Why is this so rare?

Howling-Lady

Usually all types of RTS esk games put people off, it's not really ideal to port over a mouse and keyboard game to a console with controllers most of the time.

So most people share the opinion that as it's so much more wonky with dual sticks then mouse it's not worth it.

Sims Pets is not that hard, some luck involved and time spent but it is quite a niché platinum for sure.

15 minutes ago, Howling-Lady said:

I haven’t played the sims on console so I didn’t realize they were ultra rare. Good to here it’s fun. I’ll probably pick it up while it’s on sale.

Ah fair enough. It's worth getting especially on sale

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Exactly. That is why games like EyePet and Start the Party! are Ultra Rare

I even played EyePet back when it was more or less released, thought it was a fun little gimmick.

But on topic here, I agree with others, game probably isn't for everyone, since you are just essentially, looking after Sims and all that, as well as the whole, luck based trophies too, which would make it more UR or Rare.  I mean sure, a whole bunch of people could be playing it, but that's different than having the platinum to a game.

About 30 hours seems a bit too short, imho. I tried 30 hours for the triplets alone :coffee: Of course, it's all about luck, but there are several other things that make the game longer than only 30 hours. It's not hard, but a bit grindy for sure. 

Edited by Izul
  • Like 1

In addition to a lot of the trophies being luck-based, the requirements are often things that would never be accomplished during normal gameplay, like getting your Sim to experience every mood within 24 hours. Also, Triple Play is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

It's a good game if you like sims, but much better on PC.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Triplets are easy to get, you just need to save before woohooing different girls (I did it with 7 of them), of course they must live in a different house than yours, then save after the acts IN A DIFFERENT SLOT and then set the game to max speed. They will call you saying they got babies, if they get triplets reload the second save and put the girl that had triplets in your family, wait until they are born again the here's the Trophy.

Btw it was a very funny game except for some stutter (bad portings are bad), even though I liked more TS3's porting, this felt just an emulated version.

Edited by NaRayquaza
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh boy, I actually started playing this for something relaxing while I have limited gaming time after a long month of no gaming at all and, while I'm having a lot of fun I can pretty much see why it's rare now xD. Triplets... oh my goodness, along the road to maxing my skills and getting promotions I've been having a lot of babies (with Fertile bonus) and I've built a small room with no doors for the babies to go in so they just get taken away and I don't have to worry about them (I'm a horrible human being) and I've had nothing (a lot of twins though), I even had a go at the whorehouse farming method for a couple hours just to see how bad it is. Flirting with a full house, kicking them all out, save, 'woohoo' them all, wait for the possible triplets to pop out and reloading the save if there are none among the group. It's clear that it's a potentially heavy RNG-grind investment, I've read stories of well over 20+ hours of efficient grinding and never seeing triplets. Then again, some people could get it on their first pregnancy.

Everything else though, looking very easy thus-far. The jobs can feel like they take a little while to get promoted at times, but Charisma 10 helps a bundle since you can often call and 'ask for a bonus' which puts you closer to promotion. I didn't wanna make a full household, I want my Sims family to be just the Sims I want, so it's probably even quicker with a full house if each Sim works on a different job each. 

I can imagine this'll be something that I'll probably never have 100% in just because I certainly won't be spending anywhere near 20 hours of monotonous baby making for the sake of a trophy xD Only if I get lucky and get it along the road with my regular household and the baby death room.

90% of the game is just casually spending a fair amount of time playing or being efficient to get a lot done at the same time, the other 10% are seperate tasks that may be best to focus on seperately, or make entirely seperate households to grind (bloody triplets lol).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

Sims Pets is not that hard, some luck involved and time spent but it is quite a niché platinum for sure.

Yeah I have Plats on Both Sim 3 and Sim 3 Pets, and I am still #7 newest on Pets even though I did it almost 4 months ago.

To the OP: Yeah Sims get are buggy AF, I've had to wipe the save and start a new game from scratch to get trophies, There was a breeding one for pets that took two or three dozen save reloads to get the right traits for a trophy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...