How bad/risky? (Input appreciated!!)

VoidVictory

I have an account that is 100% complete. I don’t play risky games on it. I play whatever I want on this tag. If I get 6 people is there any risk involved with glitches? How bad/time consuming is it? Any input would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks!!

*Also is it worth it?

Edited by VoidVictory
  • Like 2

There's no risk for this game, 2 months remaining for it is plenty of time. You simply have to host every single lobby you play, the stats only count correctly for the host but an issue is that the online pass for this game is delisted, so unless you get a code for it (or have someone game share it to you) you'd have to play this game on the digital version. The game has an infinite ammo glitch that only works for the physical version if you delete the game patch, without that glitch I can say the game is incredibly difficult to do. You need to beat Twisted difficulty on this game with gold medals on every event in order to unlock Warthog, one of the vehicles you need to use to get 50 kills with all online vehicles. Random people might join your lobby, but they won't join you all the time, they are very determined to stay in lobbies so you'll have to quit and change your lobby name often to not get trolled by them, but they can only really invade the match if they join during a 20 second lockdown counter. The online can be done with 3 people who use 2 controllers each on the game, since a 2nd controller can be added to ranked matches, this is a lot better than having to get 6 actual people to do it. The online will probably take you 40-50 hours if you try to do it with 3 people who all take turns, my own play time was 15 hours with self boosting the whole time. 

Supposedly the online pass has been delisted from the PSN store. It’s doable, but the hardest part may be finding a brand new copy.

Game itself is probably a 5 / 10 difficulty max. I’d personally put it at a 3 / 10.

Edited by B1rvine

35 minutes ago, DuplexGemini said:

Recently started this game and already I've finished the story. Just gotta attempt each mission for a Gold Medal on Twisted difficulty to unlock the Warthog for the trophy to get 50 kills for every vehicle.

Aiming to start boosting at some point soon

How tough are the gold medals?

4 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

How tough are the gold medals?

Everything except the bosses are ridiculously easy. The bosses aren’t terrible but may hold you up for an hour.

Non boss levels : 1 / 10

Boss levels : 6 / 10

Online: Annoying due to instability.

Overall :  3 / 10

From what I can gather and based on how the story mode was, most of them don't seem too bad to Gold, it's mainly the bosses I don't look forward to completing as there were certain times where it got frustrating.

EDIT: The only online trophy I was worried about was the win a ranked game once in 30 consecutive days, but isn't it also possible if you alter the PS3 dates?

Edited by DuplexGemini

19 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Everything except the bosses are ridiculously easy. The bosses aren’t terrible but may hold you up for an hour.

Non boss levels : 1 / 10

Boss levels : 6 / 10

Online: Annoying due to instability.

Overall :  3 / 10

I ordered a brand new copy sealed. Do all copies come with the online pass?

Edited by VoidVictory

14 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

I ordered a brand new copy sealed. Do all copies come with the online pass?

It has been reported by a few people that Sony has cancelled all the codes for the retail Online Passes so even if you have a sealed copy, the code won't work :(. Your only option now, is to buy the digital version because that comes with the Online Pass as part of the package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It has been reported by a few people that Sony has cancelled all the codes for the retail Online Passes so even if you have a sealed copy, the code won't work :(. Your only option now, is to buy the digital version because that comes with the Online Pass as part of the package.

Does that affect the whole thing with Infinite ammo or can I simply use the exploit and then do the online?

Infinite ammo exploit only can be used with disc version of the game because digital version comes with patches. Also you can't play disc version online by just downloading digital version and hoping it will download the online pass. The whole delisting actions by Sony gets uglier each day they does this right after announcing the server closure.

For the game on Twisted without the glitch, just don't. Twisted difficulty will be manageable but getting gold at the same time will be very very difficult.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I opened my copy about a month ago and could still redeem my pass. I’ve has someone else say it worked for them and others that it didn’t. Maybe in the last few weeks Sony have put a stop to it but otherwise it just might depend on your region 

1 hour ago, black__bunny said:

I opened my copy about a month ago and could still redeem my pass. I’ve has someone else say it worked for them and others that it didn’t. Maybe in the last few weeks Sony have put a stop to it but otherwise it just might depend on your region 

What is your region?

1 hour ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Infinite ammo exploit only can be used with disc version of the game because digital version comes with patches. Also you can't play disc version online by just downloading digital version and hoping it will download the online pass. The whole delisting actions by Sony gets uglier each day they does this right after announcing the server closure.

For the game on Twisted without the glitch, just don't. Twisted difficulty will be manageable but getting gold at the same time will be very very difficult.

So would you do the game’s campaign using the exploit and then switch to online with the digital version? Warthog evidently is tied to the server and not the save from what I have read.

6 hours ago, VoidVictory said:

So would you do the game’s campaign using the exploit and then switch to online with the digital version? Warthog evidently is tied to the server and not the save from what I have read.

When you connect to the server with the physical version it supposedly saves that you have Warthog so you can use it with the digital version. I think the only reason to switch to the digital version  for online is if you need multiple copies for self-boosting though. Otherwise you could just use the physical version for online. Either way you need that network pass if you want to use the exploit.

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

When you connect to the server with the physical version it supposedly saves that you have Warthog so you can use it with the digital version. I think the only reason to switch to the digital version  for online is if you need multiple copies for self-boosting though. Otherwise you could just use the physical version for online. Either way you need that network pass if you want to use the exploit.

Isn’t the network pass built into the digital version? Why would you need it for this exploit if warthog shows up on the digital version?

56 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

Isn’t the network pass built into the digital version? Why would you need it for this exploit if warthog shows up on the digital version?

Not sure what you don't get here because I think it's all been said, but to recap for you:

• You can only do the exploit with the physical version because the digital version comes pre-patched.
  • After doing the exploit you'll have the Warthog unlocked on your save file for the physical version.
  • You need the network pass to connect with the physical version so that the servers will record that you have unlocked the Warthog.
  • Then you can use either the physical or digital version to boost.

3 hours ago, mekktor said:

Not sure what you don't get here because I think it's all been said, but to recap for you:

• You can only do the exploit with the physical version because the digital version comes pre-patched.
  • After doing the exploit you'll have the Warthog unlocked on your save file for the physical version.
  • You need the network pass to connect with the physical version so that the servers will record that you have unlocked the Warthog.
  • Then you can use either the physical or digital version to boost.

There is another forum topic where a guy unlocked Warthog without the network pass on a physical copy. It showed up on his online version which had the online pass. That is the reason why your post made very little sense. I don’t mean to sound rude, but I am frustrated because things are all over the place. People haven’t even reached a consensus as to whether the code works in the game anymore. This is extremely frustrating.

12 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

There is another forum topic where a guy unlocked Warthog without the network pass on a physical copy. It showed up on his online version which had the online pass. That is the reason why your post made very little sense. I don’t mean to sound rude, but I am frustrated because things are all over the place. People haven’t even reached a consensus as to whether the code works in the game anymore. This is extremely frustrating.

Can you link that here? I'm just going by the info that I've seen, which has consistently said the network pass is needed.