Platinum in under an hour?!

DanielMcGiveron

Almost all of the trophies are awarded for things that aren't necessary to 100% the game. So I suppose it's technically possible to avoid unlocking any until you've completed everything, then quickly unlock them all at once.

Although I do wonder why somebody would go through the effort of planning out trophies like that if they don't seem to hunt them at all, like the guy who did it in an hour

57 minutes ago, DharmaDan said:

Just been checking the trophies for all 3 games and noticed someone has achieved the platinum for this in 53 minutes and someone else did it in 1h 3m. How is this possible?

Hmm the second guy has those trophies awfully close together, especially considering loading time of levels, since there's two trophies that are earned back-to-back, but based in two different portals. Then there's the fact he beat Crush after Ripto? I'm failing to understand how he managed this in 1 hour without using saves. 

As for the first guy, I fail to understand how he'd earn M6ikzga.png so close together. Again, you'd have to factor in cutscene and loading screen time..

2 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Hmm the second guy has those trophies awfully close together, especially considering loading time of levels, since there's two trophies that are earned back-to-back, but based in two different portals. Then there's the fact he beat Crush after Ripto? I'm failing to understand how he managed this in 1 hour without using saves. 

As for the first guy, I fail to understand how he'd earn M6ikzga.png so close together. Again, you'd have to factor in cutscene and loading screen time..

Well cutscenes can be skipped, but loading times... yeah, they are a bit much.  Though the Idol Springs portal is close to where Hunter is in Summer Forest for his challenge.  But defeating Crush after Ripto should not be correct.  But in this game, the trophies are for defeating Crush and Gulp without hitting fodder, so maybe he needed to use fodder against Crush, not understanding his patterns? Just a thought there.

As for two different portals, you can fast travel with the guidebook in each of these games now, so long as you've been to the level first (the guidebook doesn't tell you what levels you are missing).

But again, the whole loading times between levels and before and after bosses linger a bit... so I'm not so sure myself on these... getting platinum in about an hour seems a bit shady to me.

8 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

You can quick travel to any level at any point. The hungry idol challenge is at the very beginning of Idol Springs. This is definitely doable.

You only need to use a portal the first time you enter a level. Never again after that.

Edited by DoucetDudes

Just now, DoucetDudes said:

You can quick travel to any level at any point. The hungry idol challenge is at the very beginning of Idol Springs. This is definitely doable.

Huh, didn't think about that. But even still, this all seems like too much work, just to be first place. 

Just now, Armored Squirrel said:

Huh, didn't think about that. But even still, this all seems like too much work, just to be first place. 

This is clearly a speedrunning setup. Speedrunning games and trophies is something that's becoming popular. 

It's work but he clearly mapped out the fasted road to platinum.

Can Confirm this is most likely a legit run.

During my playthrough i realised it would be possible to do this quite easily, and spoke with someone who was the first person on here to give it a go, he clocked around 3 hours and was nowhere near perfect.

Assuming hes unlocked the superflame powerup prior to the boss fights those boss fights can also be done in a matter of seconds.

I think this time will be tough to beat but with fast travel and other factors I feel like the Gap could get down to under 45 minutes.

43 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Can Confirm this is most likely a legit run.

During my playthrough i realised it would be possible to do this quite easily, and spoke with someone who was the first person on here to give it a go, he clocked around 3 hours and was nowhere near perfect.

Assuming hes unlocked the superflame powerup prior to the boss fights those boss fights can also be done in a matter of seconds.

I think this time will be tough to beat but with fast travel and other factors I feel like the Gap could get down to under 45 minutes.

Hmm, now I'm interested in seeing how fast this game be done. I know people found some insane glitches back in the PSOne days. 

Damn, I had my own speed completion ready to launch, but I was hoping to be able to do them all in order and leave the permanent super flame for last.

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Although I do wonder why somebody would go through the effort of planning out trophies like that if they don't seem to hunt them at all, like the guy who did it in an hour

I had no interest in speedrunning games beyond just standard completion, until the Crash trilogy came out. Because it was a big part of my childhood, I knew I wanted to place 1st on the leaderboards. That then carried over to want to do the same thing for any other game that allowed an unorthodox setup for a trophy speedrun.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:56 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

It's really no work at all, you just play through the game like normal collecting everything you see unless it's something that unlocks a trophy. For me I avoided all trophies until after I beat ripto, then I just fast traveled zone to zone popping the trophies. My total game time was something like 7 hours by the time I was ready to speed the trophies. One mistake I made was not going for the hanging mite challenge first as it glitched on me hard and added 30 minutes, then I tried to legit fight gulp without taking damage for conservation 2 and wasted another 20 somewhere, had to come back with super flame and cheeze him.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1