial doesn't explain this adequately! I misinterpreted the instruction as referring to the angle of the cut through the block, not the angle that the saber should move through during the cut. Basically, make much bigger motions, got it. 

So I believe that playing this game while sitting on the sofa is the reason which is actually preventing me from getting high scores ? I noticed that upwards swings always granted me no more than 40-60 points per cut, but that's because I literally have no room downwards. Will try and change my PS Camera setup so that I can try it while standing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

So I believe that playing this game while sitting on the sofa is the reason which is actually preventing me from getting high scores 1f602.png I noticed that upwards swings always granted me no more than 40-60 points per cut, but that's because I literally have no room downwards. Will try and change my PS Camera setup so that I can try it while standing

I highly recommend it standing if you can find the space in your setup. You start to feel the groove and dance around. I haven't tried it sitting, tbh, but this feels like a game that has to be played standing for the sheer jedi-immersion factor. I can just about manage it if I drag our coffee table out of the way, but my one leg still has to be up against the sofa if I want to be in the centre of the camera's view. 

Plus, it's a better workout standing. My fitbit was recording my heartrate in the 150-170 range yesterday! ?

52 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I highly recommend it standing if you can find the space in your setup. You start to feel the groove and dance around. I haven't tried it sitting, tbh, but this feels like a game that has to be played standing for the sheer jedi-immersion factor. I can just about manage it if I drag our coffee table out of the way, but my one leg still has to be up against the sofa if I want to be in the centre of the camera's view. 

Plus, it's a better workout standing. My fitbit was recording my heartrate in the 150-170 range yesterday! 1f605.png

I also believe it is a more enjoyable game if played while standing, but it was kind of difficult because of my room setup (I have a couch at about 2 meters from the tv and PS Camera, but I can't place the camera above my television so it has a low field of view) and I was "forced" to play it while sitting. I am trying to change the PS Camera location having it facing another side of the room where there is more space and it can be put in a higher place, I just hope the cable is long enough ?

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cybershark91 said:

Does somebody have tips to improve the score for slashed fropm below? in 90% of the cases I only get 50 points from them, even though I swing directly from a 90° angle and end up oiver my head. :/ 

Cyber shark i was struggling with this too but i clicked to it today. When it says 90 degrees it means the saber had to move 90 degrees before striking the box. SO from below you typically have to start from just behind your hips. So if youre doing it overhead it has to be above the shoulder. You can try and get a bit more rotatio by flicking your wrists and aiming to hit with tip of the saber as it has more time to swing. 

Once I started doing that ive been getting consistent >90 on all boxes especially those annoying under ones. Bear in mind this will tire you out but you will find a rhythm where you dont overexert yourself and it just becomes natural. 

Good Luck

• Like 1

Okay, so I managed to get better points from the below cuts. Now I'm around 80 points most of the time with some lower poitns and increasing nuzmbers of around 90 and 100 points. 

I tried working more out of my wrists together with my arms, which seemed to help a lot. I guess the rest is now training to get faster. This gaem is a hell of a workout xD My heartrate is always between 100 and 130 most of the time. Technically this counts as Cardio xD 

13 hours ago, puckelberry said:

Yeah the VR fitness board reckons its the equivalent of a tennis game with you burning 6-9 calories per minute. My upper body is killing me.

Glad you're getting more points now time to aim for that SS trophy ;) 

That might be a bit to early xD But I will work on getting it. I hope they will release the DLC songs soon. Can't wait to play more different songs.

To go off topic for a moment, I did see you are playing moss. Can you reccommend that game? I palyed the short demo and quite liked it. What's your opinion?

I have another tip for you I just got the SS trophy and i noticed in the end i had my hands at the bottom of the controller with the wrist strap very tight and essentially flicking the controller in the right direction made for consitent >100. 

Yeah I love the DLC pop stars song thouhg I found it disorienting to have the blue cubes be purple.

Ive been enjoying moss Ive been using it as down time, although i think theres something wrong with my set up as I'm getting a lot of world wobble. But definitely pick it up now in the sale its worth it, plus its insaenly adorable and I;ve found the combat can get a bit challenging

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puckelberry said:

I have another tip for you I just got the SS trophy and i noticed in the end i had my hands at the bottom of the controller with the wrist strap very tight and essentially flicking the controller in the right direction made for consitent >100. 

