I bought a sealed copy and the Online Pass code didn't work

Yinyangfooey

I recommend trying to contact customer support and they might activate the code for you since I've seen people get their code activated before. While the game is still online, there's no reason for them not to allow you to play online if you have a valid online pass code. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I recommend trying to contact customer support and they might activate the code for you since I've seen people get their code activated before. While the game is still online, there's no reason for them not to allow you to play online if you have a valid online pass code. 

so I just called them and they said they'd escalate and generate a new code for me in the next 24-48 hours. They tested the code and said the code still had "one use on it" and was supposed to expire March of next year but for some reason is just NOT working for me. I've tried redeeming it through the game itself, through PSN, no luck

I guess I'll just have to wait...

So I was wondering, was the fact that I downloaded the digital version (that has the online built into it) before trying to put in the physical version of the game affect anything? Does my PS3 "think" I already have the online pass because I have the digital version too?

I tried this on an account without twisted metal and I still got the same error (though I'm not sure if games are shared throughout accounts on the same system)

Edited by Yinyangfooey

13 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

So I was wondering, was the fact that I downloaded the digital version (that has the online built into it) before trying to put in the physical version of the game affect anything? Does my PS3 "think" I already have the online pass because I have the digital version too?

No.

Wait ya'll....did you say I needed to finish the campaign on Twisted to unlock Warthog?

So deleted my digital copy and reinstalled it. I booted up the MP and I have Warthog! I'm honestly not sure what happened because everyone on here says that your physical saves don't transfer to digital.

So I guess I don't need the online pass anymore?? Sweet!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Wait ya'll....did you say I needed to finish the campaign on Twisted to unlock Warthog?

So deleted my digital copy and reinstalled it. I booted up the MP and I have Warthog! I'm honestly not sure what happened because everyone on here says that your physical saves don't transfer to digital.

So I guess I don't need the online pass anymore?? Sweet!

So what did you do to get the exploit to work?

5 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

So what did you do to get the exploit to work?

I don't know if I necessarily used an exploit. All I can say is this:

1. I had both physical and digital versions of the game downloaded (digital first).

2. Then I completed the game on Twisted with all gold stars (physical with infinite ammo glitch)

3. Deleted my Digital copy of the game completely (game data utility, save data utility, the whole thing)

4. Redownloaded the digital game from my list on PSN store

5. Booted up the game like usual and selected MP.

I'm not sure if there's even an exploit lol I just read a post on this forum saying that the Warthog unlock is tied to my PSN ID...so I had a faint glimmer of hope that if I just opened up the digital version of the game, it would be there.

Edited by Yinyangfooey

3 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

1. I had both physical and digital versions of the game downloaded (digital first).

2. Then I completed the game on Twisted with all gold stars (physical with infinite ammo glitch)

3. Deleted my Digital copy of the game completely (game data utility, save data utility, the whole thing)

I'm not sure if there's even an exploit lol I just read a post on this forum saying that the Warthog unlock is tied to my PSN ID...so I had a faint glimmer of hope that if I just opened up the digital version of the game, it would be there.

Has it messed up any multiplayer trophies? Did you delete the physical copy?

Edited by VoidVictory

6 hours ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Yes, a SEALED copy off eBay...I've triple checked the code and the PSN store keeps saying it's no longer valid or it's wrong. I'm not sure what's going on...I'm on the phone with PlayStation support but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Is this because the pass has been delisted on the store?

the code is most likely expired even though you bought the game new as the game came out in 2012  

• Like 1

On 23/11/2018 at 6:45 AM, Yinyangfooey said:

Did you try to access the multiplayer in the physical version after you finished Twisted with gold stars? And what did it say if you did?

17 hours ago, mekktor said:

Did you try to access the multiplayer in the physical version after you finished Twisted with gold stars? And what did it say if you did?

11 hours ago, VoidVictory said:

That is my question as well.

EDIT: I GOT THE TROPHY. I just killed a few more vehicles while boosting the map/game mode trophies and I got the Any Car will Do trophy!! Perhaps my stats were a bit off :P

I got some bad news :(

So even though Warthog is selectable in digital version MP, it still says its locked when I go to the rewards page. I've gotten 50 kills with each vehicle (including Warthog), and the trophy has not popped up for me. I've also hosted every single game I've played.

I called Sony support and you know how they said they'd give me a new code? Well turns out they just gave me a code for $10, and not the online pass, so idk.

When I tried to go to MP on my physical disc, it still asked me to redeem an online pass.

So either my stats are messed up, or since I didn't unlock Warthog legit in my digital version, it didn't register for the trophy. (even though in my stats it says I have more than 50+ kills with it).

Edited by Yinyangfooey

I don't think an online pass is needed for the physical version if you also have the digital version. Some have said you need the pass to connect to the servers which unlocks the Warthog on the digital version but it unlocked for me without the pass.

• I had the digital versions update on my console but not the game as I deleted it when I got my physical copy (Don't know if this matters)
  • I played the disc without patch using infinite ammo and got the trophy
  • I installed the patch but couldn't connect to the servers, the game sent me to the store and then put the game into an offline state
  • Assuming I couldn't unlock the Warthog, I gave up
  • I just downloaded the digital version and the Warthog is unlocked 
  • Both versions of the games 'game data' and save data are still on my console
  • I tested on an alt which did not have it

So, you (probably) don't need an online pass if you have both versions, which is lucky because I couldn't find a new copy for less than £20 and I refuse to pay that much. Hope this is helpful to someone. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thezooniverse said:

I don't think an online pass is needed for the physical version if you also have the digital version. Some have said you need the pass to connect to the servers which unlocks the Warthog on the digital version but it unlocked for me without the pass.

• I had the digital versions update on my console but not the game as I deleted it when I got my physical copy (Don't know if this matters)
  • I played the disc without patch using infinite ammo and got the trophy
  • I installed the patch but couldn't connect to the servers, the game sent me to the store and then put the game into an offline state
  • Assuming I couldn't unlock the Warthog, I gave up
  • I just downloaded the digital version and the Warthog is unlocked 
  • Both versions of the games 'game data' and save data are still on my console
  • I tested on an alt which did not have it

So, you (probably) don't need an online pass if you have both versions, which is lucky because I couldn't find a new copy for less than £20 and I refuse to pay that much. Hope this is helpful to someone. 

Yup that's pretty much my experience. My online pass code didn't work anyway even though it was sealed. I think it's because the Warthog unlock is tied to your PSN ID so if you unlocked the vehicle then I guess it would transfer over to the digital MP.

Edited by Yinyangfooey

On 11/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, mekktor said:

On 11/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, mekktor said:

I set up a few boosting sessions. If I have to self boost, do you need three accounts or six?