Why is this so rare?

Howling-Lady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5.2.2020 at 2:21 PM, charxsetsuna said:

Triplets trophy is a pain to get, the main demographic isn't exactly trophy hunters and the game takes a long time to plat.

Though I've heard with the newly added gallery it will get a lot easier.

Yes, I tried two full days to get the triplets, then I decided to download a pregnant char, which will receive them, via galery. Most of the trophies are only time consuming (maximizing every skill and especially getting the highest rank in all careers.)

I read that platinum is doable in a few hours while using the galery, while you can download sims, which are short before the mentioned events.

The few other trophies, like every emotion in 24h etc. are easy with guides, but no normal player will get them, which results in a low platinum rate.

But yeah... to get the platinum with normal playing is a lot of (boring) grinding. Also there are a lot of bugs, blocking your commands, long loadings screens and often a bad performance (at least on standard PS4), making this an absolutey bad port of a PC game.

This is maybe another reason. Lots of people maybe started this and it was unplayable (due to the performance) for them, so they bought the PC version or never touched it again. Also the building menu is very is user unfriendly in my eyes (tried to build an underground (or what the english word is), but hadn't success. I could search for any FAQs in the internet, but that shouldn't be the goal of such a game)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The reason I think the platinum is rare is that people genuinely enjoy the series and take their time getting the platinum. I have been playing this since the day it came out weekly and I still don’t have the platinum. I plan on getting the platinum, but I want to take my time and enjoy the game.

Edited by Simsm
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Simsm said:

The reason I think the platinum is rare is that people genuinely enjoy the series and take their time getting the platinum. I have been playing this since the day it came out weekly and I still don’t have the platinum. I plan on getting the platinum, but I want to take my time and enjoy the game.

Yeah, when I play the sims I don't go for achievements it's to play the game and enjoy it. 

This is one of the few games where I still play it after I've gotten the plat. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, charxsetsuna said:

Yeah, when I play the sims I don't go for achievements it's to play the game and enjoy it. 

This is one of the few games where I still play it after I've gotten the plat. 

I mean, I do not think this is the best Sims game in the series but I really do enjoy it. I love coming up with fun new scenarios. Building is always fun, of course.

I’m actually surprised it’s still at the low percentage it is considering there’s a guide on this very site to help you get the platinum in less than 5 hours which is what I did. There is zero grind involved and minimal time spent dealing with the clunkiness of the controls on console 

• 3 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 5:02 PM, Simsm said:

Is one of the worst game I played in my life.

It can be easy but you need patience for it. Although protip people might not realise, if you really wanna hurry it, especially with the Triplet trophy, then just download it from the gallery, there's literally Simmers whom create Sims for you to get the trophy on. Just use Triplet trophy on the search bar or whatever else.

The Sims 4 isn't the best though, can be laggy and so annoying. Sims 2 and 3 were way better, 4 just the devs don't give a crap anymore, one of the last expansions still riddled with bugs, they are ignoring the playerbase about glitches and I am seeing they have just released a bunch of kits, definitely just doing what they want. (Lucky for trophy hunters, you don't need the DLCS for the platinum)