the_game_nerd

Visions Update - Version 1.75 - This looks great!

4 posts in this topic

This looks awesome, really wish though they would add DLC trophies with it!!

It's incredible how they've turned the game around after the negative publicity at release. Hello Games and Sean Murray needed to redeem themselves and No Man's Sky, they've done that and then some. It's several times the game it was in the beginning and Visions looks incredible. Despite earning the platinum and 100%, I still play the game on the side to chill from trophy hunting and more varied/colourful biomes is something I wanted to see so I'm more than happy with the new update. 

A question I feel that needs asking is how much longer can they afford to keep pushing out free updates, especially on this scale? This can't last forever, would players be willing to pay for updates in the future? Regardless of what happened in the past, they've learnt from it and turned it around, I feel like they've earned it. Personally the game now is everything I wanted it to be, I'd be fine with dropping a few notes to support them beyond this point.

26 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

It's incredible how they've turned the game around after the negative publicity at release. Hello Games and Sean Murray needed to redeem themselves and No Man's Sky, they've done that and then some. It's several times the game it was in the beginning and Visions looks incredible. Despite earning the platinum and 100%, I still play the game on the side to chill from trophy hunting and more varied/colourful biomes is something I wanted to see so I'm more than happy with the new update. 

A question I feel that needs asking is how much longer can they afford to keep pushing out free updates, especially on this scale? This can't last forever, would players be willing to pay for updates in the future? Regardless of what happened in the past, they've learnt from it and turned it around, I feel like they've earned it. Personally the game now is everything I wanted it to be, I'd be fine with dropping a few notes to support them beyond this point.

They made £24 million from the launch of NEXT so are swimming in cash at the moment :). At around the time NMS came out, Sean did say they would consider charging for a DLC if they came up with an idea for something which proved to be absolutely massive and require more time and resources than a standard update does but I personally feel that we are a long way off from that happening.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

They made £24 million from the launch of NEXT so are swimming in cash at the moment :). At around the time NMS came out, Sean did say they would consider charging for a DLC if they came up with an idea for something which proved to be absolutely massive and require more time and resources than a standard update does but I personally feel that we are a long way off from that happening.

I actually didn't realize NMS had done so well, I'll look forward to free updates for the foreseeable future then :lol: