Dardiana_1

Dardiana_1's Dispute

66 posts in this topic

Dardiana_1

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
No idea what is going on here, I played through this game multiple times, every time taking my time and following all guides available here.

edit: first time seeing one of these, so just read the rules.

This is what I'm being flagged for:

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End • Reason: Got 20/50 head shots at once. Got 30/5 stealth take downs at once.

The only thing I can think of is that my first playthrough was on my normal ps4.

I bought a playstation 4 pro, synced the content between the 2 devices and started my second playthrough on the playstation pro.

Possible that not all content had synced from the normal playstation and counted when the pro triggered it?

I can't see any of the dates or timestamps that you are talking about, so can't really verify any dates or times or provide any further proof until I know what I need to proof and in what timeframe.

D.

Edited by Dardiana_1
read rules and was missing things

14 minutes ago, Dardiana_1 said:

Dardiana_1

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
No idea what is going on here, I played through this game multiple times, every time taking my time and following all guides available here.

edit: first time seeing one of these, so just read the rules.

This is what I'm being flagged for:

The only thing I can think of is that my first playthrough was on my normal ps4.

I bought a playstation 4 pro, synced the content between the 2 devices and started my second playthrough on the playstation pro.

Possible that not all content had synced from the normal playstation and counted when the pro triggered it?

I can't see any of the dates or timestamps that you are talking about, so can't really verify any dates or times or provide any further proof until I know what I need to proof and in what timeframe.

D.

If you go to your profile and sort it by date once you clicked on Uncharted 4, it'll show you the time difference between each trophy. Were you always offline on your first PS4?

Thanks, I can see the time in between trophies, but as I'm reading it, someone said I got 30 stealth kills all at the same timestamp. Or am I reading that wrong?

But yes, the last month or so I had ethernet issues with the old ps4, part of the reason I traded it in and went for the pro.

I honestly can't remember if trophies popped after launching the game on the new console or on first occurrence of a headshot or not.

Been more than a year now since I played that.

Correct, your list has you obtaining 50 headshots 5 seconds after getting 20, and 30 stealth kills 1 second after getting 5.  

Ps4 shouldve auto synced those at some point, despite ethernet issues

Edit

To clarify, even if you were having issues at the time you obtained the trophy, it still should've auto synced at some point with the correct timestamp. Unless by ethernet issues, you mean it completely died and couldn't connect at all.  In which case you'll have to hide the game to get back on the leaderboard

Edited by AJ_-_808

Transferring the account from one system to another may act in the same fashion as transferring a save from one system to another. The probable way to "fix" this would be to sync the original system to the net and then the correct timestamps would be seen. Other than that, it falls into the save transfer category.

Edited by PSXtreme_

So buying a new playstation in the middle of playing a game is not allowed?

And be honest, if I were to cheat at any of these trophies, which I didn't or don't know how to even start, I would not pick 4 bronze ones that 80% or higher of all people completed.

There is a lot harder stuff in there than that.

But I made my case, as far as I can think, buying the new playstation must have triggered these. Not up to me any more now to see what happens.

What OP is suggesting makes total plausible sense. Especially if the original ps4 was having connectivity problems.

I would unflag this if it were up to me. 

Unfortunately, I would bet money that it is going to stay flagged. Sorry dude.

2 hours ago, Dardiana_1 said:

And be honest, if I were to cheat at any of these trophies, which I didn't or don't know how to even start, I would not pick 4 bronze ones that 80% or higher of all people completed.

But I made my case, as far as I can think, buying the new playstation must have triggered these. Not up to me any more now to see what happens.

It's not so much about cheating, it's more about having illegitimate time stamps (ie its physically impossible to get 30 more headshots 5 seconds after getting number 20)

Yes, it's pretty minor and yes, it sucks, but I think the counter argument you're going to get is "if we make an exception for you, we have to make an exception for everyone else"

On 11/22/2018 at 10:05 PM, Dardiana_1 said:

You just need to update your trophy list on the current system before swapping over to the new system and no problems would have occurred. Poor housekeeping on your part makes it your responsibility.

6 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

You just need to update your trophy list on the current system before swapping over to the new system and no problems would have occurred. Poor housekeeping on your part makes it your responsibility.

Not necessarily true if his old ps4 couldn't connect online anymore.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:05 PM, Dardiana_1 said:

Late to the party here, but of course it's allowed. The problem is the illegitimate timestamps, which for a leaderboard that rewards fastest times, is a no-no.

