Will you play a game that has no trophy support?

Wade_VC

Games without trophies  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play a game that has no trophy support?

• Yes
    • No

As the title states, will you play a game that does not support trophies, or are trophies an important part of your gaming?

As for me, I will indeed play games that do not have trophies. Although trophies are fun to get, I have never put the earning of trophies above the enjoyment of a game.

I'm softening up to trophy-less games nowadays, though I'm still in the "I won't buy it unless it has trophies" boat for the most part. I've been tempted to give MGS4 another shot a few times lately.

That said, the question isn't whether or not I'd buy it... it's if I'd play it.

So yeah, if a game were set in front of me that I was interested in (in some fashion) I'd definitely give it a spin. Whether or not I'm enthralled enough to play through the whole thing is questionable though, but that's not necessarily trophy related. I'll vote yes. :)

I'm of the same opinion as Dreakon. However, in my pursuit of achievements/trophies, I've come across some gems that I wouldn't have played otherwise (Darksiders for example) and completed them on both 360 and PS3.

There's no doubt there are some great games (MGS4 springs to mind) without trophies and I'm sure I will play them at some point, however, the lack of trophies has pushed them down my priority list.

I find the whole trophy/no trophy debate a double-edged sword but interesting to see others point of view.

To this day I'm still playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It is without a doubt one of my favorite games. I've never thought twice about the fact that it didn't have trophies (not true, I'm just saying that lol).

I also like to revisit the Ratchet & Clank series for some good ole nostalgia marathons.

• Like 1

As i have said before, the game will either have to be a beloved classic, or a near-flawless expeirience.

For example-

Jak & Dxter

Sly Cooper

Mario series

Galaga

Folkore

Games like these that you can always have fun with.

In addition to those you and others mentioned (and I think Folklore is such a under-rated game), there are also these gems that have no trophy support that I have enjoyed:

Heavenly Sword

Motorstorm

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Resistance: Fall of Man

Blazing Angles: Squadrons of WWII

Need for Speed Carbon

Need for Speed Pro Street

Blacksite: Area 51

F.E.A.R

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

LEGO Batman

Lost PLanet: Extreme Condition

Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009

Turok

Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII

Formula One Championship Edition

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

• Like 1

In addition to those you and others mentioned (and I think Folklore is such a under-rated game), there are also these gems that have no trophy support that I have enjoyed:

Heavenly Sword

Motorstorm

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Resistance: Fall of Man

Blazing Angles: Squadrons of WWII

Need for Speed Carbon

Need for Speed Pro Street

Blacksite: Area 51

F.E.A.R

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

LEGO Batman

Lost PLanet: Extreme Condition

Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009

Turok

Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII

Formula One Championship Edition

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

These are also great options! Forgotten about these.

I was looking at buying a game without trophies the other day. It does have bad reviews but it looks pretty good...... Blacksite Area 51

Although not the best of games I have played, it isn't as bad as what the reviewers made it out to be neither. If you can find it cheap enough, I'd say give it a go...you just may enjoy it.

Yes, I regularly play games with no trophies. I'm a big gaming fan so I have a lot of systems (Vectrex, Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, N64, Magnavox Odyssey, Commodore 64, TurboGrafx-CD, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD, Atari Jaguar, Panasonic 3DO, Sega Dreamcast, among others and that doesn't even include my handhelds. I have just about every system released since the PS1 as well but didn't figure I needed to list those) and the vast majority of my systems don't have any sort of trophy or achievement support.

I do enjoy trophies, but I never go out of my way to get them and I won't play an easy game that I don't think I will enjoy just for trophies. That would explain why I only have one platinum (I'll have #2 soon when I complete a few more things in GT5) but my son is starting to get interested in games so I may have some kiddie games on my account soon. B)

Parker

Absolutely, yes. I got my PS3 on the back of games like Heavenly Sword, The Darkness, Burnout Paradise, Rock Band, Civ Rev, MGS4 and Fallout 3 in the days before trophy patches.

I've been revisiting some older games I neglected like Resistance Fall of Man and Mass Effect (on 360) lately to get up to speed on the storyline for their trophy-enabled sequels. It's been a more relaxing experience to just play the game for it's own sake rather than to exert mental energy worrying about missable trophies.

I've also made a conscious decision not to subscribe to XBL so I avoid the Achievements trap on that system. I like my trophies, but I'm not interested in Steam or XBL achievements.

• Like 1