Yeah I love the DLC pop stars song thouhg I found it disorienting to have the blue cubes be purple.

Ive been enjoying moss Ive been using it as down time, although i think theres something wrong with my set up as I'm getting a lot of world wobble. But definitely pick it up now in the sale its worth it, plus its insaenly adorable and I;ve found the combat can get a bit challenging

I will try this. Have to find the straps though xD 

i actually like the purple. We need more color in this game xD would love different looking sabers, too.

i will get moss, then. It seems nuce

Wow, to be honest I found the tutorial and playing some songs pretty clear on what to so.. I use beat saber as my daily workout, play with sportshoes and shower after the game bc to get a high score and play it "the right" way is more sport than anything. The game even warns you in the beginning that it is sport and you should warm up before. There is no way it was meant like "yeah lets play that sitting on the couch" xDD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Wow, to be honest I found the tutorial and playing some songs pretty clear on what to so.. I use beat saber as my daily workout, play with sportshoes and shower after the game bc to get a high score and play it "the right" way is more sport than anything. The game even warns you in the beginning that it is sport and you should warm up before. There is no way it was meant like "yeah lets play that sitting on the couch" xDD

True. No way to achieve high numbers while sitting xD 

and its not fun playing while sitting. Standing and moving around is a nice experience. 

I‘m gonna track my heart rate during todays seasion. I want to get some heart data. I will share it afterwards xD 

• Like 1

a5YHjzRL.png

So here are the results i got from my watch for a 45min session. Started with a song on easy and switched afterwards over to some songs on hard difficulty rto work on those S ranks. Managed to get my first two s ranks.

it‘s not a bad cardio, but the time between songs is probably to long. My highest hr was 130 for a few moments. I gonna try again with expert songs tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puckelberry said:

Do Angel Voices on Expert thats pretty well 6 minutes of hard cardio. I've only had the game a week but my upper body is sore and feels like I've gone to the gym every day

I believe i tried this song on hatd before and failed miserably xD i will try it next time

On 17/01/2019 at 5:30 PM, cybershark91 said:

I believe i tried this song on hatd before and failed miserably xD i will try it next time

I'm at the point on that one where I missed 1 note. My left sabre drifted off and missed a note about 10 away from the end >_<. It's so long, then has a tough part somewhere in the middle like it's trying to get you to mess up your full combo so far in. I do hate how I get tracking issues here and there that affect my performance. Some days it's spot on, others are nightmares, some a mix of both as I keep correcting it every few songs.

Good idea to have no fail on to practice several times before taking the plunge with it off. Get the rhythm and pattern roughly in memory.

And just to note for those aiming for the SS, I got it in 'I need you'. Score was 333,855. Believe someone else got it on 328k with this song. Took a few tries. I posted the video of it here

Edited by Larkspur94
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Larkspur94 said:

I'm at the point on that one where I missed 1 note. My left sabre drifted off and missed a note about 10 away from the end >_<. It's so long, then has a tough part somewhere in the middle like it's trying to get you to mess up your full combo so far in. I do hate how I get tracking issues here and there that affect my performance. Some days it's spot on, others are nightmares, some a mix of both as I keep correcting it every few songs.

Good idea to have no fail on to practice several times before taking the plunge with it off. Get the rhythm and pattern roughly in memory.

And just to note for those aiming for the SS, I got it in 'I need you'. Score was 333,855. Believe someone else got it on 328k with this song. Took a few tries. I posted the video of it here

Congrats :D 

I managed to get an S rank on another hard song. I often have tracking problems :X Make it quite hard. and the strikes from below are still 50/50. Sometimes 100+ and sometimes not higher then 50 -.-

it seems the cam dosen't recognise the move controlers if I have the right below or a bit further behind me. Can't make any changes to may playing setup, since I dimpoly donÄt have time. I'm pretty close to the cam, this might be the reason.

Oh, and anotehr question, do you use headphoens while playing this game? Right now I send the sound from the ps4 witha optical connection to my reciever. I wonder if theres a slight delay during gameplay. Maybe using headphoens might help, too