20th Century Fox trademarks "Alien: Blackout" for use with video games

ziggypossum

20th Century Fox trademarks "Alien: Blackout" for use with video games

20th Century Fox has trademarked “Alien: Blackout” for use with “computer game discs; software, namely game software,” and the like.

The teaser image for The Game Awards 2018, which will air on December 6, teases “Worlds with Change” repeated over and over with a 70s-themed font and a giant “W” in the upper left corner—similar the the Weyland-Yutani Corporation of the Alien franchise.

Game designer Hideo Kojima, a friend of awards show host Geoff Keighley, has seemingly also helped tease an announcement.

Stay tuned.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/20th-century-fox-trademarks-alien-blackout-for-use-with-video-games

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm genuinely hoping it'll be a sequel to Alien:Isolation and we see a continuation of the Amanda Ripley story. Isolation is one of my favourite horror games of all time so i'd be super psyched if we get more of the same in that awesome universe which began in the movies.

I mean, I don’t wanna get my hopes up too much... but please! It’s a shame it didn’t sell as well as they liked, it’s an amazing game.

• 1 month later...

Disappointing to say the least... not if it had been a different story in the universe but I don’t like the idea of Amanda’s story being told in a mobile game. Don’t think I’ve wanted a sequel for anything this much since watching District 9.

Edit: Might still be some hope, who knows... but not sure why they announced a mobile game first.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 2