Should i buy a Vita?

DeathShark22

Hey Guys, i need your opinions and help with a few decisions:).

I am thinking about finally getting a PS Vita. I found the only place that sells them still new here in Italy is GameStop (PSVita WiFi + Memory 8GB  for 196€). Otherwise i just find them used on Ebay and Amazon in various price ranges and conditions.

So my question is, which model should i get and where? Do you reccomend any other site to buy the Vita? I kind of want rather a new one but i am not entirely sure.

Which games are a must have?

Am i already too late to buy a Vita?:D

Thanks for your help guys.

Ebay is overpriced, Amazon is pretty erratic. The best option is to buy Vita from Japan, using middleman service.

Just recently I bought pink-white Vita 2000 in perfect condition for about $120 through https://zenmarket.jp/yahoo.aspx?c=2084301278

Model is highly depends on if you are going to install CFW on yours or not. Vita 1000 is inferior in almost every way, but they have great OLED screens. Vita 2000 is better (ergonomics, weight, battery life, etc.), but their screens are noticeably worse. However, with CFW you can increase color range/saturation on Vita 2000 and bring the image quality to OLED levels.

As for games, get all Vanillaware games, all Atelier Arland + Atelier Ayesha, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary, Mary Skelter and other DRPGs, and there's many other stuff like shmups, rhythm games, etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Ebay is overpriced, Amazon is pretty erratic. The best option is to buy Vita from Japan, using middleman service.

Just recently I bought pink-white Vita 2000 in perfect condition for about $120 through https://zenmarket.jp/yahoo.aspx?c=2084301278

Model is highly depends on if you are going to install CFW on yours or not. Vita 1000 is inferior in almost every way, but they have great OLED screens. Vita 2000 is better (ergonomics, weight, battery life, etc.), but their screens are noticeably worse. However, with CFW you can increase color range/saturation on Vita 2000 and bring the image quality to OLED levels.

As for games, get all Vanillaware games, all Atelier Arland + Atelier Ayesha, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary, Mary Skelter and other DRPGs, and there's many other stuff like shmups, rhythm games, etc.

Thanks for your help buddy:). Ok so i just use your link and make a bid there like on ebay right? Never used this site so sorry for the questions:D Do i need also to buy a memory card right?

No idea how to install CFW, however i think i will buy nontheless a Vita2000. 

Thanks for the game advices.

Yeah, it's like Ebay, only you need to add funds before buying. You can play auction or can buy item outright.

You need a memory card, unless you plan to use SD2. Vita 2000 have pre-installed hard space but it’s like 1 Gb or something.

If you plan to do CFW later, search for Vita with firmware lower than 3.69

12 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Yeah, it's like Ebay, only you need to add funds before buying. You can play auction or can buy item outright.

You need a memory card, unless you plan to use SD2. Vita 2000 have pre-installed hard space but it’s like 1 Gb or something.

If you plan to do CFW later, search for Vita with firmware lower than 3.69

Any offer there in particular that you would reccomend? I am completely new to the vita so i have no idea what to get. I prefer buying it since i am not one for auctions:D

This one looks ok?

https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=v601413901

Edited by DeathShark22

Literally only if it's proper cheap, and you've been stacking PS+ games for 5 years or so from back when they gave out decent titles.

Failing either requirement, not worth it. That's coming from a guy who's owned like 5 Vitas (though 3 or 4 had faults and that's why I moved on to new ones), and a Vita TV. 

Unless you're solely after trophies on the go, in which case, you might already be in too deep, you'd be MUCH better off buying a Switch. The cheapest retail Vita you can buy here is preowned at EB and 200 bucks. A brand new Switch can be bought right now for 340 at The Gamesmen (an Aussie retailer)'s eBay store. Factor in the cost of a reasonable sized memory card for the Vita, I would say 32GB at least, being hard as shit to find, and 68 dollars at EB (PREOWNED!!!) and look, the Switch is just a much better idea, even ignoring the obvious like the fact it's supported, and has exclusives, and will continue to get games for years, and is bigger and shinier and so on, but strictly in terms of cost, it's just a better deal to buy a Switch.

