PSVR Sound Question

DrakeHellsing

Small question I have on how it uses the sound.  Does the sound itself come from the headset? Reason I ask is that I understand that it includes earbuds, but I would rather not use them, since earbuds don't sit well in my ears, that and they can have gunk in them after having a shower (annoying, I know).  So point is, can I still use one without using the earbuds and still hear sound fine? That's just really, one thing I'm not too familiar with in regards to the headset itself.

Hey!

You get the sounds from the VR Headset, as you said.

You will get a little black box with the headset, which will convert the VR input towards your TV. If you just put your TV on, the TV will also display your game visuals and sound. Making is able for family and friends to watch and hear what you are doing. You could use this method for yourself to hear sound.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptHowdy_91 said:

You are not required to use the headphones that come with PSVR. You can wear almost any headset of your choosing with them, or have the sound come out of your tv or speakers

Ah, thanks for that.  That's all I wanted to know, as I was reading that it came with them, but I could not tell if it was required or not.  Sounds like I can use my own headphones instead :)

1 minute ago, knoef_NL said:

Hey!

You get the sounds from the VR Headset, as you said.

You will get a little black box with the headset, which will convert the VR input towards your TV. If you just put your TV on, the TV will also display your game visuals and sound. Making is able for family and friends to watch and hear what you are doing. You could use this method for yourself to hear sound.

That's also good to know, makes it easier.  Reason I asked this, it's going for $300 right now over here in NZ, it's on sale and that's more affordable for me (and I have the money for it too).  But just wanted to know the whole sound ordeal and how that works.  But this extra info is appreciated too :)

• Like 1

You can play VR without using the headset...

And if you use the VR to plug in a headset, you get the sound from there, and the sound will still come through your tv as well! It’s not like with the controller!

And you can use what ever 3.5 Jack headset you want!

Hope this helps!

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, thanks for that.  That's all I wanted to know, as I was reading that it came with them, but I could not tell if it was required or not.  Sounds like I can use my own headphones instead :)

That's also good to know, makes it easier.  Reason I asked this, it's going for $300 right now over here in NZ, it's on sale and that's more affordable for me (and I have the money for it too).  But just wanted to know the whole sound ordeal and how that works.  But this extra info is appreciated too :)

Just get it! I need more views on my guides. Lol /jk.

The VR is a great system. It has some awesome games, may i  recommend;
* Squishies (platformer/puzzler VR)
* Moss (Platform/Adventure)
* Astro bot (Platform/adventure)

4 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

I wanted to get one regardless, it's now more affordable... so I went ahead and bought it, will be getting it Tuesday when it ships on Monday :)

And yeah, I heard the Astro Bot game is suppose to be good.  But either way, at least the VR bundle comes with PlayStation Worlds, so it's still something I get to mess around with anyway :D

10 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

10 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I wanted to get one regardless, it's now more affordable... so I went ahead and bought it, will be getting it Tuesday when it ships on Monday :)

And yeah, I heard the Astro Bot game is suppose to be good.  But either way, at least the VR bundle comes with PlayStation Worlds, so it's still something I get to mess around with anyway :D

I'll put my vote in for Astro Bot too. And Statik is a cool unique puzzle game.

If you want to try out Astro Bot, The Playroom VR is a free game and it contains one platforming level (need two players for 100% but you can play that level solo too). It's the Astro Bot prototype.

11 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

I'll put my vote in for Astro Bot too. And Statik is a cool unique puzzle game.

If you want to try out Astro Bot, The Playroom VR is a free game and it contains one platforming level (need two players for 100% but you can play that level solo too). It's the Astro Bot prototype.

Yeah, I noticed I do have the Playroom to test out and all that (I was checking the library earlier on on my PS4 and saw it there), will keep that in mind though.

As for Astro Bot, I suppose it does depend on how well I do with using a controller in VR instead of the motion controllers.  But I probably will get it regardless, as I have heard that it's a real good game as is and would not mind checking it out sometime for sure.

I mean next week I might actually get the motion controllers, but not sure just yet, depends on money and all that really.

But yeah, other than Astro Bot, other games I am looking at grabbing is the Batman VR game and probably Job Simulator... or another game that's not too expensive.  I'll have a proper look at a later date, don't want to get too ahead of myself after all.  Gotta wait until I get the damn thing to begin with ;)

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I noticed I do have the Playroom to test out and all that (I was checking the library earlier on on my PS4 and saw it there), will keep that in mind though.

As for Astro Bot, I suppose it does depend on how well I do with using a controller in VR instead of the motion controllers.  But I probably will get it regardless, as I have heard that it's a real good game as is and would not mind checking it out sometime for sure.

I mean next week I might actually get the motion controllers, but not sure just yet, depends on money and all that really.

But yeah, other than Astro Bot, other games I am looking at grabbing is the Batman VR game and probably Job Simulator... or another game that's not too expensive.  I'll have a proper look at a later date, don't want to get too ahead of myself after all.  Gotta wait until I get the damn thing to begin with ;)

If you've played a lot of games with controllers (probably a "duh" as an answer here) then you'll likely find that you can easily use the controllers without actually seeing them.

Check out Statik. Occasionally on a sale and not that expensive to begin with, it's a puzzle game with at its core that you have a controller in your hands that you can't see. Brilliant puzzle game, in my opinion, and it's sit-down in-game too so no high risk of VR-sickness.

There's some cool motion controller games too. Accounting+ and Batman come to mind. Haven't bought Job Simulator yet, I'm kind of intrigued but I'm eaiting for it to be €10 or less.

On your original topic: I still play with the ear buds, but I think I'm going to try the big headset that I bought for my Switch next time.

1 minute ago, Agent 47 said:

If you've played a lot of games with controllers (probably a "duh" as an answer here) then you'll likely find that you can easily use the controllers without actually seeing them.

Check out Statik. Occasionally on a sale and not that expensive to begin with, it's a puzzle game with at its core that you have a controller in your hands that you can't see. Brilliant puzzle game, in my opinion, and it's sit-down in-game too so no high risk of VR-sickness.

There's some cool motion controller games too. Accounting+ and Batman come to mind. Haven't bought Job Simulator yet, I'm kind of intrigued but I'm eaiting for it to be €10 or less.

On your original topic: I still play with the ear buds, but I think I'm going to try the big headset that I bought for my Switch next time.

Yeah, earbuds don't sit well in my ears, so I might use my headphones if need be :)

As for Statik, I'll be sure to keep that in mind too, especially if I can just sit down while playing it... I do have a chair in my room too, so I can just sit there :D

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, earbuds don't sit well in my ears, so I might use my headphones if need be :)

As for Statik, I'll be sure to keep that in mind too, especially if I can just sit down while playing it... I do have a chair in my room too, so I can just sit there :D

I think Batman is the only game I've played that really works better when standing up. All other games on my trophy list can be easily played while sitting down.