*Spoilers* Epilogue weapons glitch locked me out of 100%?

danceswithsloths

Okay so, from what i understand, at some point in the epilogue you are supposed to receive all of Arthur's weapons, which will make them available for John to use in the endgame. There seems to be a glitch where this won't happen, it happened for me and some other people around the web. i just never got his guns in my inventory, but i did get his clothes.

i used the 20K you get at the end of the game to re purchase most of my weapons, but it won't let me buy any more throwing knives. it says i have "8 out of 8" throwing knives already, presumably because i was full on them when Arthur died, but i can't equip any.

i just came across the challenge Weapons Expert 2, which i need throwing knives for. so it seems until i find a workaround or this glitch gets patched, i can't 100% this file.

i could start over, but i have sunk a lot of hours into this file, so anybody got any ideas? any way to increase capacity for throwing knives maybe? anybody else have this glitch happen?

Should probably just wait for a patch rather than go through the whole story again.

I found out that one of the last things I needed to do in GTA 5 was glitched, so I went through the entire game again to get the trophy for it. A few months later, when I came on to do online stuff, the thing that wasn't appearing had been fixed and was now available in my original save. So I would've saved a lot of hassle by not bothering and letting Rockstar take care of it.

I'm sure it'll get fixed at some point if it's affecting a lot of people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Should probably just wait for a patch rather than go through the whole story again.

I found out that one of the last things I needed to do in GTA 5 was glitched, so I went through the entire game again to get the trophy for it. A few months later, when I came on to do online stuff, the thing that wasn't appearing had been fixed and was now available in my original save. So I would've saved a lot of hassle by not bothering and letting Rockstar take care of it.

I'm sure it'll get fixed at some point if it's affecting a lot of people.

that's my line of thinking as well. i also lost a couple of unique guns, so im hoping for a patch for sure.

*SOLVED*

so, my throwing knives were still available to craft with, even though i couldn't equip them. which means you can craft your throwing knives into poison ones or improved ones, which will allow you to buy regular ones and unlock them as usable equipment again. false alarm guys, it was an easier fix than i thought.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

I had the same glitch OP had. The new patch was supposed to fix this glitch. However, unless there is something I am missing, I still do not have previous weapons. Maybe they fix the glitch trigger, but not the aftermath? If anyone one has found a work around this glitch (finding lost weapons), I'd be curious to hear about it.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, did you see the scene where Arthur gives John his satchel? I wonder if maybe if your honor is bad, you don't get it or something (although I've never heard of that)? 

Just makes me wonder when you say "at some point I was supposed to get them." That scene was actually in Chapter 6, before the epilogue (for obvious reasons). 

Man that’s hard luck, I wouldn’t start again no way, at least Rockstar seem to be respectful enough to fix issues in their games, the online is really buggy I found but it is in beta I guess, I’ve fallen through the map so many times lol, but shouldn’t be long until they address these issues I hope

11 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

Just out of curiosity, did you see the scene where Arthur gives John his satchel? I wonder if maybe if your honor is bad, you don't get it or something (although I've never heard of that)? 

Just makes me wonder when you say "at some point I was supposed to get them." That scene was actually in Chapter 6, before the epilogue (for obvious reasons). 

yeah, i did see that, and i was expecting to have his weapons because of it. then i found out you get them a little later in the epilogue, so i kept playing and never got em. still haven't

So I sent a complaint to Rockstar about this glitch’s aftermath (not being able to get the weapons after the cutscene where you’re supposed to get them). Here is their response:

Hello QuietCool187,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We understand that you are missing Arthur's weapons from story mode and we are here to assist you.

We would like to inform you that we do not have an option to modify the progress of the Story Mode as the progress is saved in your console. Kindly try to access the previous saved games file from the console and see if you are able to retrieve the previous progress. 

If you are still facing the issue, please feel free to let us know.

So basically, if you got glitched you’ll have to use a previous save and do everything over again.

• Like 1

I had the glitch too, in my playtrough. Was very dissapointed because I collected all the unique revolvers, an unique sniper rifle etc ...

All gone now unless I play the game again. Man, that sucks ?. Sad to hear I won't get them back, but, well ... how should they do it? They cannot manipulate a save from our consoles ...

• Like 1