Kishnabe

Full Version must have tanked for this...

44 posts in this topic

And of course they put the most pain-to-get MP trophies... Yikes. How could they even convince trophy hunters to get this and the full game???

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JaM said:

And of course they put the most pain-to-get MP trophies... Yikes. How could they even convince trophy hunters to get this and the full game???

I wonder if it'll come out with more versions of the free trial since there's no list for NA yet (its not on the store yet)

 

Imagine doing this in other regions hahaha

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Dumbest game ever lol

Dumbest game ever so far (homers voice)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game came out without any marketing push behind it and the poor reviews didn't help either. I picked my copy up after 3 weeks after launch for $19.99 CAD for the steelbook version from EB Games and that's from the launch price of $89.99 CAD

 

Keep in mind that this is a free edition so "usually"the free to play games you do not have to pay for PS+ in order to play online and that means you "could" possibly self boost if you have more then one PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not entirely true:

  • In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
  • You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
  • Story mode is not available.
  • You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
  • Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
  • If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
  • There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
  • You can battle online against users from the full version.
  • You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version
Edited by Toma_Gabriel
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toma_Gabriel said:

not entirely true:

  • In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
  • You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
  • Story mode is not available.
  • You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
  • Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
  • If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
  • There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
  • You can battle online against users from the full version.
  • You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version

Almost sounds like what battle born did. With its "free version" 

 

Hero rotation

X game modes

No story access.

 

  Akin to what LoL does to try to get ya to buy more heros with there weekly hero rotation lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for spending retail price on the steelbook and yet it's almost been a full year and I haven't touched the game. Now there is a free version? Ouch. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, well, I will try it this version, I'm curious.

Edited by FlareZero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you all acting shocked and silly? KT do this with a lot of their games like DW, DOA, Toukiden and even DOA Extreme. The game will be incredibly grindy to the point people who enjoy it will pick up the full version instead. It's a carry-over version as well, so better than a demo.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rantaro said:

I feel bad for spending retail price on the steelbook and yet it's almost been a full year and I haven't touched the game. Now there is a free version? Ouch. 

Hahaha same man 😃.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rantaro said:

I feel bad for spending retail price on the steelbook and yet it's almost been a full year and I haven't touched the game. Now there is a free version? Ouch. 

To be fair the full game has full roster at start (excluding DLCs ofc) and I had lots of fun with Summon Gauntlet. The scene before the final battle is pretty epic as well. 

5 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Umm, well, I will try it this version, I'm curious.

Hmmm, I suggest trying the demo first, esp if you are curious about the trophies. It's grindy and lots of luck base unless you boost.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There wasn't even AI possible players before, the population had diminished a lot since release. Shouldnt had focus so hard on team battling from the start. May have done well in a JPN scenario in the arcades but a port like this to NA is just digging a early grave.

 

It's nice they are doing this to get some players to try out the game. This business model is very similar to mobos out there with rotating character roster. It's not the full game people. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

There wasn't even AI possible players before, the population had diminished a lot since release. Shouldnt had focus so hard on team battling from the start. May have done well in a JPN scenario in the arcades but a port like this to NA is just digging a early grave.

 

It's nice they are doing this to get some players to try out the game. This business model is very similar to mobos out there with rotating character roster. It's not the full game people. 

So its not worth getting for $15?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised, the game lacked the depth most were expecting from the PSP games (even though it was a well-stated fact that it would be different). The choice of team-based combat over 1v1 was a terrible decision as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the nick of time is a really annoying trophy. this game is really fun though, hope the free version gets more people playing it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not surprised, the game lacked the depth most were expecting from the PSP games (even though it was a well-stated fact that it would be different). The choice of team-based combat over 1v1 was a terrible decision as well.

 

You're right but I can remember that Square Enix said that they're adding a Story Mode and RPG Features to the console version of Dissidia FF back then :/   They kinda did but it was complete garbage and just ridiciulous

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do the ftp version first will it autopop if you but the full game?

Edited by NekoRave
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NekoRave said:

If you do the ftp version first will it autopop if you but the full game?

 

That would be great. The full game is still in my backlog, so to kill two birds with one stone would be nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dodged a bullet. I almost bought Dissidia NT on the black friday deal from PSN. Almost. Glad to know that I won't have to spend money on this terrible game, even though I love the Dissidia series.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, this is Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Core Fighters.

 

Koei Tecmo at its finest.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.