Full Version must have tanked for this...

This game came out without any marketing push behind it and the poor reviews didn't help either. I picked my copy up after 3 weeks after launch for $19.99 CAD for the steelbook version from EB Games and that's from the launch price of $89.99 CAD

Keep in mind that this is a free edition so "usually"the free to play games you do not have to pay for PS+ in order to play online and that means you "could" possibly self boost if you have more then one PS4.

not entirely true:

• In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
  • You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
  • Story mode is not available.
  • You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
  • Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
  • If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
  • There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
  • You can battle online against users from the full version.
  • You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version
Edited by Toma_Gabriel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toma_Gabriel said:

not entirely true:

• In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
  • You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
  • Story mode is not available.
  • You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
  • Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
  • If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
  • There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
  • You can battle online against users from the full version.
  • You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version

Almost sounds like what battle born did. With its "free version" 

Hero rotation

X game modes

No story access.

Akin to what LoL does to try to get ya to buy more heros with there weekly hero rotation lol

6 hours ago, Rantaro said:

I feel bad for spending retail price on the steelbook and yet it's almost been a full year and I haven't touched the game. Now there is a free version? Ouch. 

To be fair the full game has full roster at start (excluding DLCs ofc) and I had lots of fun with Summon Gauntlet. The scene before the final battle is pretty epic as well. 

5 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Umm, well, I will try it this version, I'm curious.

Hmmm, I suggest trying the demo first, esp if you are curious about the trophies. It's grindy and lots of luck base unless you boost.

There wasn't even AI possible players before, the population had diminished a lot since release. Shouldnt had focus so hard on team battling from the start. May have done well in a JPN scenario in the arcades but a port like this to NA is just digging a early grave.

It's nice they are doing this to get some players to try out the game. This business model is very similar to mobos out there with rotating character roster. It's not the full game people. 

12 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

There wasn't even AI possible players before, the population had diminished a lot since release. Shouldnt had focus so hard on team battling from the start. May have done well in a JPN scenario in the arcades but a port like this to NA is just digging a early grave.

It's nice they are doing this to get some players to try out the game. This business model is very similar to mobos out there with rotating character roster. It's not the full game people. 

So its not worth getting for $15?

21 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not surprised, the game lacked the depth most were expecting from the PSP games (even though it was a well-stated fact that it would be different). The choice of team-based combat over 1v1 was a terrible decision as well.

You're right but I can remember that Square Enix said that they're adding a Story Mode and RPG Features to the console version of Dissidia FF back then :/   They kinda did but it was complete garbage and just ridiciulous

On 11/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, NekoRave said:

If you do the ftp version first will it autopop if you but the full game?

Conversely if you have the platinum can you auto unlock the trophies from the free version? Maybe the stats are saved on the server and that's all that matters? 

Is this available in NA or announced for it at all? 

8 hours ago, lynn231 said:

Any help with the one hit wonder trophy? Who should I use for that, basically all I know it just spamming one attack and this game is very bare bones...

Any character really, just build up enough bravery til its purple (typically 3500 for a full hp enemy) and kill with an hp move. It's easier if your hp move connects on an enemy that just got wallsplatted, Cross-slash with Cloud should do fine.

• Like 1