If you just want a portable PlayStation, might I suggest the PlayStation Portable? Can be got for hella cheap, has a shit load of amazing games, and you can just buy a 2 dollar adapter on eBay to use standard Micro SD cards in it, and pirate all those amazing games suuuuper easy. Plus it's pretty great for emulation, official PS1 emu out the gate, N64 runs decent on most games, GBA, Mega Drive, NES, and so on work 100% perfect too. 

• Like 1

I am having great fun with my Vita and do not even like the typical "Jap" games that someone else mentioned. There is still plenty of stuff if you enjoy a wide variety of games. I paid about 100 euro's for a first generation console, a 16 Gb memory card and 2 games (Killzone: Mercenary and Modnation Racers). I have not regretted that purchase for a second.

Vita games aside, one of its finest uses for me is playing easy games on my PS4 using remote play before I go to sleep. Recently I completed Everybody's Gone to the Rapture like that. I also did Rime mostly with remote play on my Vita. You do need stable wifi though and fast paced shooters will probably not work too well even then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I am having great fun with my Vita and do not even like the typical "Jap" games that someone else mentioned. There is still plenty of stuff if you enjoy a wide variety of games. I paid about 100 euro's for a first generation console, a 16 Gb memory card and 2 games (Killzone: Mercenary and Modnation Racers). I have not regretted that purchase for a second.

Vita games aside, one of its finest uses for me is playing easy games on my PS4 using remote play before I go to sleep. Recently I completed Everybody's Gone to the Rapture like that. I also did Rime mostly with remote play on my Vita. You do need stable wifi though and fast paced shooters will probably not work too well even then.

Thats also one thing i'd like to use, so i don't occupy the TV all the time, and i can stream some games to the Vita.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I am already buying a Switch for my little sisters for christmas so in any case i will use that sometimes:D But thanks for the idea with the PSP:).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

So did you buy a Vita or not?

Yes, i bought one from Zenmarket:). Very happy with it.

11 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Well, he has no vita games on his profile, so I'm thinking probably not.

I have finished Sine Mora and Day of the Tentacle (altough i started that one on PS4 and finished it on the Vita).

9 hours ago, DarkestBOO said:

He has 100% in Sine Mora for Vita. Starting strong out the gate! 1f4aa.png

Thanks man:). That game was a beast to finish. So until now i spent 140$ just to suffer trough Sine Mora (again):D. But i have already installed Uncharted Golden Abyss, Muramasa Rebirth and Ys: Memories Of Celceta. So plenty to do.

6 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Yes, i bought one from Zenmarket:). Very happy with it.

That's awesome dude!! Too bad they remove vita game from psplus lineup, not that there was much good stuff they gave...enjoy your beauty!

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

That's awesome dude!! Too bad they remove vita game from psplus lineup, not that there was much good stuff they gave...enjoy your beauty!

Yes, a shame:(. Luckily i always picked up the vita games for the last year and a half so i have a few. But there really are not many good ones.

Any Vita game you would absolutely recommend?:)

14 hours ago, KazuoAkashiya said:

Teraway is a really good title along with Killzone Mercenary (exclusives). You should try those. If you enjoy Japanese games maybe give the Daganronpa series a chance.  :)

I think i already have Teraway from PS+? I am not sure though...Danganronpa is already on my wishlist=) Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 6:51 AM, DeathShark22 said:

Danganronpa is already on my wishlist=) Thanks.

Danganronpa is good!! get them all.

If Vita games are your go to, then go ahead. To be honest though, I would save my money for something other than a dying and failing PlayStation portable. Plus, the rear touch pads will screw you over when playing games like Ratchet and Clank Collection on Vita. Plus, there's the issue of memory while the US memory cards during the Vita's lifetime there in the US was so small and the larger ones didn't made it to the west. Plus, it has some Wi-Fi issues and stuff. Plus, gyro controls on the Vita is a fricken mess. While I like the Vita, I can't help but agree with those who looked at its flaws, so to be honest, I would save my money for either a 3DS or Nintendo Switch.