Soundtrack Removal- Fun Facts

Afro_Gear

So I knew that they removed a handful of songs for the PS4 port including Michael Jackson's Billy Jean. I've played over 30 hours and can confirm it is removed from the vehicle radio stations. HOWEVER! -  it is still in the game files and plays in the game! During the Print Works mission titled "Spilling the Beans" you go to visit Kent Paul in the Malibu Club and you can hear the song being played over the club sound system loud and clear. 

Although this is nothing more than a oversight it really is a bummer it was removed from the radio stations considering they half-assed the removal and it has never been caught. 

514no7ZRHBL._SX355_.jpg

19 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Although this is nothing more than a oversight it really is a bummer it was removed from the radio stations considering they half-assed the removal and it has never been caught. 

I doubt it was an oversight. If the song always plays in the cutscene, then it is meant to and the scene is coded that way. Since the PS4 version is an emulated PS2 game, no game files will be removed from the image. They merely circumvent or block the song from the ingame playlist.

I mean that them leaving the song in the port is merely an oversight. if they meant to remove it from the radio stations it is because they lost the license to it. So they thought they were complying be removing it from that playlist. The "oversight" is the  leaving the song in the game files. This mission clearly was meant to play this song and was scripted. They obviously forgot to remove it. Hence the "fun fact". If they had the license to still play the song in the scripted mission it would still be played over the in game radio. @soniq

Edited by Afro_Gear

Just now, totallycrushed said:

If only the port would be the 1.00 Lionel Richie, Haitian dickheads, Smoke grenades and original gun names version of the game

Yeah, those along with MJ are highly missed. Still, this is a very good game that should be played by anyone that has yet to. Even with the omissions.