I'm not making any value judgments on your case, BTW. I had a similar problem with my PS3 many years ago. It simply stopped hooking up online. Happily, I was able to get a new one quickly, and earned no impossible-looking trophies in the meanwhile. 

Good luck in your dispute, however it turns out. Hopefully, if it's against you, this is the only game that has such a problem.

Edited by starcrunch061

This should probably be lifted. 

Because, it's likely not cheated, at least not in the malicious sense.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:41 AM, B1rvine said:

This should probably be lifted. 

Because, it's likely not cheated, at least not in the malicious sense.

Being flagged doesn't mean that they cheated in a malicious sense. 

If he remains flagged that's ridiculous. It's 4 bronze trophies and the OP's reason is definitely plausible.

I personally think this one should be lifted.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

It's 4 bronze trophies

You don't seem to understand what this whole flagging thing is about. If the timestamps are illegitimate (and they do look like they are) the flags will most likely stay, and rightfully so.

On 30.11.2018 at 2:16 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Late to the party here, but of course it's allowed.

Even if this could theoretically happen, his question sounds more like a rhetorical one or as if he was playing dumb.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Kittet3 said:

Being flagged doesn't mean that they cheated in a malicious sense. 

Ultimately, it's about whether they earned their trophies or not. The rules are in place since it's usually impossible to tell in these situations.

Edited by B1rvine

3 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

You don't seem to understand what this whole flagging thing is about. If the timestamps are illegitimate (and they do look like they are) the flags will most likely stay, and rightfully so.

Yeah man, I have no idea how this whole process goes even though I have been flagged twice. @MMDE can confirm this.

The timestamps are impossible true, but did you read the rest of me response? His reason sounds legitimate. How are you meant to sync when the Ethernet port dies and not everyone has WiFi. I know I didn't until about 2015. The flag may stay, I don't think it's the right call but hey that's just me. 

What I DID mean by my comment though was these trophies were definitely not hacked. Moreover, not like he had a chance to delete his profile either.

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Ultimately, it's about whether they earned their trophies or not. The rules are in place since it's usually impossible to tell in these situations.

That's clearly not true though. Someone who autopops an entire list from their own save file will still be flagged even though they earned their trophies. And it's not because we don't know if they used their own save file or not, it's because "those timestamps aren't wanted on the leaderboard".

Edited by BlindMango

Just now, mekktor said:

That's clearly not true though. Someone who autopops an entire list from their own save file will still be flagged even though they earned their trophies. And it's not because we don't know if they used their own save file or not, it's because "those timestamps aren't wanted on the leaderboard".

Exceptions are made under certain circumstances. This is one of them.

Your example situation is where a record time would be achieved, and yes, it wouldn’t be wanted. And in most cases it’s not really known if their own save is used or not.

There’s no known save to pop trophies like this, no speed advantage is gained here, and the only other instance of a similar occurrence in the first 150 pages of the leaderboard, had clear other issues.

25 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Exceptions are made under certain circumstances. This is one of them.

Your example situation is where a record time would be achieved, and yes, it wouldn’t be wanted. And in most cases it’s not really known if their own save is used or not.

There’s no known save to pop trophies like this, no speed advantage is gained here, and the only other instance of a similar occurrence in the first 150 pages of the leaderboard, had clear other issues.

I'm a bit confused of why you think this is a special circumstance. From what I understand, OP used their game file to continue a game on a different PS4 and the original wasn't synched, resulting in two trophies popping at the same time. Every other case I've seen of this has remained flagged unless OP could synch the original trophies. 

If it counts for anything, and I'm sure it doesn't, I'd throw my vote in with the 'lift the flag' crowd.  That is, of course, as long as it doesn't affect the leaderboard and the rest of the account is clean.  

It isnt possible to correct this by syncing the original system if its ethernet is broken, correct?

Edited by AJ_-_808

13 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

It isnt possible to correct this by syncing the original system if its ethernet is broken, correct?

It doesn’t matter if the ethernet is broken. You either correct those timestamps by syncing or you don't. 

Just think about all the other broken ethernets.

If the whole point of the flag system is to have some integrity to the leaderboards, then this flag does not help to achieve that goal. He didn't make the fastest time, heck he doesn't even have a 100%. I believe OP. If his earned a new fastest time then it would not matter if I believed him or not. But since his 4 quick popped trophies do not affect the leaderboard, I feel it should be lifted considering this is not an egregious or obvious offence. A whole auto popped list I'd feel differently about. We have to ask ourselves if we want to die at the stake over these flags when it really accomplishes nothing (in this particular case). Just my two cents.