Tips & help for Bountiful trophy - RDR2?

bloodrive65

Hey guys, I've been playing the game recently & I'm kind of confused on this trophy. I know it's straightforward enough to get $250 in all states, & hold it for a few days. But I'm uncertain of a few things though: 

1: When you're wanted "Dead or Alive", does this cover a $250 bounty for you? As in do still have to go shooting up in those areas. I know Blackwater I don't (I think), because of the storyline.

2: Apologies ahead of time for the excessively long text. Anyways, when you're trying to get "Ambarino" state covered for the bounty of $250, I know you can't sit right across from the Fort Wallace base & shoot up lawmen, because unfortunately me doing this for 45 minutes & them despawning, searching & getting killed then never actually getting a bounty on me, didn't work at all. But if you're going for Extreme Personality, the maximum honor or dishonor scale, then you can get the bad side filled fast. Last thing for #2, I'm in Chapter 6, about to do one of last like 4 or 5 remaining missions in that Chapter which means [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

John & Arthur blow up the bridge going West to East in Ambarino, so lawmen can only enter from one side & no trains to rob from either way.

3: What're the states you've gotta do this in for the trophy? It's based on my knowledge: 1: West Elizabeth (Blackwater has Dead or Alive status too, but I haven't been there yet), 2: New Hanover (Annesburg is in a Dead or Alive status), 3: Ambarino (still trying to understand how to do this place) & 4: Lemoyne (Saint Denis is Dead or Alive status).

4: How do I shop for new ammunition (for fighting Lawmen), if nearly every store is locked & if I can't pay off my bounties yet?

Extra details about what I've got going on, here's my map & a general overview of the states & all of the bounties I've acquired. By the way, I didn't think of this trophy till about Chapter 4, when Arthur when to the Doctor. By Fort Wallace, its under the R in Ambarino on the map, I've got a $60 bounty from something, but not the camping I did previously described in my second question. But the other half of the state, New Hanover by Annesburg is in Dead or Alive status, so right there I'm lost. Then Wallace Station, by the edge of Ambarino's & West Elizabeth's state line divides, I have a $125 or $130 fine in there, but West Elizabeth has Blackwater as Dead or Alive, so I don't know if I should raise bounty there or leave it.

That's all I got for now, here's my map from the game.

Message me anywhere you'd like to give me an answer.

Discord: ice9_ghost#8856

PSN: bloodrive65

Edited by bloodrive65

Hey,

Just restock on ammo and head out into the wild or a town. Kill civilians, then focus on Lawmen. Your bounty will go up ~$20 for every wave of lawmen and will speed up eventually. Headshot them if you want to save ammo.

You can check your current bounty amount by going into the map and hovering over the state you are in.

For Ambarino, kill any civilian and put their corpse onto your horse. Then head to Ambarino. You can also grab somebody from another state if you can't find people in Ambarino. Stay on a road and soon somebody will find the corpse, report the crime and lawmen will arrive for you.

Need to have 250 in all 5 states.

Edited by Erkawest

Lawmen probably don't cross state borders because it is out of their jurisdiction. That is why they don't come for you when you shoot people in Fort Wallace. What I did for Ambarino is killing someone on a road, then wait for a passerby to investigate and alert the law. I had to get chased twice because killing the law alone didn't get me a high enough bounty. Killing the lawmen's horses adds to the bounty, I seem to remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Stay on a road and soon somebody will find the corpse, report the crime and lawmen will arrive for you.

This can take ages in Ambarino. Robbing 2 trains is much faster and reliable. Just travel to Annesburg on train from any train station, wait for it to cross the border and rob it.

55 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

This can take ages in Ambarino. Robbing 2 trains is much faster and reliable. Just travel to Annesburg on train from any train station, wait for it to cross the border and rob it.

I don't think Annesburg is part of Ambarino though?

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Ambarino

Edit: Oh right, crossing borders. Didn't know about this one

Edited by Erkawest

18 hours ago, Akrioz said:

I wish that were true, I blew up the bridge already. Although now I have my trophy, & Extreme Personality. I took a dead body through Annesburg & rode down the streets with it REALLY SLOW, eventually someone came through & reported me. Killing the waves of lawmen & horses about 2 good times got me $295. 

17 hours ago, Spyro said:

Until later in the game, you have $250 in New Austin, so best to do that while you can so you don’t have to bother redoing it there.

I went to all the areas on my map that I could ride to, carrying a dead body or just walking directly to the sheriffs office and throwing molotov's at the buildings. Then shooting whomever & leaving a couple of witnesses. Although escaping the Bounty Hunters wasn't so easy!

• 3 weeks later...

One question, in the cities when we're wanted "Dead or Alive" does this cover de 250$ or not, I'm a little confused about this.

I'm "Dead or Alive" in Blackwater, Annesburg, Van Horn (New Hanover) and San Denis (Lemoyne).

My map it's exactly the Bloodydrive65's map

Edited by LuisSarta

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 5:47 AM, LuisSarta said:

One question, in the cities when we're wanted "Dead or Alive" does this cover de 250$ or not, I'm a little confused about this.

I'm "Dead or Alive" in Blackwater, Annesburg, Van Horn (New Hanover) and San Denis (Lemoyne).

My map it's exactly the Bloodydrive65's map

Bumping this because I'm in the same spot as Luis and OP now. I just wrapped up the mission where...

Spoiler

Dutch kills Leviticus Cornwall

...so I'm currently "Wanted Dead or Alive" in Annesburg (which is in New Hanover) and Saint Denis (which is in Lemoyne). Still the same in Blackwater (which is in West Elizabeth) and haven't unlocked New Austin yet. (I know there's an epilogue in which you play as John — thanks for the spoiler, YouTube suggestions — but not much else.)

Anyway, that's four of the states right there. Does that mean I only have to get a $250 bounty in Ambarino and survive to get the trophy right now? If so, I can just create a separate save file, get that done, and go back to my normal playthrough. Don't want to waste the time doing that if it won't work, though. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by JD-D2

• 8 months later...

Did anyone else have an issue getting a bounty on their head in new austin. I go on a rampage in armadillo but no one seems to care.  Am I missing something? I've completed the story but that shouldn't matter or does it? 

Turns out I had to hogtie and then put them on my horse to get noticed.  So causing a massacre didn't do anything but kidnapping does.  

Edited by closertim
Work around

On 5.12.2019 at 4:04 AM, closertim said:

Did anyone else have an issue getting a bounty on their head in new austin. I go on a rampage in armadillo but no one seems to care.  Am I missing something? I've completed the story but that shouldn't matter or does it? 

Turns out I had to hogtie and then put them on my horse to get noticed.  So causing a massacre didn't do anything but kidnapping does.  

You don't need New Austin for this, only the other four.

But it took me ~4 days of sleep to get the trophy.

Easiest way is to rob a train (there are no trains in New Austin, but as I said, you don't need that), when he is in a needed state. Make sure to kill the driver, so that the train don't move. If you kill all guards and two waves of bounty hunters, this will get you to 235-250$. If you're wanted and need some additional dollars, you can kill bounty hunters (spawn sometimes in awanted area) or civilians, while waiting near their corpse to get spotted.

Edited by xXK-oZXx