Latest you can start Comrades DLC before server closure?

MidnightDragon

18 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

The end of time.

Assuming you already have it installed and don't ever update it. Comrades can be done completely offline (in fact I found it faster to play offline because I didn't have to wait a minute before starting every mission).

Getting Royal Edition, so not sure that'll work. Or am I mistaken?

Edited by Spyro

27 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Assuming you already have it installed and don't ever update it. Comrades can be done completely offline (in fact I found it faster to play offline because I didn't have to wait a minute before starting every mission).

What about updating it would make it so you can't get the trophies offline?

6 minutes ago, skateak said:

Supposedly when the standalone version of Comrades is released, the DLC version of it will be disabled, presumably via a patch. Of course there's no way to know this for 100% sure since SqEnix is being annoyingly light on details, but at this point it seems safest to turn off auto-updates until you get the trophies.

29 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Royal Edition is fine to get the Comrades trophies offline.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Supposedly when the standalone version of Comrades is released, the DLC version of it will be disabled, presumably via a patch. Of course there's no way to know this for 100% sure since SqEnix is being annoyingly light on details, but at this point it seems safest to turn off auto-updates until you get the trophies.

And even if you dont do that wouldn't that Charles thing (or whatever its called) work to downgrade the patch. Like Mad Max n Cod.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

And even if you dont do that wouldn't that Charles thing (or whatever its called) work to downgrade the patch. Like Mad Max n Cod.

Yeah, Charles would work for it if there's a .json file for the version of the game that lets you play Comrades offline. Considering you're required to not have internet connection to play Comrades offline without updating the game as it is, the trophies should always remain obtainable if Charles can revert the patch, which it very surely will be able to do. People can downgrade patches even for games with DLC packs while keeping the DLC installed, as long as the version they're downgrading to is compatible with the DLC. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 5:02 AM, Spyro said:

On 11/24/2018 at 5:31 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Royal Edition is fine to get the Comrades trophies offline.

If I recall correctly, Royal Edition is actually the standard edition disc with a single use DLC code. If so, you have to make sure you install the game, use the code, update and download everything before the deadline.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎-‎11‎-‎2018 at 4:24 AM, skateak said:

If you update the game after december 13th you won't be abe to get them. Let me know if you need help. :) I'm still playing at the moment. I just unlocked my Chocobo Ranch.

Anybody got an estimation as for how long I have to go? I need the last 6 sigils and ifrit I guess… Do you actually need to finish all the missions? At what level did you guys finish finish the lvl 60 ones?

2 hours ago, Milkyray said:

If you update the game after december 13th you won't be abe to get them. Let me know if you need help. :) I'm still playing at the moment. I just unlocked my Chocobo Ranch.

Anybody got an estimation as for how long I have to go? I need the last 6 sigils and ifrit I guess… Do you actually need to finish all the missions? At what level did you guys finish finish the lvl 60 ones?

Hey just wanted to say that I beat Ifrit the other night at level 45 with a playtime of 30 hours. Only thing I have left to do trophy-wise is beat the Comrades quest with all 4 characters, but I've got plenty of time to do that.

Note that you don't have to finish every mission, you just need to beat the Urgent quests that block the last few sigils. There are still a few high level quests that I haven't finished yet. At this point you're best working towards getting good weapons while trying to get a level 99 chocobo in order to fill out the rest of the map and beat the last few missions in your way.

1 hour ago, Reevys-91 said:

Hey just wanted to say that I beat Ifrit the other night at level 45 with a playtime of 30 hours. Only thing I have left to do trophy-wise is beat the Comrades quest with all 4 characters, but I've got plenty of time to do that.

Note that you don't have to finish every mission, you just need to beat the Urgent quests that block the last few sigils. There are still a few high level quests that I haven't finished yet. At this point you're best working towards getting good weapons while trying to get a level 99 chocobo in order to fill out the rest of the map and beat the last few missions in your way.

So the familiar fear lvl 60 quest has to be done?

16 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Got it after less than three hours playing with AI lol

Never seen him again after another 15 hours.

1-Up'ed me for sure. I think I was playing with AI too now that I think about it. Not sure if his meals are always the same but I got some crappy fries and a drink.

12 hours ago, Milkyray said:

I'd be down if we can get a time worked out. I know our timezones are quite different. I am only level 14 though. I am working until Saturday so it might be hard for me to coordinate a specific time but if you see me online, feel free to shoot me a message.

8 hours ago, Milkyray said:

So the familiar fear lvl 60 quest has to be done?

I think so. That's the one where you fight Yojimbo, right? You need to fight Yojimbo.

As for me, I was about level 36 when I beat Ifrit. So little of your stats come from level and so much come from weapons I wouldn't worry about level.

Getting the last 6 sigils went way faster for me than beating the first part because it's a lot easier to upgrade weapons once you can disassemble them to get shards and gems.

5 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I think so. That's the one where you fight Yojimbo, right? You need to fight Yojimbo.

As for me, I was about level 36 when I beat Ifrit. So little of your stats come from level and so much come from weapons I wouldn't worry about level.

Getting the last 6 sigils went way faster for me than beating the first part because it's a lot easier to upgrade weapons once you can disassemble them to get shards and gems.

I litterally never played that mission and I have the trophies so familiar fear is not required

4 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Oh, maybe a familiar fear is one of those shack defense missions? Then you don't need that one.

I forget what the Yojimbo mission is called, but there's definitely a sigil behind him.

ah I know which ur referring to do u mean out of the darkness? I had a player join in and nuked everything I didn't have to or even get to do much so guess I lucked out 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

On 11/23/2018 at 9:55 PM, Milktastrophe said:

The end of time.

I guess, someone would just to use the Mad Max method to do it then, if they did update?

6 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

This. Your level really doesn't matter much, your weapons are what is most important. The first part of the game is definitely slower, but as soon as you can disassemble weapons it becomes a lot easier. I basically made my level 120 Dragon Whisker as soon as I unlocked weapon disassembling and it carried me right through to the end of the game, and it didn't really take me long to create my other 3 weapons to boost my stats.

Edited by Reevys-91